New patch

O

old.Dalton

Well i've tried the new patch and its a decent one.

ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/jediknight2/official_patches/client/win32/jkiiup5_6.exe

i already posted that in the last message.

There are new maps for dueling (which is my favorite) and what i would call significant changes to the saber. Its more fast pased like SP, blocks more often and you get many more saber locks.

I'm supprised that no-one has replied to this yet but i guess im up way to late.

Back off to give it some more play now but i personally like the mods they have made from the first few sec's i've seen.

I'm sure given that they are quite noticeable changes there will be people who dont like it tho.

Tim.

C

Custy

There are people who don't like any change, amde to any game ever. Even when they havn't played the new patch yet.

D

Disco PhoolCat

The only moans I've heard are from llama's who have to find a new move now the Big Red Finisher doesn't do it for them anymore. You know the ones, WALK in, bow, Force Suck - maybe a bit of lighning, Grip, then the BRF, Game Over...

But then I roll in, wave me bum at 'em, Force Absorb, kick 'em in da face & Push 'em every time they jump, then I laff. I still get fragged, but it's amusing to wind 'em up first...

M

Moving Target

Is it just me or is it harder to kick people?

F

FragFodder

Yeah you need to double jump to get the kick in. Its like jumping up their chest then jumping off their face.

I hope that because its more difficult to do, it takes off a little more health. But I doubt it.

So has the Finisher been removed or is it harder to do? I've been playing JK2 and trying but for some reason couldn't do it. I thought it was me but I guess not.

FF

O

old.Dalton

I dont think drain is too strong.. considering the levels heath and lightning are at.

Bearing in mind it take a chunk of their force as well..

There are still those damn slashers out there who fly around madly with their blue mode all day, but i guess thats just the way its gonna be.

Is it me or are there are lot of twats playing this game online ??

its hard to find a decent player who doesnt just use cheap moves (lightsabre throw etc..)

Hopefully it will improve though.

Tim.

F

FragFodder

What you call a cheap move other peeps call tactics m8.

If they get a throw in its probably because u started swinging your saber whilst they where at a distance and they figured there was a nice easy punisher otherwise you'd have blocked the throw. If you'd been close enough to hit him, then it was a pure and simple gamble as to wether or not to let his guard down with a saber throw.

Lets not forget that peeps push others over and do stuff like this, but at the end of the day its just a game.

Stuff like this exsists. The other day a guy tried Force Gripping me over the side of that top Bridge on CTF_Bespin. When I pushed him he fell to his death and he called me a lamer for pushing. Bottom line, I seriously doubt he'd have placed me back on the bridge once he's finished gripping me.. no.. get real.. he'd have dropped me. So whos the bigger lamer.. me for pushing or him for gripping?

This game is about Move and Counter Move never try something without first thinking what the other guy can do to counter it e.g. Grip with your back to a Deadly Fall, Swing your saber at a distance etc. You may end up fooking yourself over.

FF

F

FragFodder

Anyway.. I'm not convinced about this new patch, but i guess it'll grow on me in time :)

That finishing move is still there I saw someone doing it, but for some reason I just can seem to be able.. hmmmm oh well :p

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

It's still there, it just doesn't get you all in one go - unless maybe you're REALLY unlucky!

C

Custy

Best finishing move is Blue sabre back slash. If you can get in the right position it is fucking deadly. Just managed to claim 3 victims in a game doing that :).

G

Garf13ld

The new patch seems to be meeting with positve approval as far as I am aware. The thing is I simply cannot use the sabre. I constantly miss because I cannot use the 3rd person view for aiming. I wish they would make a patch which will allow a first person or hybrid view.

D

doh_boy

hmmm fish

I'm a big girl with the sabre too :( but one move I *really* love is (I don't know if you can do this in MP) the one where you jump over them and slash at them when they're underneath you. If makes me feel all acrobatic! ;)

Z

Zey

yeah doh_boy you can do it....

Yellow Stance (medium) Forward jump fire :p

Nuff said :D

O

old.D3-

Well like many others this patch really took me by the knackers and started to swing back and forth...

It's slowly growing on me now but a new 'fad' of back-stabbing with the heavy stance seems to of caught on..

I'm sure the patch will grow on me but imo they kinda fked a few things up.

G

Garf13ld

Yeah, i noticed the backstabbing thing when I was on last night.

O

old.seekeruk

they didnt really fix anything with the patch though did they.... the problem with keys not working when u have forces bound to a lot of keys is still about as well as the game crashing on changing maps. the talk thing is better but it does take up a lot of screen retial, but then at least u can see it..... sabre fighting... well i dont like it at all.... it all seems totaly random for me..... just chose the light style and keep the button pressed seems to get about the same amout of kills as if u actually think about what your doing... havy sabre... well the move is about the same... just jump twice instead of once and it does it.... it tends to hit the same as well but maybe a little lighter but i didnt really see any evidence in that.... i dont like the new "size" in sabre.... all they have done is stuck another block on the end... this is most noticable when your a bit laggy and the saber point doesnt keep up with the rest of the sabre.... i call that lazy my self.... if they wanted to change the sabre then change it, dont just stick a thing on the end of it. ive been playing it for a week now and if im in a server that allows guns i dont see any point in using the sabre at all, just find a weapon that explodes and chuck it at some one. you get a lot more kills a lot quicker that way as the sabre seems so weak now. anyway thats just my opinion, i prefered it the way it was before with the dodgy heavy style that i never used anyway :(

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by seekeruk
just chose the light style and keep the button pressed seems to get about the same amout of kills as if u actually think about what your doing...

Spin Whore!

i dont like the new "size" in sabre.... all they have done is stuck another block on the end... this is most noticable when your a bit laggy and the saber point doesnt keep up with the rest of the sabre.... i call that lazy my self.... if they wanted to change the sabre then change it, dont just stick a thing on the end of it.

Not noticed this, but if true I totally agree!

[ive been playing it for a week now and if im in a server that allows guns i dont see any point in using the sabre at all, just find a weapon that explodes and chuck it at some one. you get a lot more kills a lot quicker that way as the sabre seems so weak now.

Trigger Whore!

The whole point (to me!:p) is to have sabre fights, if I wanted gun fights I'd go play EF - & do! Pet hate of the mo is servers that say "Sabres Only" & then have weapons & ammo all over the place! (*cough*bw*cough*) It's fair enough on the ffa servers, I suppose - although last night I got called lamer because I only used a Sabre! Ffs, the "free" in "free-for-all" doesn't mean it costs nowt! It means open, oaiw?

i prefered it the way it was before with the dodgy heavy style that i never used anyway :(

Hmm, mostly agree with that, the BRF (Big Red Finisher) has just been moved from the lunge to the backstab, imho - but I think it's all worth it to have the text box now! Except when you get some llamas who won't respect it...:eek:

/edit And another thing!:eek: Pet Hate no.2 - Bastids wot frag you when you're bowing at the start! Ok, some ppl think bowing lame, but a little respect, please! It seems this has got a lot worse since the patch, but I can't see why that would be...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

F

FragFodder

Still not convinced about the patch :p

And yeah m8, i understand about the bowing thing at the start (even though i dont do it myself). I've been playing for a while not just JK2 but EF and Q3 and if a guy is stood still he's either a newbie or doing something like bowing etc. Just give him a second let him get it out of his system, and then start dueling. It makes for a better fight and after all is said and done, I'd rather kill someone using skill and experiance of the game rather than a cheap kill whilst he's bowing or something.

They probably bow kill because it is slightly harder to get a kill with the "fixes" in the new patch. From what I've noticed.. Its far easier to block and if two two peeps are about to hit each other at the same time, the blades clash in the air, ok i can see why this have been done, becaue the guy with the lower ping, userly won but when using fast stance and on a clicking spree that almost garantees that he's block any incoming attacks and because yellow and red are slower, they'll get a hit in whilst the other guy is recovering. I cant belive Raven/Lucasarts with such a good past record could have made such an obvious fuck up.

Errrm so whens the v1.04 patch comming out to fix all these "fixes"??

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by FragFodder
I cant belive Raven/Lucasarts with such a good past record could have made such an obvious fuck up.

Errrm so whens the v1.04 patch comming out to fix all these "fixes"??

I knew this would happen when Microsoft bought Raven... ;)

Best way to whup a spin:rolleyes:whore is sabrethrow, it can't be blocked when they're in attack mode all the time!

F

FragFodder

lol @ Microsoft

Nice one.. never thought of a saber throw :p :)

FF

O

old.Dreadnought

b4 the patch is was a grip whore LoL and loved it ;),

but now grip sux ass, u cant run with it, and u cant like throw ure opponents away with it?!?! it stinks now...

and u cant see if other people are using absorb unless u use a force on them....that ticks me off ;)

the good note is that i dont ever crash on changing maps now! wooohoooo, my pc aint amazing...but it still gets around 54 fps to which i cap it on, most of the time.... but it used to always crash, not now though weeeee

also, saber battles are poo sometimes, some guy was moaning about them lasting too long now...and its harder to kill some1 with the saber now :(

im on the light side of the force now, since grip sux ass :/

D

Disco PhoolCat

Good to have you onboard, in the wise words of Master Yoda:-
l337$163 1$ t3h r0><0r!!!!!!11!!
d0r|<$163 1$ t3h $u><0r!!!!!!11!!12
3y3 a3r t3h l337/\/\@$7@!!1 3Y3 p\/\/|\| @11 j00!!!!!!11112222¬, hmm?

I think that says it all, pretty clearly.

F

FragFodder

Disco no offence m8 but....

HUH?!?

me not from CS "Use numbers as letters/something else" country, speak english, what the feck does that lot mean??

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by FragFodder
HUH?!?

Heh, sorry mate, my poor attempt at humour...:eek:

What Yoda meant to say was:-

"Leetside is teh roxor!!!"
The Light Side of the Force is Good!

"Dorkside is teh suxor!!!"
The Dark side however, isn't so good.

"Eye aer teh leetMasta!!! Eye pwn all joo!!! Hmm?"
I am the best at being on the Light side of the Force, much better than any of you lot! Hmm?

I'll just get me coat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom