new line?

D

danger

NTL are within 4 miles of my house but after ringing them they told me they've halted all expansion programs in cardiff for the next 2 years...... dang.... I'd rather have cable neway.... I could go for the mansize 1mb pipe then as well :( Isn't it wierd how cable's so shite in other countries yet here it whoops ass.....

Oh well the engineer cometh to installeth a new lineth tomorrow.... so we should know soon.....

You'll either hear me gloating in here.... or you'll see me on the national news.... "Outraged anonymous BT customer destroys local exchange...." :)

D

danger

Ok so BT have been... new line installed guess I ring nildram later today..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work :(

I'll keep yas posted!

D

danger

IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!

IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!IT PAST TEH WOOSH!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DSL FOR ME DSL FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :) :) :) :)

D

danger

cheers itcheh :)

only a few loose ends to sort out, should have DSL within a fortnigth :D

I

Insane

Originally posted by ^Danger
cheers itcheh :)

only a few loose ends to sort out, should have DSL within a fortnigth :D

just to put a dampener on things, your phone line may pass the initial line checks but it may fail on attenuation of the line or various other means. it all relies on the fact that your line has to be of a "high quality" to be capable of it.

i know, i've been in the boat where my line passes initial checks but is failed later with the db reading (the proper woosh test)

good luck anyhow :D

D

danger

As I said previously.... "IT PAST TEH WOOSH" ...... :p BT woosh tested my line and it passed.....

Because I went through Oftel BT wooshed my line the next day after installing it :) ....

So that clears up anything bar problems with the broadband once it's up and running :p

Incidentally the line came in with a high frequency loss level well below 55db.... CASHBACK :)

My last line failed the woosh with a >60db reading... i.e. the mother of all red lines lol

To summerise
After getting pissed off that BT kept fobbing me off with "you're too far from the exchange.. which I knew I wasn't due to the nice 07070 thingy test coming in at 4.8km... a comfy way below the max allowed.... I wrote Oftel who got onto BT... I was put in touch with BT high level complaints and one woman... the same one each time [instead of a new muppet each time you call lol] sorted out the new installation and gave it a _proper_ woosh the next day :D)........

that's the short version... :)

N

Nos-

Ordered Nildram last night, let me know how you get on :)

Hope mine passes the woooooooosh as well!

W

Wilier

Originally posted by ^Danger
As I said previously.... "IT PAST TEH WOOSH" ...... :p BT woosh tested my line and it passed.....

TWAT. :(

Nice one Danger, I guess. :( :(

D

danger

Originally posted by Wilier

TWAT. :(

Nice one Danger, I guess. :( :(

Aww... cheer up... :fluffle:

if you buy several hundred miles of cat5 cable and drop it down to my place I've got a spare port on meh switch ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom