New lightbulb, last 60 years

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well i'm happy with my low energy lightbulbs i got from Phillips, only changed 1 out of 15 the last 10 years.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Will be bought by light industry and trashed, you'll never hear from it again :ninja:

What? Joor isn't here!

soze

I am a FH squatter
These could end up costing a mint if everyone buys them now and no one needs a replacement for 60 years who will stock them ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
These could end up costing a mint if everyone buys them now and no one needs a replacement for 60 years who will stock them ;)

With plummeting energy reserves and lack of room to store heavy metals or toxic waste I think the goverments will force the adoption of this technology. Yes it won't support as many jobs as the current lighting industry but it will save the planet billions of tons in carbon emissions every year as well as pumping billions of pounds extra to wider economy with the electricity savings.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
my wife bought a load of those new low-enegy, eco-friendly, save-the-planet type lightbulbs

I hate them. They flicker annoyingly and take ages to warm up.

proper light bulbs 4tw

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
my wife bought a load of those new low-enegy, eco-friendly, save-the-planet type lightbulbs

I hate them. They flicker annoyingly and take ages to warm up.

proper light bulbs 4tw

And when you're done, you throw the bulbs away with the tin from your ovendinner, the carrot leftovers(if someone ate some), the beancans, beer bottles and the empty cigarette boxes. Why? 'cause it doesn't f*cking matter!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Did no one read the article... it's about an LED lightbulb not a CFL. They cost £2.60 to make or something because they use a different manufacturing process which doesn't involve being 'grown' on sapphire.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Did no one read the article... it's about an LED lightbulb not a CFL. They cost £2.60 to make or something because they use a different manufacturing process which doesn't involve being 'grown' on sapphire.

And no flicker either or warm up times, they are a massive improvement over the current eco-bulbs and also use less power.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I'm really looking foreward to these hitting the shelves.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah i mean these low energy ones are alright i suppose if you have natural light aswell but in my flat its like a cave (no windows in lounge and barely any light in rooms that do have them) so they are not really ideal so it would be nice to have an efficient Bright lightbulb for a change lol

sayward

Resident Freddy
:iagree: with Ez. Fraid I went out and bought a lifetime's supply of 100 watt bulbs when I heard they were being phased out for those migraine inducing things.Can't see a thing with them either. Rest of my flat is lit with halogens and I'm sure they can't be good for the environment.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
yeah i mean these low energy ones are alright i suppose if you have natural light aswell but in my flat its like a cave (no windows in lounge and barely any light in rooms that do have them) so they are not really ideal so it would be nice to have an efficient Bright lightbulb for a change lol

You are buying the wrong ones then. You want the bluey whites ones and not the soft whites which give of a yellow colour and are pretty dull. 6500k is the colour temp you should be getting, more expensive but much much more natural light.

These are what you need...

Energy Saving Daylight Light Bulbs and Lamps (6400K / 6500K) -

Ezteq

Queen of OT
You are buying the wrong ones then. You want the bluey whites ones and not the soft whites which give of a yellow colour and are pretty dull. 6500k is the colour temp you should be getting, more expensive but much much more natural light.

These are what you need...

Energy Saving Daylight Light Bulbs and Lamps (6400K / 6500K) -

rofl in other words cho...
You dont wanna do it like thaaat... you wanna do it like this!

bugger lol I've got several of those ones, I think they'll have to be used in lamps (no lamp...dont bend over, i didn't mean that) and go get me some bright ones because me eyesight is going as a result of the poor lighting in here.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
rofl in other words cho...
You dont wanna do it like thaaat... you wanna do it like this!

bugger lol I've got several of those ones, I think they'll have to be used in lamps (no lamp...dont bend over, i didn't mean that) and go get me some bright ones because me eyesight is going as a result of the poor lighting in here.

The 25watt versions are superb, the only thing is the light is more like natural daylight and it can make a room 'feel' a little colder whereas the cheapo ones are warm whites and give a warm/cosy light effect to a room. Personally I will take the natural daylight ones anytime, they are much easier on the eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom