New healer seeks it all!

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
same as title, im a new player to DAOC just installed my CD's and im wondering where to go once i hit 5!

Ive chosen Dwarf, put my points into con,pie,dex...
now id like to be a healing healer so my main line will be Mending...but what else is a good line to accompany it? and how far should i take it? any advice would be great...also i have a friend who says i should look for a guild but being lvl 5 i doubt anyone would want me, how is best to get lvl's at such lowness as lvl 5? he mentioned seeing about getting power levelled to 20? i dont understand what he means though..can anyone enlighten me as to where i can find this powerlevel? or how i start it? again total noobness has befallen me and any input would be nice, on first impressions its a pretty game..hopefully i will be able to find someone to group with who wants to be healed!! :D
Many Thanks,

Seroquell newbie Dwarf Healer to be.

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Typical templates for mender are 39 mend/37 aug (variation - 40 mend/36 aug - you loose 16 resist energy here, which is bad vs. hib pbaoe in exchange for full rezz) - have semi decent soloing ability, which is important for someone with 1st character in daoc, offers to group celerity, resists, gets baseline pacification abilities - single target mez/stun and lullaby ,
40 mend, 36 pac - allows you to be backup mezzer, gets single target root, can do full rez when pr is down, self pom4, requires group to level with =D

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
i will say 4/5 of u lvl in mending means if u r lvl 10 have 8 in mending rest in pac as u get power reg there.
do task (say task to a guard or named person (not merchant) and he giv u something to deliver or kill) it r pretty fast in the beginning but as u hit lvl 10 it get very slow and therefor suggest u find some grps.
About powerlevel or just pl he means another person (much higher lvl then u) kills thing for u and in that way get fast xp :)
hopes it helps
if u hit lvl 50, 41/40 mend rest aug :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its nice to see a new mid :) but i fear you may have a tough time ahead of you.
Most veteran players use the /level 20 command, meaning if they have a level 50 character they can start any new character at level 20. So you will be pretty lonely up until that level. Also, it can be hard to level a
non-tank class as your first character, as you will be dependant on groups for your exp and many people use so called buffbots (a second account with a shaman or possibly a healer, running on your second comp or on the same comp if you have enough ram memory).
Then again healers are usually needed somewhere (especially when you do hit 50), and if you go mend/aug (or even aug/mend) you can solo pretty effectively in the earlier levels. Also, as a support class, if you do get groups you dont have to worry about keeping your equipment up to date as tanks do (i frequently used grey armor parts in the earlier levels)

My own healer is 40 mend 36 aug 4 pac (4 pac gives me the first power regeneration buff - usefull if im the only healer in PvE situations) and i enjoy it. Might respec to pac if i grow bored with aug, but i doubt i have the reaction speed needed to play such a healer successfully in RvR.

About guilds - there is usually some guilds that dont mind taking in low levels, and then there are guilds that only take in level 50 characters with high realm ranks etc. I think most guilds would like you to be somewhat self suportive and not need constant backing, powel level, items etc. Best way is probably to wait a while and when you start grouping with people im sure you will eventually get invited into a guild by someone you grouped with that liked you :) thats usually how its done. Standing in a big city and /yell LOOKING FOR GUILD PLZ, wont do you or anyone much good in the long run.

Anyway, good luck with your character and hope you find DAoC to be fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom