New patch on the european servers??

O

old.Ganda|f

Hey, I just saw that they on the american servers are running 1.50c. Im just wondering if we never shall have the new patches on the european servers?

R

razorboy

we will get them when they translated the us language in brittish english :rolleyes:

O

old.Ayeye

We will reach 1.49 when US version will be at 1.70 and italian version at 1.69!

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by Ayeye
We will reach 1.49 when US version will be at 1.70 and italian version at 1.69!

lol :))

I dont think they will get to 1.70 , they wont give a fuck about anyone after 1.60 :/

O

old.Prof

American servers are running still at 1.49.

1.50c is only in "test" and prolly will stay there for a while cause it includes some major overhaul in RvR.

With those changes extensively tested it is THE chance for Mythic to ever catch up on patches ... I hope to see 1.48 soon !(according to Kemors update about it's progress (too) long ago it should see the light half may).

O

old.Kihon

Still it WOULD be nice if we had an ETA for the European patch :(

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by Kihon
Still it WOULD be nice if we had an ETA for the European patch :(

Whys that?

So u can get ure hopes up and have them ruined when they mess up all the files....lag the server....and make us lose levels when they revert? :clap:

O

old.Kihon

Nope. Just so that we dont have to constantly search through boards in a vain attempt to find out when our shadowblades get their extra speccing points.

O

old.Halfmad

oooh

assassin classes get a nice boost in the new patch which is why it's particularly annoying now that we've been waiting so long.

also hope they get more patch servers, its a big patch and the last one was pathetically hard to get for most people.

O

old.Kihon

I suspect the reason the servers could not handle it last patch, was because they had other trouble, which meant once the problem was fixed, everyone wanted to d'load the patch at once. Normally the downloads are more spread out, so the impact on the server is less. However since they had other problems, most of the downloads happened at the same time, overloading the servers.

As long as there are no other problems, the download servers should be able to cope.

(BTW I have seen this happen in several other types of servers).

O

old.ViscountCharles

In terms patch level, we've been told that the next patch will be to 1.48 IIRC (the yanks are running 1.49, testing 1.50).

ETA was given about 2 weeks ago as being "not for several weeks" whatever that meant.

FWIW, I think it meant "don't hold your breath, it ain't imminent"; it could mean "we're about to close your forums, we tell you stuff all about server outtage, and we're late on the patches; we have your credit card details a;ready, we don't give a fetid dingo's kidney for anything else".

O

old.Kihon

I have to admit, the lack of information is annoying. However to be fair, certain GOA people (who shall remain nameless to spare their blushes) have been doing a good job pacifying us (Healers - has to be) and trying to provide us with information. Given recent announcements I have hope that their news system will be active soon, and hopefully new info on the patch.

If however the news system does NOT give information on the patch I will be more annoyed.

K

Keri

Originally posted by Ibaun
we will get them when they translated the us language in brittish english :rolleyes:

The patches are translated into UK English, French and German before they are made available on EU servers. Italians get their own patching, as their version is not handled by GOA. FYI, it isn't just a case of translating words ... there was an informative post on the old forum about some of what is involved. Translation takes time, and testing all three versions takes time too. I'm not holding my breath, I'm just enjoying getting some alts to the level where they will be able to enjoy the new battlegrounds. :D

S

SFXman

Yeah well the News Tool is coming very soon and most likely by then we will find out.
Just remember that our patches come in multi-patch patches and translating loads of patches in one go into two other languages aint easy... just chill.

EDIT: Just noticed I had a new title, weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom