New MMORPG like old UO of today?

S

samurai001

I saw it on vnboards a couple of times and saw it didnt have many posts so i ignored it, i saw cornell mention it on these boards though, took a look at it and omfg, how can a game like that have so few fans? My guess is bad publicity.

the game darkfallonline. its homepage would be pretty obvious.

S

samurai001

Its supposed to enter beta next month, ill be trying my damned hardest to get in :p

D

Daja

a new uo? /me sighs One can only dream. I can't see another mmopg with that freedom, although it would be greatly refreshing.

S

SilverHood

Realms of Torment looks to be very UO like too

one can only hope

V

villageidiot

beta test aplication for darkfall doesnt seem to work, just refreshes the page

T

temseti

Originally posted by SilverHood
Realms of Torment looks to be very UO like too

one can only hope

Indeed, i've been in RoT closed beta since jan and it just gets better and better. It will replace daoc for sure.

S

samurai001

The beta link doesnt work yet because they havent made the links active, beta is supposed next month, so beta reg could get active soon, and yes they intend to give all the freedom that uo did, read there FAQ, there will not be any safe zones, if players want a safe zone, they must create a safe zone themselves (even then it will still be possible to attack people and kill, but youd likely get killed by the people who are supposedly making it safe, such as good players, or npc guards.

there will be no "safe zones" where you cannot attack someone.

G

Gandir

I did post about this game for over a year ago, and the reason why it's not so well knowned is that they quite recently did get a publisher. And the publisher is unknown to most of the world since it's a greek one. And the game developers are norwegian, and they have been on the "right" path developing this game all from the start. Seams like they actually had a real plan on what kind of game they wanted to create.

My biggets worries is that they will focus to much on the need for spells and magicans, but I hope that my worries will be found unwarrented :)

:clap:

I have been watching the developement of this game closely and I hope they will make a smashing hit out of it.

O

old.tRoG

Why don't you just play UO? It r0xx0rz y00r s0xx0rz!1!1!1

K

katt!

read everything about darkfall, read everything about shadowbane prerelease.

compare.

cry.

S

samurai001

Take a look at shadowbanes crappy 3rd person view and total bs graphics, then take a look at darkfalls graphics, compare.

Graphics are a little like daocs, hopfully they will run as well too.

N

nicky-nook

a new uo? /me sighs One can only dream. I can't see another mmopg with that freedom, although it would be greatly refreshing

/agree

best mmo ever imo.

Regards Nicky.

T

tasslehoff

That game looks Gr8 ! :D ... i think iam gonna change from daoc to THAT if it is as good as it sounds/looks :)

S

Sarnat

You simply can't tell anything about the game untill you try it. I had high hopes for EVE, for example, but when I got into beta I found it just too boring for me. SWG and SB were both hyped a lot and I hear they're not doing that well. The fact is that you can not tell if a game is good or not based on still pictures and few FAQs and stuff like that.

In my opinnion, this "freedom" thing is way too overrated. Many players want it and devs put it in the game. Most of the time it seems to come out crap... You decide...

S

samurai001

I have followed mmorpgs for years, I have faith in this one, i didnt even bother with SWG.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by samurai001
I have followed mmorpgs for years, I have faith in this one, i didnt even bother with SWG.

once swg gets mounts and player cities sorted, it's gonna be class :D

I'm thinking about organising a race across tattoine on Eclipse, but will need to find out how mounts work first :)

G

gutrot

darkfall looks very interesting, thanks for the heads up :)

O

old.Tohtori

Translator incoming!!!

Key features:

(Things to piss you off)

Possibly the biggest online game world ever created, with four huge continents to explore, and hundreds of small islands.

(Four places with three cities and a lot, -a lot-, of green and brown stuff in the middle. Hundreds of small pieces floating in the ocean with one mob on them. Max.)

The best quest engine ever seen in a game, with literally millions of interesting and rewarding auto-generated quests to solve.

("Go here. Kill this. Come back." This is an example of how different the quests are compared to "Go there. Kill that. Come back" that usually is in MMORPG's.)

The most realistic online game world ever created, with trees and grass swaying in the wind and dynamical clouds generated based on the weather in the area, real world physics, dynamic lighting and shadows, and smooth night/day cycles.

(Tons of stuff to make you go "Oooh...aaah..." and forget about the important stuff like game balance, interesting gameplay and such)

Advance your player character any way you want, with more than 1000 skills and spells to learn and master.

(Loads off skills learn. Most of the skills do shit for your character but look funky on your charsheet. Over 500 spells! With spells like "Fireball", "Firesphere", "Ball of Fire", "Round Flamy Thing" you are sure to find the diversity amazing.)

Superb 3D graphics, detailed models, smooth life-like animations and amazingly sharp textures.

(A lot of useless and boring shite to make your computer cough, have a stroke and die.)

Darkfall supports actual ownership of resources and areas, making conquest and warfare an integrated part of the game.

(Amazing! Everyone that is two levels stronger then you or has a bit longer stick can come and steal everything you worked hard for.)

Exciting action-packed combat situations, with actual player skill and strategy influencing the outcome of the combat.

(To press 1 or to press 2 on the quickbar! Amazing! Did we say it's strategic?)

The most advanced Clan administration and communications tools ever seen in an online game.

(Now you can actually quickbar the most wanted lines like "Hlp plz!", "G plz!" and "N00B" and use them fast in this new invention we call guild...ahem...clanchat!)

Endless career opportunities. Be a humble fisherman, a legendary smith, a friendly baker, a trusted hunter, a superb tailor, a mercenary hiring your services to the highest bidder, a magician teaching other players powerful spells of magic, an explorer telling tales of dungeons explored and exotic islands visited, or a fearless clan leader, leading your clan to countless victories over your enemies.

(Choose a profession that fits you and then do the exact same things as the other players to become one! Be it a fighter or a fisherman you still kill stuff to gain more needed skills like "Talking" or "Whistling".)

In Darkfall it's the players that run the world through kingdom building, conquest, diplomacy, strategy, politics, even a player defined legal system.

(Some players can become people who can tell other people what to do and the other people don't have to listen to keep the game free! Our servers hold over 20 players at a time so prepare for huge wars!)

K

kinag

Looks like an ok game imo, but I would rather play daoc I think :eek:

O

old.tRoG

I still don't understand why you don't just play uo. :p

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I still don't understand why you don't just play uo. :p

yea. :) if UO is the best MMOG ever then why are u even here????

A

Athis

Originally posted by m-obscene
Lineage 2 looks better . . .

I atleast found L2 to be way worse than DAoC except for the graphics and the amount of digital pr0n...which I guess are major selling points when it comes to MMOs :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom