Question New Home (maybe) Advice :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cheap price guide given the view and would make a good holiday let if the job ever fell through.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fabulous location and its a lovely looking house. Would be constant work (half of my Mum's house in Kent is from the 1600s and they're always doing maintenance on that part of the house), and I don't know if I could cope with the interior, but each to their own. I'd also be suspicious about that weeping willow; don't want one of those too close to your foundations or drains.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mine is from 1615 and most of the work involved is from later additions (Currently having our 100 year old roof replaced, the slate anyway, the beams are pristine) we had to have some extensive damp proofing done a few years back because part of the house is half underground, our rear downstairs windows are ground level but other than that nothing really too expensive.

Personally I think its all worth it though to live in somewhere with character.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As long as the property isn't prone to regular flooding and you can get insurance, if it's your dream house, do it. Buy a pair of wellies and go for it. Life's short. Enjoy it while you can. And phone your parents more often. When they're dead you'll wish for just 5 minutes more with them.
Like the sentiment on the house. But when it comes down to it around half a million (including works) is too far for me - presuming it doesn't bid up loads. I don't want to sell my current as it's good rental. If we sold both and paid off her remaining we'd be able to knock a couple of hundred grand off but...

Gutted really :(

As for the rest. Dad died when I was four. Wish mum'd hurry up. She was never very nice and now she's self-imposed disabled and mentally going too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
As long as the property isn't prone to regular flooding and you can get insurance, if it's your dream house, do it. Buy a pair of wellies and go for it. Life's short. Enjoy it while you can. And phone your parents more often. When they're dead you'll wish for just 5 minutes more with them.
And wear sun screen. Very 1998.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats a lovely house for the money, tbh though, I reckon itll hit at least 400 in auction

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Mine is from 1615 and most of the work involved is from later additions (Currently having our 100 year old roof replaced, the slate anyway, the beams are pristine) we had to have some extensive damp proofing done a few years back because part of the house is half underground, our rear downstairs windows are ground level but other than that nothing really too expensive.

Personally I think its all worth it though to live in somewhere with character.
400 years old!
Only 600 left on the lease.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm going to the Lake District in a couple of weeks, give me some money and i'll buy you a house np.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm going to the Lake District in a couple of weeks, give me some money and i'll buy you a house np.
Of course. Good idea!

To release all my money to you I need you to help me with a bank process first. If you could just deposit some moneys in a nigerian account that will enable me to release all my moneys :)

What you doing? Where you going?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. With brexit how far do we reckon house prices are going to fall?

Zoopla reckon 50 grand off a £295,000 house. The Chancellor reckons 18%. Some say 15%, 10% and a few say 5% or not at all.

18%'d be a big saving on a £350,000 mortgage...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Zoopla reckon 50 grand off a £295,000 house. The Chancellor reckons 18%. Some say 15%, 10% and a few say 5% or not at all.

If the predictions about financial flight from the City are correct, the value of my house should go up. Although the smart money is on Amsterdam, rather than Dublin as the main winner (Dublin is too small, no-one wants to go to Frankfurt, and Vienna is too far East even though it has the best quality of life in Europe).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Not bothered. It wont goto the1998 level that i paid for my house and i dont intend to move soon. So doesnt make any difference to me and might make it easier for first timers to get a mortgage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom