New idea of gaining realm points!?

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Lately i have been thinking about where the more pve minded players could gain some realmpoints, and some previous posts gave me this idea that would benefit all realms and would surely spread out the RVR into all the frontiers of all 3 realm's.
All mobs that is roaming in the rvr zones should give a small amount of realm points per kill, ie Frontier zones, Frontier Dungeons, and ofc Darkness fall, also the guards and the lord in keeptakes should give a very small amount of realm point to add more fequency to this type of warfare.

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Think just the lord of a keep should give RPs, based on the level of the keep, enough to make it worth it - maybe a total of 10000-15000ish RP's for a level 1 keep so if 1fg do it they'll get 1500-2000 each, a bit lower than you would get for winning a fg v fg fight i reckon

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
yeh excpet BD's can solo lv 1 keeps
kinda sucky imo, nerf BD's hit em with a nerf stick :twak:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
first off, if u want RPs ur gonna have to RVR not fucking kill some mob ok?

second, the keep lord idea is a good one infact its so good its already in the game on pendragon for new fronteirs. The keep lord gives a set ammount of rps to all players in the area when he dies, depending on keep level.

but if you've played pendragon you know that no BD is gonna be soloing a keep lol :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Moo said:
first off, if u want RPs ur gonna have to RVR not fucking kill some mob ok?

second, the keep lord idea is a good one infact its so good its already in the game on pendragon for new fronteirs. The keep lord gives a set ammount of rps to all players in the area when he dies, depending on keep level.

but if you've played pendragon you know that no BD is gonna be soloing a keep lol :p
Would been funny seeing all those l33t RvR groups running around farming grey mobs 0.o

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i think upto RR5 players should get RPs for killing keep realm guards (not the patrols) of keeps that are L6+. not many mind you.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
I think RPs should stay being awarded for proper RvR only - definately not mobs. At least proper RvR versus players is slightly unpredictable and more challenging than killing mobs [well, some of the time]. I think just jacking the xp bonus up enormously for frontier mobs (even more so than now) would be a better way of getting more people to PvE in frontiers, which is presumably what you're after?

The keep lord idea is long overdue however, and hopefully will give more incentive to keep war (see apathy in alb atm with no relics), though there'll be plenty of that with NF it seems in any case. Making normal guards give rp would carry the danger of just giving an easy source of predictable, farmable rp though (albeit with the downside of telling a whole guild where you are) so maybe not such a good plan.

If you're PvE minded...you don't gain realm points, and thats the idea :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Interesting how so many RvR players want levelling XP from RvR and want to get artifact XP solely from RvR yet throw their hands up in horror at the thought of PvE players getting any RAs from high-level PvE.
You can't have it both ways.
If you want RAs to only be attainable from RvR, then levelling XP should only be attainable from PvE and artifacts should only gain XP from PvE. Don't like that? Then don't be so damn obstinate in refusing to accept that PvE players should be able to get RAs via PvE. There's no reason to deny us it.
This is not an RvR game. It is a PvE AND RvR game. A blend of both.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
Interesting how so many RvR players want levelling XP from RvR and want to get artifact XP solely from RvR yet throw their hands up in horror at the thought of PvE players getting any RAs from high-level PvE.
If you want RAs to only be attainable from RvR, then levelling XP should only be attainable from PvE and artifacts should only gain XP from PvE. Don't like that? Then don't be so damn obstinate in refusing to accept that PvE players should be able to get RAs via PvE. There's no reason to deny us it.
But that does not make sense, Realm Points should only be gained on the battlefield. And when you kill one enemy(Hib/Alb) you'll get more experienced(Thats why you get exp). But fighting a mob inn midgard does not help out your realm so why should you get Realm Points ? I am not playing DAoC anymore and only time I spent in RvR was solo in HW, mostly I crafted and was doing PvE hunts :p So you can't call me a "RVRWHORE" or something, because I was not.

Nax

Fledgling Freddie
rps from mobs? no way it would destroy the game :twak:

Bellona

Banned
if you want RP from mobs, buy US version of the game and play on the co-op server.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Funny how you flame all the rvrplayers in all your post Svartmetall.

And yes, RPs should only be gained when you help your realm, ie kill other players in rvr. And yes, all artifacts lvl in RvR, some does only lvl in rvr, but the others lvl very slow, and thats good imo.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
dunno much about toa really but doesnt it take 500k RP to get some artis from level 0-10? :p

Path

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
dunno much about toa really but doesnt it take 500k RP to get some artis from level 0-10? :p

Cere. Bracer is around 5-600k I guess; Zahur, Battler etc require alot less. Noone is going to be XPing the "heavy" PvE artifacts in RvR - the mere thought of someone XPing, say, Cloudsong in RvR is laughable with the amount of XP currently earned in RvR.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Interesting how Svartmetall's point still stands. Though I do agree that it would be a bit silly to get RPS from mobs.. Imagine how many RPS you could get when you run around with a farmgroup in the (enemy) frontiers killing mobs. So, that's just not a good idea, really.

So, why not give people RPs from killing high-level bosses? Like those in Sidi? With a certain limitation on the max amount of points you can possibly get (max RR2 for example), it would still be fair to RvR'ers. And the PvE'ers would have enough points to buy certain abilities that would aid you in PvE.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Zenith said:
Funny how you flame all the rvrplayers in all your post Svartmetall.

And yes, RPs should only be gained when you help your realm, ie kill other players in rvr. And yes, all artifacts lvl in RvR, some does only lvl in rvr, but the others lvl very slow, and thats good imo.

I haven't 'flamed' anybody, Zenith. I'm merely pointing out that if RvR players want to get everything form RvR, then it's only fair that PvE players can get more from PvE as well. XP from RvR? Then RAs from PvE is fair. I don't know what some people seem to find so threatening in that idea.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
I haven't 'flamed' anybody, Zenith. I'm merely pointing out that if RvR players want to get everything form RvR, then it's only fair that PvE players can get more from PvE as well. XP from RvR? Then RAs from PvE is fair. I don't know what some people seem to find so threatening in that idea.
Read my post :)
Anyway, a good idea is if they added something to the PvE section. Like if you killed 1000mobs you'll get a ability that gives you 10% better chance to crit in PvE, that would been good imo :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Daedalus said:
Imagine how many RPS you could get when you run around with a farmgroup in the (enemy) frontiers killing mobs. So, that's just not a good idea, really.

Agreed, I don't think that's the way to go.

So, why not give people RPs from killing high-level bosses? Like those in Sidi?

Precisely, I'm talking high-level PvE, the same level of mobs (I think it's about 75+) that infest the frontier keeps on a co-op server (of course GOA could just see sense and give us a Europ co-op server). Not something an l337-kiddie and his bot could farm.

With a certain limitation on the max amount of points you can possibly get (max RR2 for example), it would still be fair to RvR'ers. And the PvE'ers would have enough points to buy certain abilities that would aid you in PvE.

Why have a limitation? If you're doing high-level PvE for RAs, as opposed to RvR, then it's pretty much a safe bet that you're a PvE player anyway and won't be using your RAs in RvR anyway (give me 100 realm skill points and you'd never see me in RvR again, except for calls to arms during RRs etc). And since RvRers would have been RvRing all that time, honing their PvP abilities, then obviously their uber skillz (TM) would make mincemeat of us anyway? So it's perfectly fair to RvR players - they can still do what they enjoy, RvR, to get their RAs, and PvE players can do what they enjoy, PvE at a high level, to get RAs. Everybody's happy.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Chosen said:
Read my post :)
Anyway, a good idea is if they added something to the PvE section. Like if you killed 1000mobs you'll get a ability that gives you 10% better chance to crit in PvE, that would been good imo :)

I did, and I didn't call you or anyone else an 'RVRWHORE'. If you enjoy RvR, great, have fun.

:cheers:

ALL that I am proposing is ways for PvE players to be able to get as much out of the high-end game in DAOC as RvR players. The divide between PvE players and RvR players is getting wider and wider, and in RvR the divide between high and low RR is getting wider and wider too. Going into RvR now as a low RR is horrible...and all the more so if you're a PvE player who just wants RAs for PvE.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
but not everyone who does high lvl pve does it for the fun of pve? they do it for items etc? and if they got RA's or whatever along with it wouldnt that be over the top? :p

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
I was hoping that this small realm point bonus would bring more life to the frontier's of all realms, seeing level 45+ players having both the reward of exp and a few realmpoints from farming mobs. the exp (even if raised alot) will never overtake the know exp spots with a very fast spawn. but as the frontiers is today, and prolly will continue to be even after "Frontier's Expansion", the frontiers, "with exception of emain" will remain like ghostly plains, with only a ocational group helping a friend doing a epic quest. and the reson is ... that there are absolutely nothing for level 45 - 49 players to do out there than give away free rp to the random buffed stealther who might have wandered into the enemy realm.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
There might be a case for it from Keep Lords and keep guards. Can't see it on standard mobs though.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
thas cuz pve players are noobs

edit: generally no one likes pve, its a thing u gotta do in order to rvr.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Moo said:
thas cuz pve players are noobs

Wrong, and nice flaming. Ignorant and intolerant attitudes like that are one reason RvR isn't appealing to more than a few players, because it seems to bring that kind of attitude out in people.

edit: generally no one likes pve, its a thing u gotta do in order to rvr.

Wrong again. You might want to consider the radical concept that not everyone has the same opinions as you. And also learning to spell.

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
i think we should get rps from mobs, because we get xp for rvr as when we kill them we get some xp. so we should get SOME rps for killing mobs tbh

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Exping artifacts with rp sucks, 100 times better to exp on regular mobs, but no way should killing mobs give rp. If u want rp you should rvr, simple as that. This isnt a PVE game, its a PVE AND RVR game.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i think most of you got the wrong end of stick after svarts post,
its not like he wants 10k rps per mob, he just means SOME rp for say, killing the dragon or something, like, i dunno, bg standards of rp gain? 1-5rp per kill of the high stuff, they would still get there rps, slowly sure, but they would still get rps, or say, 100-200 rp, its still a low amount for the time it takes to kill the stuff, but it would make the pve'rs a bit more happy, and it wouldnt benifit the rvrers to do it instead of normal rvr because of the time it would take to get them so few rps,

any one make sence of that?

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
adorf said:
i think we should get rps from mobs, because we get xp for rvr as when we kill them we get some xp. so we should get SOME rps for killing mobs tbh

Exactly. If Mythic wants people to be able to level from 1 to 44 in RvR because RvR players are whining about the PvE grind then why should PvE players be forced to do the RvR grind to get RSPs.

Tbh I don't know why RvR players have a problem with rps for PvE, unless ofcourse its because they like having low RR people to farm. We don't want more rps for each mob than you get for a person, hell even 1 rp for a red would be good for me, and it wouldnt mean that people who like RvR would be driven away from it.

On the subject of "defending the realm", 75% of rps is probably made in emain, and I dont see how zerging around emain or making group v group fights and farming rps is "defending the realm" (unless ofcourse your a hib :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom