new season=new ideas

W

widdy

Well as most of you know I had a hell of alot of work this season with setting up/resheduling etc etc in a short period of time,This time around I hope to decrease my work load a little.

The ideas you are about to see are only plans at this stage and this is why I'm telling everyone so I can get some feedback.

o.k. The idea for next season is to turn to the skill based groups rather than randomly picked one.For this I have looked at the current placing in the groups (and also judged a few results) I have also looked at what clans skills are at the moment.

From these results I have created a rough copy of groups for next season (please note these are not final and can/will more than likely be changed before the start of the new season)

Group 1
AKA,Dr.,LS,MAS,Paddy,PMP,RD

Group 2
BC,ONE,CLF,DAD.LOK,SFIeuro,SLC

Group 3
MCP,BH,RG,TBA,TF,Q

Obviously more clans may join and this means some clans may have to be moved about (expecting wrld etc to join in as well)

Concept
The idea is that obviously clans from the same group play each other once,after all games have been played we have a finished group.The top two clans from each group (apart from Group 1) get auto promotion to the next highest group,the bottom two get auto demotion to the next lower group (apart from Group 3).obviously the same style as football leagues.
Now heres the little twist the clan that is placed third in the lower groups (i.e. G2 and G3) get to play the the 3rd lowest clan from the higher group (i.e. 3rd from G2 meet 5th from G1) to try and get promoted (i.e. if 3rd place from G3 beat 3rd lowest from G2 the team from G3 get promoted to G2,if they lose they stay in G3)

Hopefully this should prove slightly more fun for all clans playing.

Fixtures

The way I am going to sort out fixtures is not definate at this point in time,I have a 2 options to chose from and I would like to know what you think is the best way to sort them out.

Option 1
Open fixtures.This way we leave the fixtures blank with open slots,between the clans in your group you sort out when and who you want to play (day+time),obviously there will still be four servers per night with 2 times slots in each.you contct the clan you want to play and sort out the time and day of the match,you then mail me and tell me the deatils so i can get tempy to put it up on the site.

Option 2
Sorted fixtures.Same as this season was done.

Head admins

As all of you know when BWEFL was took over again it was a joint venture between Napalm,Watcher and myself.Napalm temporarily left before the season started and his staus was held until his return.Unfortunatly he never returned :-(,Watcher was much the same although he was seen on very rare occasions.Unfortunatly (not that I'm complaining about it) all the work was left for me to do with no input from any of the other head admins.Obviously being a Head admin your job is to turn up and help run the league on a very regular basis.On this note I have decided to revoke Watchers head admin staus and do this....................

New Group admins

New to this season hopefully there will be appointed group head admins,these people will take control of the daily running of thier appointed group and the admins they have control of.They will appoint admins to matches,sort out the groups match servers and sort out any little arguements/discretions.They will also have a deputy appointed to help them in these tasks.

match admins who are set to a group do not have to just do matches for that group,if we have a shortage of admins for matches any admin from any group can be called to cover a match even if it isn't in thier set group.

The reason I think this will work better is 1.it will reduce my work load slightly 2.it will make admins work as a team (hopefully)

All Group head admins will have another new staus,they will be appointed group reprisentatives and DEP head admins.they will get together with me through out the season and will help me make decisions about the running/set up of BWEFL.They will also inform me of thier groups thoughts/ideas so we can further improve the running of BWEFL.If any major incidents take place the GH admins and myself will get together and decide what type of action we should take as a group rather than the decision being made by just myself.

These Admins will be mailed and asked if they would like to take on the job within the next couple of days,as soon as they have accepted I will notify everyone to inform them of thier new status.After they have accepted they will be given a rough draft of the admins they will have in thier group with them.Once they have accepted this all admins will be informed of thier new placements.

Hopefully that is all for now but I will keep you informed of any new things happening.

Thanks for your time

Widdy

W

widdy

Group head admins have been chosen

Congratulations to the guys who will now be group head admins when the new season starts.

They are........

Group 1 Monty
Group 2 Rabbit
Group 3 Onyx

Thier job will to be setting up the servers previous to matches,giving admins matches to do,sorting out minor problems and also be group representatives during bwefl meetings.

they will also have deputies who will take over from them if they are on holiday,I haven't as yet chose these deputies but when I do I will put them up.

R

[RG]Cy@nide

Ok....for what its worth heres my opinion......

Prefer option 1 with the fixtures......at the moment some games allocated on a Saturday which is difficult for some players with family commitments.

Like the playoff idea to.

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

My tuppence...

I also think this plan for a three tiered league is better, cause then we'll be able to keep going round and improving our skillz with each season.

ATM, when there's no BWEFL there is a huge viod of EF interest - I think that it's better to plunge straight back in again with another season based on this idea.

Strike whilst the iron is hot, so to speak!!

Users who are viewing this thread