new in Midgard

Solveigh

Fledgling Freddie
I just made my first character on Midgard yesterday.

Since I'm completely new, I would appreciate any advice on where to hunt, how to spec (I'm a lvl 20 skald==>20 battlesongs, 13 hammer), and any other interesting infos :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
welcome to midgard :)

skald spec, hmm, for BG i would recommend 23 BS, and rest weapons (think its 17 or something? ) worked fairly well for me anyway :D

though im probably not the most qualified person to talk about skalds (ive always meant to play one higher than 24 but never quite get around to it :p )

plenty of places to hunt at lvl 20, yggdra forest, uppland (though need to watch out for invaders), vendo caverns, muspelheim.... the list goes on :D

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to Midgard =)

At lvl 20 there are plenty of places to hunt.

20-25'ish (solo/group) Cursed Tomb, Dungeon relatively near Nalliten

20-2x? (solo/group) Vendo Caverns, Dungeon somewhere in the mountaints

20-?? (solo/group) Darkness Falls, -----"------

20-25'ish (solo/group) Munin Sound, Shale Golems, along the road from Aegir to Hagall. Jump at a big rock formation

These have been my favourite hunting spots around lvl 20 when making a new bg1 char, so most of the times I've only been lvling 20-24. And my absolute favourite spot would have to be Cursed Tomb, because so few people ever go there these toa/si times, so you can xp for quite a while without being disturbed by people trying to steal your mobs :cheers:

Hope this list helps just a little bit.

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Welcome to Midgard, glad to see you have finally seen the light :D

Solveigh

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the welcomes guys, and thx for the advice. i think i'll take a look in DF and/or the cursed tomb tonight :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to Midgard m8 :)

Aswell as the excellent mob locations mentioned above I remember levelling my cave shammy from 22ish to 24 in Knarr on teh Wading Boobries - big duck things hehe I shouldnt think a skald would have any probs there. Also Knarr has just about the best scenery anywhere in Mid imho - take a walk up teh lighthouse and look around - its stunning hehe :)

oh 1 more spot - not as nice looking tho - Askheim (the werewolf fort) near Gna Faste was quite good - fast pop if i remember too and nice drops :)

limbo

Fledgling Freddie
why oh why hasent anyone mentioned Muspelheim?

Muspelheim is a must. Everybody should have seen it, walked through the gates. Gotten jumped by Gokstorm.

I still remember how afraid I was of going close to those gates just after release, they were so spooky.

*dreams back*

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
plenty of places to hunt at lvl 20, yggdra forest, uppland (though need to watch out for invaders), vendo caverns, MUSPELHEIM.... the list goes on :D

i dont know why no1 hasnt talked about muspel :p

Solveigh

Fledgling Freddie
It's OK, since I already stumbled into Muspelheim (quite by accident, I was just curious about the huge Gate thing I saw :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom