New Servers!!

B

bigfoot

Hiya folks

I'm glad to announce that in partnership with the popular RTCW website http://www.rtcw.co.uk we shortly be unveiling the BarrysWorld RTCW League. The website is being worked on and for the time being we have put up 4 dedicated servers which the league will be using. The servers can be found at the following ips:

213.221.174.1:28960 - Objective
213.221.174.1:28961 - Objective
213.221.174.1:28962 - Objective
213.221.174.1:28963 - Checkpoint

they currently have a player password of "pastry", this may be removed or changed soon and i will post here when it is. It is also quite likely that there will be some changes to the servers in terms of custom maps and the like, again if i become aware of this i will keep you updated here.

In the meantime i strongly recommend checking out the site and its popular forums, it is likely that the servers will be populated mostly with people from there and i expect them to fill up pretty quickly once the word spreads.

O

old.[K]Torchy

when will you be taking applications for this tournament?

B

bigfoot

As soon as the league website is up probably, definitely sometime within the next week or so.

G

Gangster No:1

Just a note to say allo! to the BW community from the rtcw.co.uk community and also a huge thanks to Bigfoot and the Barrysworld peeps for getting the servers sorted. Woohoo! :E

As far as I know there are a few guys and gals who are part of both communities so hopefully we'll all get to know eachother better soon. :)

I have been talking with Bigfoot and the guys at rtcw.co.uk about this idea for a while and it's finally happened :E Here's a bit of background on me and the guys from rtcw.co.uk:

The site and forums are run by X-Cal and it has turned into one of the best fan sites around. The forums have about 5,000 members and the community side of things is excellent. You may have noticed people on public servers with a solid blue D or blob after their name?? This is a sign of the rtcw.co.uk community or the BBA (Blue Blob Army) as we have become known :) It is the mark of a quality, team minded player :) honest guv.

I came to the RtCW community from the HL DM community - particularly the Barrysworld HLCCL where I was one of the admins (=[CM]=FatBoy). I have also been an admin for Demon. I will be working with Bigfoot to set up the league but we need help and support from everyone in both communities - so anyone interested in helping out plz get in touch with me.

Thats it for now - get in the servers and give it some

:clap:

O

old.K.TroopA

Hello im one of the blue blobs from www.rtcw.co.uk and just wanna say

HI! v45 :)

Looking forward to seeing members of this forum on the new servers. We are good so be prepared for some good games :D

A big shout and THANKS to the guys from BarrysWorld who helped organise the use of the servers. v581 :)

O

old.FLV

Another 'blue blob' signing in and saying hello to everyone on this Forum!

I generally play naked and I am into group hugs in the North tunnel and the occasionally group wub-in. Although Dexter isn't allowed to bring his trout again...:)

(ps Dexter has no idea what "1337" means but thinks it's something to do with Sophie Ellis-Bextor)

Looking forward to GG's all around!

v57

fetchez la vache

D

d_g

another rtcw.co.uk BB peep saying same thing as them up there

looking forward to playing you guys, youll be able to spot our lot from the infamous blue blob (er blue bullet if you like) after the names. we've got a couple of threads discussing possibilities for the servers - what type (obj, Stopwatch etc) and what custom maps etc. since youre playing on them too please have your say :)

loads of thanks to BW for the servers :clap:

O

old.Gummiez

yes, another BBA here... =)

just wanted to say Hello to everyone and looking forward to playing with u all...

loads of thanks to those at Barrysworld for making this possible along with all members from both forums for their wonderful work on getting these servers and doing all the forum stuff...

yeehaw

B

bigbb

Good to see the league is under way, I hope you all enjoy it enjoy it, chaps. I'm sure the rtcw.co.uk team will manage a valiant league for BarrysWorld and the community to be proud of.

O

old.Sir Random

A big HI to everyone at BW! I've been registered here for about 2 weeks but I'm more active at rtcw.co.uk

Now, are you guys going to use a green blob? the GBA! (Grevious Bodily Assault)

Looking forward to some great games on the shiny servers guys!

O

old.EvilNeileeeee

Hi to the BW mob

I'm a regular at www.rtcw.co.uk and look forward to playing with you guys on the new servers.

Nice one to all involved!

Cheers

EN

O

old.Lt Thilias

Incoming !!!!

Throws Out a Big Shout Out To All BW's
Im Yet Another Of The BBA
Many Thanxs And Lookin Forward To Fraggin Some New Faces
see ya in the game

O

old.Meglomania

Yet another BBA signing in.

Big Hello and shout out to all the BW possee from the MegloMania.

Looking forward to playing with all you soon.

BTW, my favourite tactic is to jump 200 feet into the air and scatter myself over a wide area :D

O

old.Silent.B.Deadly

Heres another one,

Hope to meet you all soon and would it be possible for you all to stand still when i shoot you 'cause all that dodging makes it harder...:wub:

C

.cage

I'm told that the standard on the new publics is actually half decent, and people using them can comprehend that it's a team game, not q3 ffa, so i'm looking forward to playing some later.

I'm quite sure that the BWL will be ran effectively, and enjoyed by all involved, and stuff. etc. etc.

:)

G

Gangster No:1

I agree CageC - got to be Objective for the league.

/whispers

oh - and your points about team size - I reckon you're spot on m8. But we'll let the communities decide I reckon

C

.cage

i'm not entirely sure tbh, I do think it's minimum 6v6 max 8v8, though, with objective, otherwise we're going to end up with far too few or far too many, which fortunately is pretty universal an opinion.

X

X-CaL

just to keep you updated on the servers,

bigfoot has opened up server2 , and i have have opend up server3 so they no longer require a password (currently, i will monitor any feedback if this idea of having them open or passworded is working or not),

this is mainly done to generate some interest for clans/ players in the future leagues, and to keep the servers busy , while the league details are being setting up,

we have a great community on www.rtcw.co.uk and so hopefully people joining these servers will pick up the good habits from the other players, i.e a distinct lack of TK'ers (which are intentional) and a lack of voting complaints on people who acccidently TK you, which are some of the habits we have come accustomed to , on out previous booked server games for the forums :)

so when they arent in use for clan matches , we can still get some good teamwork on a semi - public server :)

which is basically what we all want :) a quality league, and some servers where team play is expected :) and not craved for :E

O

old.[WT]Fester Odge

Hello Everybody

Hello to everybody on the BW forum.
Yet another member from the BBA, i look forward to meeting you all in game.
Until then take care.

Users who are viewing this thread