new server news ...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[30-03-2006] Bug identified

As we announced yesterday at the end of the evening, an important problem forced us to postpone the reopening of the servers in version 1.82. Following this announcement, our technical teams and those of Mythic continued to analyse the issue that was encountered on some zones of the game.

To do so, we had to briefly reopen a server (Ys, towards 1.00 am and 1.30 am) in order to make sure that the diagnosis that had been made was correct. While the zone issues prevented us from thanking immediately the players that logged into the server at this time, they greatly helped us. Indeed, it was at this time that we could identify one of the characters that was causing this dysfunction.

Once he was identified, this character has been used for the remainder of the night on our test servers, to create a solution early this morning and this has now been tested several times on Brocéliande.

This bug affected characters that were logging in after they hadn't been played for several versions - Who took their Armsman out of his closet ? Their sole presence was triggering the closing of the zone on which they were trying to appear.

The fix is currently being applied to each server and they will be reopened as soon as possible.

We thank you again for your patience.

:m00:

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
lol i just posted this as well. I will close the thread i started. :)

joap

Fledgling Freddie
GOA said:
[30-03-2006] Bug identified

As we announced yesterday at the end of the evening, an important problem forced us to postpone the reopening of the servers in version 1.82. Following this announcement, our technical teams and those of Mythic continued to analyse the issue that was encountered on some zones of the game.

To do so, we had to briefly reopen a server (Ys, towards 1.00 am and 1.30 am) in order to make sure that the diagnosis that had been made was correct. While the zone issues prevented us from thanking immediately the players that logged into the server at this time, they greatly helped us. Indeed, it was at this time that we could identify one of the characters that was causing this dysfunction.

Once he was identified, this character has been used for the remainder of the night on our test servers, to create a solution early this morning and this has now been tested several times on Brocéliande.

This bug affected characters that were logging in after they hadn't been played for several versions - Who took their Armsman out of his closet ? Their sole presence was triggering the closing of the zone on which they were trying to appear.

The fix is currently being applied to each server and they will be reopened as soon as possible.

We thank you again for your patience.

We have to apreciate the humour at GOA :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
yup, well atleast servers should be up soon, then i can have some fun for tonight. Reckon maybe couple hours before they re open now so not long i guess.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
so its the albs fault !!!!.. to many fotm armsman :)

duvelke

Fledgling Freddie
"Who took their Armsman out of his closet ?"

:clap: :worthy:

i've allways known Albs are bugs

B

Biggilus

funny how that one comment changed my mood form steaming to cracking up.
not *that* funny, just so unexpected from GOA :D

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
So... who was it then? :)

mon, fess up! Who borked the server with their presence? :clap:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
such armsman abuse :(

glad they know what it is now, shouldnt take too long :clap:

LushLips

Fledgling Freddie
it was me :mad: my account has been log in most of the night and is still loged in atm... so goa is useing my account to test the servers ?:eek6:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
sounds like they were up all night poor sods!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
LushLips said:
it was me :mad: my account has been log in most of the night and is still loged in atm... so goa is useing my account to test the servers ?:eek6:

you do know that account sharing will most likely get you a ban... :eek7:

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
you do know that account sharing will most likely get you a ban... :eek7:

That would be kinda ironic...

Using the account to track down, prove and resolve the bug, then banning him for account sharing!!!

Sounds mean :p

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Dakkath said:
That would be kinda ironic...

Using the account to track down, prove and resolve the bug, then banning him for account sharing!!!

Sounds mean :p

That would be class :D

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Well at least i can get some work done whilst the servers down :) but tyvm for the info, for those of us who dont check chronicles anyway.:twak:

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
1 char caused it :eek7: Just shows that you can't test for all possible cases, and reminds me of the report I wrote for the program i made during the Team Java module at uni. :mad:

it was not fun

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
here's a question: if the bug was caused by peeps logging in old chars, why was it deemed necessary to take down the 2 classic servers where the old chars simply didnt exist?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
yes because everyone would have logged onto the classic servers to twat about and they didnt know the cause when they took them down.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Well them damn mids have their insta LD button and hibs have their banshees, about time Alb got an uber button, Bring on the insta server crash button

OO YEAH

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
Well them damn mids have their insta LD button and hibs have their banshees, about time Alb got an uber button, Bring on the insta server crash button

OO YEAH

Is that the new Armsman ability? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom