new incredible sc program

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's an SC program that 'fits' stuff for you - as long as you pay the fee, that is. Otherwise the 'free' version is not much different from numerous other SC utils out there.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's an SC program that has some min/maxing to do all the resist/stat plugging in for you - give it your drops it'll fill in the rest with SC...

depending on how well it works it sounds quite nifty.

Personally I kinda like doing all the min/maxing myself :( sad or what?

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
yes it fills in the sc pieces for u which is what im terribly bad at compared to what this program does... so for me its a good thing for making templates.
but afaik its free... (yes i read to CoC :twak: sad aint it? :m00: ) as far as i can see u can give a donation to mimir if u want to, and u will have to register if u will use it for commercial use... thats atleast how i understood what was written in the coc

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
AFAUK ? so u advertising it here, but having actually tried it yourself yet ?

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
I've used it, and no you don't have to pay. Seems fairly good at getting the most out of the sc slots (you can set priorities and minimums btw so yes you can make it cap smite ;), but sometimes it can take ages to work it out.

example: a 7 piece sc on maximum effort took several hours to complete, but when it finally had worked it out it was better than anything i could produce.

The program also loads kort's items/templates, which makes the transfer fairly simple.

Those interested in sc programs may like to take a look at this thread, and while I have no way of knowing if what he says is true, it certainly sounds interesting

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
I use that programme, but you are fooling yourself if you think that the auto-sc thingy actually works. It sucks getting the best out of gem slots always about 30-40 uv less then what you can get using your brain, I always try first see if the programme can get better uv never ever has. Its a great programme in general but no substitute for about 10 minutes of thought.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
+ does the "twinking" for you (takes 10-15 mins - depending on your comp)
+ "more" correct caps then Kort's

- not freeware
- only 2 "priority levels"

Did my template with the Mimir-bot and got UV: 688, checked my template wich I set up myself manually and got UV: 689,1

So guess the "old-way" is better, still ;)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Min Max SCing can be done with EdoTemplateMaker which is freeware.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
xanir said:
Those interested in sc programs may like to take a look at this thread, and while I have no way of knowing if what he says is true, it certainly sounds interesting
Interesting thread. I considered writing an SC program which does min-maxing, but never really got round to it - hopefully his genetic algorithm version will be decent if and when he releases it.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
just tried Mimir, looks like a very nice program.
personally I like it a whole lot more than that Edo thing, not as much junk on the screen, easy to use. :worthy:

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes you can get better results, sometimes not. Unfortunately the is no computing power to calculate all the possible combinations... 1h/2h templates are stilll hard for the program.

You also have to correctly set the priorities for the program to work properly.

People who are good with making templates still beat it though.

rayzor

Fledgling Freddie
Mirir seems like a decent program.
Produced fairly impressive results. :)

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Produced a Minstrel template in about 5 minutes almost identical to the one I did myself in Korts. Which took an entire train journey to London to get right (2½ hours).

Total UV 919.8 (915.8 usable). No ToA stuff though other than a few quest drops. Seemed to handle +cap items quite well in a separate test - better than Korts anyway. Does take the "fun" out of template design, if you can call it that :)

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Dished out the money for Mimir. I like it. Especially good to test if an item combo will 'work'.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Mimir needs some further development for it to be worth the money, IMO.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Then I'm sure that someone starts an opensource project for this soon, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom