New keep designs in 1.65

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Keep defence issues for new albion keep design

1) AE spells reach halfway up the staircase inside
2) The gatekeeper dumps you in the middle of any enemy PBAE
3) No line of sight to anyone actually on the doors, for casting or shooting

This has basically made alb keeps undefendable once the outer doors has fallen. Not tried to defend hib or mid keeps yet, anyone else experience these issues?

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
1) AE spells reach halfway up the staircase inside
2) The gatekeeper dumps you in the middle of any enemy PBAE
3) No line of sight to anyone actually on the doors, for casting or shooting
?

1: good point, alos annoying when albs wants keeps back
2: see 1 :p
3: GTAE! :p stop rejecting E-wiz'

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
3: GTAE! :p stop rejecting E-wiz'

i know of one earth wiz in alb and havnt seen him ingame for months ^^

most usless spec ever seen

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
I also have an earth wizard. Their main problem is that their damage output is so damn low. I nuke for about 80-120 per time with a long recast timer, on your own it does little more than tickle the mids on the doors. You really need 3-4 earth wizards working together to have any real effect.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
You don't absolutely have to have everyone sitting in the tower when you defend... few casters on the battlements, or a siege group with a treb set up could make the courtyard into a deathtrap, including the entrance to the tower, I think.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
you dont need full earth spec to interrupt with gtae imo....

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Linnet said:
You don't absolutely have to have everyone sitting in the tower when you defend... few casters on the battlements, or a siege group with a treb set up could make the courtyard into a deathtrap, including the entrance to the tower, I think.

We tried.
the mids camp the side gates on the battlements, meaning any caster who goes out gets turned into sushi (especially inconnu).
Also the gate is now within the minimum range for a treb on the tower, meaning you can't hit them.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
you dont need full earth spec to interrupt with gtae imo....

dont think anyone said anything about interupting.

the point was no LOS to doors for normal casters, so have to rely on trebs/GTAE/volley/PBAE for damaging attackers on outer door so.....

trebs - heh
GTAE - need high earth to do anything more than 25 damage. - the jist of the guys point !
volley - possible
pbae - possible but interuptable nxt to doors

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Matter cabbies must be really pissed off now tbh. Focus is next to useless and they cant even aedot at keeps anymore.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:
trebs - heh
GTAE - need high earth to do anything more than 25 damage. - the jist of the guys point !
volley - possible
pbae - possible but interuptable nxt to doors

AE-DOT - no line of sight any more
AE-disease - no line of sight any more
Normal shooting - no line of sight any more
bolts - no line of sight any more
normal nukes - no line of sight any more

Basically they've just given the attackers the advantage big time, which is kind of the reverse of the whole point of keeps. Bring on Frontiers asap!

Vae

Resident Freddy
Smurflord said:
AE-DOT - no line of sight any more
AE-disease - no line of sight any more
Normal shooting - no line of sight any more
bolts - no line of sight any more
normal nukes - no line of sight any more

Basically they've just given the attackers the advantage big time, which is kind of the reverse of the whole point of keeps. Bring on Frontiers asap!
One of our scouts was complaining volley isn't possible either due to min range as per the treb.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
I've only seen hib keeps and they are the same as before, only moved inner door to tower entrance instead. I think its a good improvement.

*waiting for frontier keeps xDDDDD*

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tindel said:
Someone show screens on these new keeps=)
They look exactly the same except there's an empty archway where the second door used to be and steps up to a big door at the base of the lord tower. There are also smaller doors on either side where the battlements lead into the tower that only defenders can pass through. Other than that the layout is exactly the same as it's been since release.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
maybe you could... oooh try defending with tanks, and actualy attacking the attackers? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom