New sci-fi space game is in development and needs your help.

AntiDanilevski

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all!

We're making a 3D space adventure/ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, with real-time combat. It's a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers. It has a simple click-n-go controls, comparable to Dark Orbit and excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics.

When I'm saying 'good graphics', I actually means this:
screenshots.jpg

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing it, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

Our full 3D starmap:
starmap_01.jpg

Beside that, we have a deep scenario and world design (it's almost USP nowadays). We built our scenario based on current research. It's somewhat a prediction of the possible future - we are developing an educative game.

And there is a presentation video from Kickstarter:

While developing, we are using Unity3D. It allows us to create a crossplatform game. First version is for iPads (yes, don't shoot! This is only a first step on the way to something bigger), next (plus 2-3 monts) - Android, next – bigger version for PC, Mac and Linux. In plans, after single-player versions - crossplatform MMO. Why iPads first? Because this version is smallest and will allow us to make version for PC and other platforms most optimized. It will be easier to extend PC version than to cut it down for iPads. Thanks to Unity3D, it's not a big work and won't take too much time.

Why I'm here, just registered and already posting this? There are two reasons:

First, I'm gathering feedback and opinions. This really helps me to make a better game and realize if something is wrong. Thanks to some people I've already made few corrections. I've just joined, but that doesn't mean I'll throw my post and disappear.

Second, we are now on Kickstarter, and this is where I need your backing, if you want to play a game like this. We need support of a strong community to make this game, otherwise it won't see the light.

Though there are other threads about games on Kickstarter, I'm new and ask permission to share link to our campaign (to avoid spam/advert).
If not allowed, well - we can simply discuss our game and development.

Cheers!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So it's going to be an ipad port? Forgive my skepticism while you clarify just what exactly that will mean for the PC version....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Think you linked to the wrong post there, doesn't mention anything about the PC versions or what limitations/extra features it will have. :)

Though reading the FAQ i found this.

Why are you making the first version of the game for the iPad and Android tablets?
The development of these platforms requires a much greater accuracy and quality of the code. The game that works fast and well on iPads, of course, will run without any problems on any modern computer even with weak video cards (such as an office machine). This means that the game will work almost anywhere - and everywhere will look great.

This concerns me and this i want clarification on.

For example: a bit down in that FAQ you mentioned it will be HD on ipad/android, but a direct port to PC doesn't make it HD there as well.

I'm sorry if i'm being obnoxious here, but i'm getting tired of PC ports that seems to have been made with a minimum amount of effort and a "good enough" mentality.

I know it's to much to ask for an amazingly mind blowing port with extra bells and whistles. But i want it to at least look like you took us somewhat seriously when you ported it.

AntiDanilevski

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for the question. There actually won't be non-HD version and especially for PC, where we can use bigger textures, better shaders and effects.

It's not going to be a port - it's just same version but with the better quality (due to lack of limitations that iPads/Androids have). We don't make something small and then port it to PC - we are making BIG game for iPads, that is probably bigger than many other PC games. This is our goal, to make something serious and break that awful tradition of making game-like products for tablets and sell them.

I know only one other game that is sharing our goal - Republique by Camouflaj/Logan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom