New Patch or is this Cata?

Toca

Fledgling Freddie
Tried logging on this morning and now its updating for Cata afaik, saying stuff about installing vamp files. Am i get the US update or is this the real thing ?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
cata is out today aye..servers down till tonight..mad rush to every game store in your region to buy the add on commences ............................NOW

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's 1.73, which includes things so that you can see the new catacombs classes (along with the other changes from 1.72 which are rolled in)

If you have a european copy of catacombs it'll also let you play it once hte servers are up :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Toca said:
Tried logging on this morning and now its updating for Cata afaik, saying stuff about installing vamp files. Am i get the US update or is this the real thing ?

Patcing is 29mb.

Anything higher / different must be from elsewhere.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
theres also a typo i think in the yes/no selection just before you have to accept the eula, says like "ACCEPT AT THE BOTTOM OF 'THR' DOCUMENT" or so :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
would guess that depends on what client youa re using amongst other things.

Oh ye, i guess :p

I haven't got Catacombs though - with Catacoms i'd imagine it'd be the same or even higher possibly.

I'm pretty sure people without ToA can't activate Catacombs anyway (i'm probably wrong).

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Fileplanet patch is 5x mb.
I've got my copy of Cata in my hands RIGHT here, and RIGHT now, as I sent my mother to camp the store at 9 am so I get it asap.
Now please put the servers up so we can game.
And afaik, you need Shrouded Isles & Catacombs to play, ToA doesn't seem to matter.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
would guess that depends on what client youa re using amongst other things.

Not really, only the toa update server is up atm ^^

Toca

Fledgling Freddie
Will i be able to play without catacombs for the first month ? Amazon is saying delivery 14 april!!...might go around the town today and find me a copy if i cant play tonight!!

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
You can still use your SI and TOA client to play.

You just can't enter the catacombs zones or see any of he new uber faces and gfx.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Is it anything to worry about seeing 'no record of user found'?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The 'No record of user found' comes up because the servers aren't open and all of the databases haven't been migrated yet.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
News did say patch servers only would be up, so you can patch your main client to v1.73 before the mad rush when Cata arrives -

On another note I have been looking at my post history and realised I appear to have become a dual personality - my son who I banned from playing on DAoC for deleting 1 of my 50s has been posting here on my behalf.

Password now changed - I (the real owner) am getting Cata and have no plans to wander off to WoW and my subs have not been cancelled (had to check though in case he had cancelled them) so any reference in this name to DAoC being crap etc... is not my view :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom