new patch on servers....when?

• Thread starter old.Solid Scorpion
  • Start date
S

Summo

I NEED MY JKII!

:(

Managed to have a game on somebody's private server and the 1.03 additions are very welcome. Highlights for me (bearing in mind I only play saber)
  • Damage is far less at the beginning and end of an attack. No more insta-gib from walking into a heavy-stance prone saber
  • Nifty little keypad icon appears over your head when you type and configure Force powers. Shows people you're temporarily out of the game.
Sorted. :)

S

Summo

Also, to get All-Seeing Eye to filter 1.03 only, go to Filter | New enter a friendly name like Jedi Knight II 1.03, check the Modifier radio button at the bottom and past the following into the main window:
Code:
1    if version ~== "*1.03*" goto 3
2    remove
Now just select the new filter under My Filters and hurrah! Only 1.03 servers show up!

Not that there are any atm.

:(

G

Garf13ld

Well I hope that this new patch fixes a few of the 'issues' withijn the multiplayer aspect of the game. I love the graphics and the gameplay can be fun but I feel the lightsaber is pretty uncontrolable - it is just click click click with the mouse and if you are lucky the enemy might turn their back on you so you can kill them....:rolleyes:

S

Summo

Heh. I used to think that, but it's not like that at all. You can swing randomly and hope to hit someone but you'll die more often than you kill. Practise, fella. It's well worth it. You can end up doing beautiful chains of carefully executed moves once you're familiar with what your saber will do. It rocks!

[/patronise]

Anyway, doesn't this game suck goats if you just use the standard weapons?

S

Summo

Apparently the 1.03 Linux binaries have only just been released. I guess servers will be updated tomorrow.

Incidentally, why would anyone release the client update before the server updates? Don't make no sense to meh. :/

S

Summo

Well, you didn't hear it from me, but it seems those loons at Wireplay have updated their servers this evening. My ASE filter (as described above) has picked them out.

If anyone's interested I'll see you on 62.105.80.3:28070, playing as Summo. Say hi. :)

If anyone asks... you never saw me. Awight?

Z

Zey

Originally posted by Garf13ld
Well I hope that this new patch fixes a few of the 'issues' withijn the multiplayer aspect of the game. I love the graphics and the gameplay can be fun but I feel the lightsaber is pretty uncontrolable - it is just click click click with the mouse and if you are lucky the enemy might turn their back on you so you can kill them....:rolleyes:

You oviously an't pld it that much ;)

But sabers have improved a hell of a lot.

e.g. With the original version, if both of you swing at each other, the one with the highest ping will hit 1st

Now sabers collide in mid air and Heavy stance if blocked can sometimes knock people of balance etc..

Bloody good improvement though

F

FragFodder

Kewl.. I'll have to have a looksy tonight then :p :)

FF

G

Garf13ld

No, I admit I haven't played much. But I am playing on a t1 and I almost never ever seem to hit. If I kill someone with the sabre then I can honestly say that it is luck. Someone needs to duel me one on one give me some tips. Obviously because I am on a fast connection I could even set up the server for the purpose.

Z

Zey

New Patch on...

Garfield pop into #jediknight.uk on quakenet sometime, as in there... I'll help if i got time

G

Garf13ld

Ok. I have just added it to my channels folder. I'll keep a look out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom