New maps

A

adslrizla

Can all of you who run MoHAA Barryservers please be aware that you have at least 10 new maps to choose from (I had them put on a week ago). I will be submitting a further 20 this week for them to put on. The 10+ maps that are on now (AIUI) should be available to all of you to run. Note that the version of The Farm that is on is 1.7 - Duncan has done v1.8 so I'll try to get that included for next week.

The 20 maps I'm going to submit comprise all the Gold and Silver maps on The Modding Theatre (as of today) - yes I know some are a bit small but your server isn't full 24/7 is it, so those small maps will be good for a blast with a couple of mates won't they?

The standard maps are now so boring that I think my head will implode if I have to play them any more :D

It takes some time to get people to realise that they have to d/l the maps but it is worth it guys! Our server (hamsterserver.com-5) is now regularly full every night and we've had around 250 downloads of our map packs.

Aside - the public Barryservers could give some thought to putting these maps on too perhaps? Remagen or Stalingrad with 20 players - waste of time when you could be playing Prado, The Farm or a host of other maps :D

And if I have to play Omaha just once more I am going to puke :rolleyes:

S

spiny

Originally posted by adslrizla

And if I have to play Omaha just once more I am going to puke :rolleyes:

Heh, good shout. Will check out your server :)

A

adslrizla

Full again tonight (public slots) as were hamsterserver.com-1 & hamsterserver.com-8 (ADSL servers). We've had over 400 d/l's of the map packs now in under 5 days and have regular visitors from all over Europe.

I can only assume :

a) the other people running Barryservers just like the standard maps and no others or;
b) don't actually have a clue that good new maps are actually out there.

I'd tend towards the latter as we've had modified messages running for weeks now on the ADSL servers telling people that they need the new maps ad showing them where to get them.

The message finally gets through to about 20% of people (I'd guess) but if we don't do it then MOHAA is dead. No new maps = bored players = people moving onto other games quickly. Not good.

A couple of links for anyone that actually reads this board :

Allied Assault
The Modding Theatre

You will find at least 70 maps on there. I would recommend going to TMT and d/l'ing some (or all) of their gold and silver rated maps - they are all decent maps and 5-10 of them are quite simply brilliant.

At this point I give up - you are either content to play the same old maps time and again or you want something new. Your choice peeps.

O

old.cool_hand

I've got a barryserver and am keen to play new maps. Do you have a list of currently installed maps by name so I can load them from rcon?

A

adslrizla

Yep - here you go :

DM/TDM/RB maps

Algiers Sandstorm - dm/algiers_sand
Energy - dm/boenergie
Panzer Base - dm/bopanzerdf
German Winter Night - dm/german
LOL Clan's V2 Facility - dm/lolclan_v2dm_1
Nazi Estate 2 - dm/nestate2
Prado - dm/prado1dm_beta
Riverside - dm/riversidedm1
Gatehouse Assault - dm/sw_dm_gatehouse_assault
Uberfist - dm/uberfistdm1
Base Assault - dm/baseassault

Obj maps

The Farm v1.7 - obj/thefarm

NB - I'll be submitting The Farm v1.8 along with around 20 other maps to Barry's today.

PS - you do know you can use rcon to do a dir of \main to see what maps are there don't you?

O

old.cool_hand

Originally posted by adslrizla
PS - you do know you can use rcon to do a dir of \main to see what maps are there don't you?

Thanks for the list.
I didn't know I could dir list the main dir. What's the syntax for that?

A

adslrizla

rcon cd d:\moh-1\main

just to make sure you're in the right directory.

Then

rcon dir

to get the listing.

S

spiny

Hmmm, back up now, but warbles on about some funny s/w called filefont. There's no such site as www.filefont.com & no link on tmt either. And the download links seem broken.

A

adslrizla

Hum - I'm probably going to regret this as we're running at 11GB/week of downloads already, but....

Try here and download Map Packs A-J. That will cover you for all the DM/TDM/RB maps currently on the Barryservers.

Don't bother with anything other than A-J as I'll be submitting a 5 or 6 map objective pack to Barry's tomorrow.

S

spiny

Cheers, I'll pull em down tonight :) If they get put on BW, they should presumably end up on the bw ftp too?

A

adslrizla

If you visit the same site that I linked to then you'll now find 4 Objective Map Packs which should be available to all Barryservers later on this week.....

P

Pac^

adslrizla...any chance of an update on wat maps are now installed and version numbers?

A

adslrizla

Pacman : yep I'll do that in the morning as there's fooking loads of them now :D

Oh and there should be another 6 going on in the next few days.

Won't be able to tell you all the version numbers as there's some I didn't ask to be put on (cos they are basically bolloxed in one way or another) but I can tell you most of them.

Give me a prod on irc.quakenet.org #hamsterserver if you haven't heard from me by about midday (I have a memory like a wossname :rolleyes: )

P

Pac^

nice 1...i did have a route thru the main folder quickly but like u say...theres fookin loads there now and it sometimes difficult to tell which .pk files are maps and which are sound mods etc.

A

adslrizla

In total there are 42 DM/TDM maps and 18 OBJ maps. There's a couple there that I don't have a clue about so I left them off the list.

Rather than post the entire list here I'll just give you a link. I'll fill in version numbers as and when I get the chance, so just keep an eye on this : http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~naismith/mohaa/Barrymaps.txt

A

adslrizla

Oh and if any of you fancy dropping in on us the timetable for one of the Barryservers is here, so you can check whether you have the map or not.

The other Barryserver is involved in a MoHAA league game tonight, so it'll be passworded for most of the night.

Word of caution - timetable is in MS Word format.

P

pvtstash

am i able to d/l these maps from barrys world server
while im in game i mean coz iv tryed to use the ftp thing and cant get logged in to use it

P

pvtstash

kewl i just got it sorted
i asume all these maps files go in to main folder ?

A

adslrizla

The pk3 files go in \main.

Be aware that if you're using XP/2k/Me then it may recognise the pk3 file as a zip file (which it is) and append .zip to it. ie instead of mymap.pk3 you end up with mymap.pk3.zip. Just delete the .zip

A

adslrizla

No you can't d/l them while in-game. EA broke that too - not a bad thing IMHO as it has always tended to screw the server up on Q3 engine games.....

G

<>GFK<> Cain

is there any chance of getting the objective version of lol clans v2 facility on the servers?
Also can we have the objective version of court yard where u dont respawn?

Cheers

CAIN

A

adslrizla

Don't know who you're asking mate cos none of us work for BW.

However, I'm waiting for the obj version of the Lollies map to go on - should happen this week sometime (whenever Jase or Nathan get a chance). Also the updated version of Market Garden, the DM version of Market Garden, Underground Complex and Wolf Castle. At that point I'm calling a halt until after my hols - hopefully Duncan Weir will have finished his Tank Battle map by the time I come back.

You can ask them to put maps on you know - read the Barryserver FAQ.......

O

old.falou

update of the list

Hello,

the list with all the maps available on barrysworld is a very great idea...

But, i want to know: is this list will be updated each time you add some new maps on barryserver???

Many thanks!

A

adslrizla

Well I'll be keeping my list up to date, but that is not a "Barrysworld document". ie - that's a list of all the maps that I am aware of that are available to the Barryservers and its' main function is to help me when setting up new rotations.

Other people have been requesting maps to be put on as well - the ones where I know what the map is I will add to the list, but there are always going to be a few maps missing cos I cba tracking down what each and every map is....

G

g4z0r

I love new maps for games. Some of them can r0x0r

Users who are viewing this thread