New player looking for people to play with

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this game and looking for a friendly guild to join. I'll pick up my copy of tha game this friday when the deluxe-edition is released in Sweden and will probably play a Thane of Valkyri.

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to the game mate.

Fellowship of Midgard are a Scandinavian guild that are well established that can most probably offer ingame advice and perhaps a guild if they are currently inviting.

If not Realm Defenders would be happy to take you onboard with all different nationalities, classes and levels. Just PM one of us ingame and ask for an invite.

I am sure you will enjoy the game if you ignore all my moanings about certain players/guilds... We all love each other really :twak: :cheers:

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Heya. I dont think many new players know these forums yet so your chances are somewhat slim to find any. However when you get the game on friday please do contact me on either: Frostmore, Healler, Tamithor Cilghal and I will get you started :)

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
Heya. I dont think many new players know these forums yet so your chances are somewhat slim to find any. However when you get the game on friday please do contact me on either: Frostmore, Healler, Tamithor Cilghal and I will get you started :)

:cheers:

and btw

welcome to midgard mate

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome mate and don't hesitate to pm any of my chars ingame for some company , if you need it !

/berget

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Yay thanks for the warm welcome people! I've heard some bad things about the daoc-comunity, but I see that they was not talking about this place. Thanks guys.

See you ingame....when i get it :)

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
ziq said:
Yay thanks for the warm welcome people! I've heard some bad things about the daoc-comunity, but I see that they was not talking about this place. Thanks guys.

See you ingame....when i get it :)
Just remember it can be quite elitist when you ding 50... I have a hard time seeing a Valk get any good spot in a grp cause of ml lines more than anything else so I would recommend thane (who actually has the possibility of grpage).
But I guess they can fit into a GG of friends where the object is to have fun and not just to wtfpwn :clap:

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Shatar said:
Just remember it can be quite elitist when you ding 50... I have a hard time seeing a Valk get any good spot in a grp cause of ml lines more than anything else so I would recommend thane (who actually has the possibility of grpage).
But I guess they can fit into a GG of friends where the object is to have fun and not just to wtfpwn :clap:

Thanks for the input. I'm not the kind of person who's aiming to be "elite", but I dont want to be a class that has no place in a group.

What classes are the most "wanted"?

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to Daoc :)

Healers and shamans can always find grps and zerkers are popular too, sms are cool too and then u can also roll a fotm warlock :worthy:

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
ziq said:
Thanks for the input. I'm not the kind of person who's aiming to be "elite", but I dont want to be a class that has no place in a group.

What classes are the most "wanted"?
Usually support is pretty much wanted all round: healer, shaman.
Casters work: RM, SM (dark mostly), BD
Tanks: Zerk, Warr, Thane.... Savage

Mid setups usually run something like this: 3 healer, shaman, warr/thane, sm/rm/bd, zerk, zerk/svg.

Not sure about Warlocks myself, they are OP fo sho but if they will be fotm for grps is not for me to say. Haven't played one or with em as Im inactive atm...

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Aye wellcome to Daoc :)

The dark alliance will also be glad to help u get started, just pm any member, if they dont have the time at the moment i'm sure they will redirect u some1 who is available.

TDA is 1of the largest guilds with ppl's from lots of different countries, main object is to be nice to ur guildmembers and realm matesand ofc have fun :)

-Angrist.

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Preordered my copy today...now it's only about 59h left until I can cash it out :)
Noticed that RuneMaster seems to be an intresting class for me too...so i guess I'll make a thane and a rm to start with...time will tell who I like most :p

oh, and some newbie Q's. Even though I've been playing mmo's for some time I still don't know what proc meen? anyone care to explain? Also, what's the diffrence between AOE and PBAOE?

Thanks for your help! ziq

Helme

Resident Freddy
ziq said:
oh, and some newbie Q's. Even though I've been playing mmo's for some time I still don't know what proc meen? anyone care to explain? Also, what's the diffrence between AOE and PBAOE?

Thanks for your help! ziq
Proc in DAoC is what you call magical abilities on weapons/armour, for example if i hit you with a weapon your armour got a chance to proc a Direct damage spell back on me, or if i hit with a weapon it got chance to proc a direct damage spell to the target.(doesnt need to be direct damage only, can be heals lifetaps ablative auras etc.)

AoE = Area of Effect, which means you target something and the spell do damage around that target
PBAoE = Point Blank Area of Effect, it is sort of an AE but it channels from the caster to a certain radius and usally have fall off damage the further away from the center you are.

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
in other words
pbae = kamikaze mode :) You have a higher damage then an aoe spell, but you have to stand right on top of the mob/enemy player.

aoe = you can nuke from safe distance but you will not damage the mobs/players as much as pbae..

:D

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there and welcome to the game, I hope you enjoy your time here, I assure you that you wont get bored.
<Realm Defenders> are always on he look out for new members, were freindly and helpfull and have a few new players in the guild also.
Hope to see you around soon.
If you need any info then send a PM.

/Maria :wub:

Malena

Banned
Fom is good for RvR and lvl 50 chars
can be little lonly down in the lvl 1 period of you life

I would PM Svartmetall or look up some Purple Warriors
as they got more activity in the low lvls also they are also
in the R alliance where you should feel welcome as they tend too
play more Pve and I think that is better to start with when you are
at the low lvl's. ( that info maybe is abit old :) )

O btw Fellowship of Midgard (FoM) got a hell alot of nice chaps in there ranks
but damm well they are totaly cracy hehe sometimes.

FoM is a valid guild doing alot of crafting and RvR some Pve there website is Foms www

Purple Warriors is a valid guild if you want a relaxed style :cheers:
:drink: hehe the site are under dev Pw is PLaying daoc, wow, EQII, EvE-Online soo its under Re wamping we only got a forum right now PW site

Welcome to Dark ages Of Camelot

Yeas I almost forgot I hope your stay in daoc are going to be as fun I hade in daoc/excalibur/midgard from beta to present.. I realy like newcommers they realy add that needed fresh meat ( and all that exploring feeling into us old grumpy daoc vets )

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing for a couple of days now, and i've really had fun so far. I'm slowly starting to get things but i feel there's endless more things to learn.
Started of with a Thane but yesterday I rolled a Shaman, so i'm playing it atm.

If you want to group, give me a pm! i'm up for anything :)

Malena

Banned
Welcome into Purple Warriors Ziq

I hope you find PW as a guild to be a member in and :cheers:
have fun :)

ziq

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Malena. I'm really enjoying PW, great people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom