New midgard end regen "buff" is bullsh*t

O

old.Chavez

- Added a new endurance regen buff to the Shaman Augmentation spec:
2 Minor Earth Invigoration (single target)
12 Lesser Earth Invigoration (single target)
22 Earth Invigoration (single target)
32 Greater Earth Invigoration (group target)
42 Superior Earth Invigoration (group target)

....how the hell can they make it a buff of all things..something this powerful. Hibs have to use instrument to play it (bards)..soon albs will have pallies chanting it with limited range much like hibs....

10 min duration and unlimited range. Hell, pallies cant even chant it for more than 2-3 mins before their power is drained...

/laugh

T

Tesla Monkor

What's so strange about it? Albion is the defensive realm (lots of armour), Hibernia is the magic realm (Everyone has magic! (Sounds like a disneyland slogan), and Midgard is the offensive (Melee realm). Melee is based on styles, and styles need lots of endurance.

Until this patch, there was no endurance regeneration available in Midgard, save for the ones bought with Realm Abilities. I'm glad it is given to shamen. It makes them wanted in groups for more than their buffs. :)

The spell isn't cheap either.. It takes a LOT of power to cast, and lasts only 10min.

Paladins got plenty of loving in the same patch.

But then again, I'm a Midgardian, so I'm biased, am I not?

I

ivan_tribbiani

Huzzah to people with buffbots and high shammy chars <alts or not> !!!!!!!!

S

Solid

MY Buffbot Levelling Crusade is about to go into OVERDRIVE.

Level 25, FULL Aug Shammy at, omg am I gonna level this bitch or am I gonna level tihs bitch?

IN THINK I AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

P

Psy|:m00:

Think I agreewith Tesla here, Midgard would be wanting a more powerful end regen for it' s 'Melee realm' approach...Although tbh I think it would have made more sense as a battlesong for the skald, kind of a motivational song to keep people fighting...but then again, i don't play in Midgard, so i would say that :p

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by Solid
MY Buffbot Levelling Crusade is about to go into OVERDRIVE.

Level 25, FULL Aug Shammy at, omg am I gonna level this bitch or am I gonna level tihs bitch?

IN THINK I AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

How dare you be a TPT and a Multi at same time !!!!!!

People take the title away from him n lock him up for your own sake :p

O

old.Chavez

Look i really dont give a flying fook that midgard is the melee realm when some runie nukes me for 500+. Just put the "melee realm" thing to rest....your magic is on par with albs, your melee certainly is as well....so a description that mythic may or may not have used ages ago and before endless amounts of patches really doesnt apply anymore... :D

And more importantly it's still too powerful to be put on a buff line....

O

old.Bubble

personly i think its a good idea
through the single target buffs aren't as strong as the paladin and bards group chant

O

old.Chavez

When a shammie and a zerk team up...be somewhere else :p

M

mid-gentry

Well why do mid get grp regan at spec 32... why do a shammy have to spec as a buffbot to get end regan... aint gonna be meny non buffbots out there with grp end regan.

O

old.Bubble

anyway u mids should be happy :)
you can exp your buffbots more easyer now

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Chavez, get a grip man...you say Midgard melee is already better than the others and that casters are as good as the other realms'. This maybe true, but we only got 2 casting classes ffs, and one of them is the least played of all 3 realms. And our melee is supposed to be better, although our best armor type is significantly inferior to the ones in the other 2 realms and our melee classes can only choose between 2 types of damage, while other realms have 3 or 4. And then you start bitching when we finally get an end regen, on a 10 min timer even. You really expect all us Middies to run back to our buff-bots at the pk every 10 min then?

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by old.Eynar_Vega
You really expect all us Middies to run back to our buff-bots at the pk every 10 min then?

Yes. :m00:

D

Damon_D

/em goes into alb whining mode....

Buuhhuuu how come we dont have that X10 , we are the love childs of Mythic buuhhuuu we been let down buuhhuuu

O

old.Chavez

I think quite a few shammies will come out of the buff bot retirement and get played more.

and you get a grip Eynar, heres some news for you :

1) We'll swap 2 casters for your runie. Pick 2 classes please. Please !
2) Your armor is not signifigantly worse than the other realms. Our plate advantage is totally negated by the crush penalty against you guys. If thats not enough you got evade on your heavy tank to further lvl the field.
3) You get 2 handed wepons for free. /laugh and nuff said :)

The only realm that truly holds an advantage in one field is hib -and that would be in (surprise suprise) magic.

Imo mids can have end regen as a song but not as a buff.

Mythics problem is they cant give it to skalds as they are already balanced and he was mids only song class.

F

Frair

Ok, i think Shamie should get something like End cost lower buffs, like wardens have. End regen song/chant could have or skalds, or maybe spiritmasters (let's say they can refresh spirit).

And about running back every 10 minuts for buff - why? it's a group spell.. one spell after fight and you have your end regen refreshed. That will be big disadvantage - If someone will kill hibs bard or albs paladin, they are without end regen. If Midgards shaman will die, they still have end regen for few minutes. That's quite nasty imbalance i think.

J

Jenna.

uhm, are you actually whining on the damage runies does? mkay...

F

Fightersuntzu

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
What's so strange about it? Albion is the defensive realm (lots of armour), Hibernia is the magic realm (Everyone has magic! (Sounds like a disneyland slogan), and Midgard is the offensive (Melee realm). Melee is based on styles, and styles need lots of endurance.

Where the fark did this melee realm thing come in? ive looked all over for stuff like this.......all i see on IGN is "Why does the 'melee realm' not have end regen". :sleeping:

Just because you're the melee realm[even if, through some space warp flux thing, its true ] doesnt a) mean you're entitled to win hands down in any sort of melee battles...that you're tanks are supposed to be better in any sort of way [they're supposed to be equal, y'know ;) ] why bother playing an tank if you were always gonna get straight up owned by the first yellow con mid who walked out of the PK? Nah.

Ill admit that midgard may be a realm where melee is emphasized...but it doesnt mean you MUST be better in any way compared to other tanks :)

<note: this is all loosed frustration from vn boards :) >

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Eynar_Vega
our melee classes can only choose between 2 types of damage, while other realms have 3 or 4.
4 damage types? Wow, what's the 4th type?

O

oldnick

Originally posted by old.Chavez

soon albs will have pallies chanting it with limited range much like hibs....

I read somewhere that soon they double the range on all paladin chants ;)

Nick

A

Ardrias_Mid

Giving end regen as a song would be quite stupid, as skalds are fairly, compared to other mid classes, über.

Shamans as it is now, have very little use other than just that as a buffbot. And as it is on a 10 min timer, it's not going to be another improvement to buffbots, rather to those who actually "play" shamans.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Fightersuntzu

Where the fark did this melee realm thing come in? ive looked all over for stuff like this.......all i see on IGN is "Why does the 'melee realm' not have end regen". :sleeping:

Just because you're the melee realm[even if, through some space warp flux thing, its true ] doesnt a) mean you're entitled to win hands down in any sort of melee battles...that you're tanks are supposed to be better in any sort of way [they're supposed to be equal, y'know ;) ] why bother playing an tank if you were always gonna get straight up owned by the first yellow con mid who walked out of the PK? Nah.

Ill admit that midgard may be a realm where melee is emphasized...but it doesnt mean you MUST be better in any way compared to other tanks :)

<note: this is all loosed frustration from vn boards :) >

Well maybe because our tanks are the shittiest around , compare a warrior to an armsman or a hero , and tell me we have the best tanks " laughs so hard his arse fall's out of his pants "

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Dannyn

4 damage types? Wow, what's the 4th type?

The 4 and most used dmg type , is WHINING , and is mostly used to hurt the other realms by WHINING , when a non alb realm get's anything remotely usefull , to the alb loving feekhead's at Mythic

F

Fightersuntzu

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

Well maybe because our tanks are the shittiest around , compare a warrior to an armsman or a hero , and tell me we have the best tanks " laughs so hard his arse fall's out of his pants "

most of the posts on VN boards i was talking about were the 'fix the warrior' threads....fixes are needed, i wont object to the fact that warriors are gimped :)

my original point was anyway that even if midgard is the 'melee' realm it DOESNT mean you SHOULD have the best tanks...else why play an albion/hibernian tank or a midgard/albion caster if you should always be owned by the other [insert melee/magic here] realm :)

Yar. :)

L

Luuna

Hey, I know! Why don't we just give each realm EXACTLY the same skills! That would make everything all nice an homogenetic and really interesting! :p

Looking at it from a Hibernian point of view : an endurance regen buff actually works out better for the tanks in your group, or even not in your group, as opposed to a chant. Why? Well, pretty simple really. The endurance buff I'm assuming will work the same as our Mentalists mana buff. Cast the end regen buff on any tanks nearby and hey presto, 10 minutes of free endurance without having to bother about being in range of the Shaman, being in the same group as the Shamman, or the Shaman dieing since it seems the buff will be power based and not conc based. The Shaman doesn't even have to bother changing instruments or songs in battle.

Seems to me Mids have been given a good thing and peep just want to pick holes in it. :)

O

old.Chavez

Warriors are perfectly able and a fight between 2 lvl 50 arms/warrior will be damn close. Reason being many have damn high defensive spec, parry and shield. The free 2 hand spec..lets not forget that. Slam and bring out the 2hander...this without sacrificing high parry spec as an 2H arms would have to.

The problem is the class is dull, they have no defining characteristics like albs xbow and polearms/plate [we already covered why plate sucks under the current damage tables] or hibs moose or celtic spear.

You should try fighting Crush as an alb and you wouldnt say this bout warriors :m00: They are fierce in their own way...

M

mid-sinister

Warriors, gimped?

You must be mistaken, the only alb tanks i have fought got "pwned".

Btw im also a slash sword gimp to, untill respec.

S

Solid

lol sini, u also have a fullaug shammy buffbot, course u gonna beat any other tank 1v1, pffft.

Try it unbuffed and Spearos will OWN u, Thrust Polers will OWN u too.

Chavez cant believe u bringing crush against plate as a disadvantage to armsman.

Arsman get Thrust vs chain that works just as bad for Mid tanks, whats worse, PLate has 34% absorb where chain has 27%.

Thrust vs chain is MORE damage per second that crush vs plate.

Warriors may well get 2H spec for free, we dont get ANY styles for it tho, most styles in any wepaon spec are a mix of reactionaries (impossible using 2H), block trigger (again impossible using 2H) and parry as well as positional styles.

out of those Warriors can effectively use positionals as openers and parry triggers along with no opener styles.

Armsman get a special set of styles tailored to Polearm use.

You really need to start painting an even picture with the facts from both sides.

R

rynnor

You cant expect Midgard to be the only realm without an End buff???

Personally I'd rather the Skald had it as there are a hell of a lot more of them who would qualify to get it than their are high aug spec shammies ???

Plus its pretty expensive power wise so Shamans will have to make a trade off to use it.

Plus in the other 2 realms every bard and Paladin can get end regen so your probably 3 times(at least!!!) more likely to face a melee from those 2 realms who has it than a poor old middie???

O

old.Chavez

Yes but to get thrust you basically have to use a polearm thus sacrificing alot of defense.

Take a look at our thrust 1H style list. It's geared at rogues with evade chains etc (arms cant evade at all)..so what exactly are you trying to get across here ?? It's also dex dependant and our primary stat is Str as you would surely know...

How many middy tanks use hammers ? How many thrust polers do you see avererage a day ?

lol thought so....

Your idea of warriors being vastly inferior to alb/hib tanks is pure fantasy....dream on.

Users who are viewing this thread