New patch info

C

cjc1665

In this weeks update we're going to talk about some fixes we're working on for the upcoming 1.31 patch. While we don't have a release date for this yet, we do know what we're focusing on. Naturally, with all updates of this nature, none of these are set in stone and could change by the time the patch is released.

Full story at:
http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/editorial/community_message_14.jsp

I'm not sure what 'parachuting into objects' is all about, unless it means '7th not being able to get out of a plane properly'

cjc

C

.Cask

Nothing on there about fixing the insta-kill planes of terror and mass destruction but I'm sure they'll get round to it.

W

Will

Then why is every single top-rated player on servers nowadays a pilot?

Its damn hard work getting a medal as a trooper now. Through I manage.;)

S

Scooba Da Bass

Because when playing as 10 individuals it's easier to rack up the kills in a plane if you're a decent pilot, than on foot?

W

Will

Thats kinda my point, its easier to rack up kills...I found out the holy grail of the anti-air turret tank is a waste of a turret this morning too.

E

Embattle

It is true that planes are powerful, they were in real life and thus the game does justice to them. As Scooba points out the main problem isn't the planes but more the people you play with, I find that playing on most servers results in 16+ individuals all playing their own game and it never seems to include good cover.

P

PR.

The 'problem' with the planes is they are a one man team you only need yourself to fly the plane, but if your infantry you need people on aa guns and keeping an eye out. On public servers this doesn't happen.

In the clan games I have played since 1.3 the planes can now fly over a firing aa gun but if they come round again they won't survive it, rather than me picking them off as they come towards me for their first strike like it used to be

S

Senses

I would never think that pilots were never part of the team or that planes were overly powerful (apart from the new bombers.)
Its the uneducated people who scream "FFS get a flag" "Any one going to man the AA" and "Is any one going to spot artillery for me".
Those are the people who you have to take to side and tell them about the new dimension to this game called Barrysworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom