New guy

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
I have plans on starting to play Alb/exc..
i have only play mid/pryd before.. and that only for 2 months so im kinda new in the game.. Do you think its good for me to start on alb/exc?

and if u think so whats a good race ? ( im healer at mid )

Sarcon

Fledgling Freddie
well depends on what you like to play, if a healer class theres only really cleric, a tank would be pala or reaver, caster, sorc or wiz imo.
But there are lots of good and fun classes, since you are new i woulden't advise you to start with a stealher class since they can be quite hard to lvl and get grps with, and necro is plain solo

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
polgra said:
I have plans on starting to play Alb/exc..
i have only play mid/pryd before.. and that only for 2 months so im kinda new in the game.. Do you think its good for me to start on alb/exc?

and if u think so whats a good race ? ( im healer at mid )

Welcome ! :cheers:

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
thx.. i think i will make a wizard .. is 50 fire 20 ice and 4 earth a ok specc ?

pichal

Fledgling Freddie
if u realy want fire then start with ice, and respec to fire on 40, coz ice will make u lvl fast wiht Pbea

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
really ? but pbae only good in grp ? and im useless in bg and so on ?

pichal

Fledgling Freddie
well, noone of 3is useless in group's, Ice can be handy in keep defence, (Pbea behind a gate) and ice dd aint that weak, and ofc u can try to Pbea if they are close, fire can be usefull in exp groups as nuker but Pbea will do more dmg, Fire is more for 1vs1 and nuker solo fire will do a good job with the bolts, with ice ur pbea will do good dmg hit more than 1target for good dmg, and in rvr hard dmg aslong u wont get intercepted.In exo it mostly depends on ur group, if ur group got more then 1ice wiz, u just bomb the mobs , if ur the only wiz, and they work with Mezz and assist u nuke bit, a icewizz can also nuke,btw Bolts dont have a effect in group (or u need to be pulling)

But in rvr they are both nice.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
polgra said:
really ? but pbae only good in grp ? and im useless in bg and so on ?

No. PBAOE = tehwin in BG. In pitched melee just run into the middle and let rip ;)

If you're in the keep when it's being assaulted, pop down to the door and PB through it - if that still works...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
fire is easy to solo with in PvE and fun in bgs too - you've got the range for the tk camping :)
it's not as desired as ice for grouped levelling these days though - people seem to have forgotten how to nuke down single targets

ice requires a bit more coordination from your realmmates I'd say ;)

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
i would say that fire is easier to lvl to 40 than ice , but then ice is easier from 40 - 50 in an AC grp :flame:

unfortunatly for that u would need a respect stone to go back fire when u hit fifty, unless u manage it b4 NF comes out. (free respect then ;) )

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
ibes_aka_nyd said:
i would say that fire is easier to lvl to 40 than ice , but then ice is easier from 40 - 50 in an AC grp :flame:

unfortunatly for that u would need a respect stone to go back fire when u hit fifty, unless u manage it b4 NF comes out. (free respect then ;) )
WOW! Free respect!

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
thx for all answers but i think i make ice untill lvl 40 then i will see when i hopefully have learn how to play =)

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
or maybe i try another class =) wiz seams hard..

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Playing an Ice Wiz in a group is great IF there are sufficent tanks (one per mob) that can get and hold aggro. My experiance with my Ice Wiz (at lower levels up to BG1) is that skills vary wildly - not good if you want to make consistant advancement.

Sarcon

Fledgling Freddie
actually wiz's not very hard to play, actually very simple, a hard class to play (in rvr anyway) is pala or sorc/mins

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
Whizzy is fine :) but i recomend u staying with Ice for lvl 40-50.... u will be loved in AC, which is where Alb's lvl 40-50... for RvR u can choos between fire and ice for now :) earth is great too... but best in keep defence... think earth will pwn in NF :clap: might even respec my own to earth :)

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
If you think you would like fire spec at 50, I would recomend:

50Fire

> spec bolt 50F
> top nuke 47F
> top AoE 44F

19Earth

> first gtAoE 18E - will not do any damage to speech of but a must for interrupting at keeps / damn hib bp groups in mile gate rooms

> dmg shield 14E - wizards have somewhat poor utility but this can be handy helping tanks hold agro and is very useful when duoing with a sorcerer [great combo] to help keep agro on their pet

> AoE root L13 - PvE only really as this will just give immunity to enemies as it will last no time at all but useful on mobs

7Ice

> first pbAoE - handy to uncover stealthers, especially at keep climb points so they are uncovered while still on the outer wall and usually run away because they don’t want to die somewhere where they cant be ressed

As a fire wizard your job would be to take down important targets (support, CC, soft etc.) ASAP on the open field however you will come into your own at siege with nukes, bolts, gtAoE, AoE. With resists and DET this can be very difficult in the current game as you are easy to spot and hitting doe 270(-450) w/o resist piercing can be soul destroying as you have give up all the utility that say a body spec sorc has for an edge on damage and it is not there... however despite that there are some very handy tricks you can do which noone else can and if played will you can be a vital addition perhaps less so on open ground but at siege very much so. As with all classes co-ordinating is the key, /assist on a sorc with the heat debuff is a must whenever possible. Sorcerer have so many jobs to do this can be tricky for them to swing but the results are well worth the effort ( and yes chanters have it easy ;-] )

As a round up, the class is simple on the spells and job description front, however the skill in playing the class effectively (which with interrupts and your all the defence penalties of running about in PJs) comes in picking which target is most deserving of some attention and where to position yourself so that you can be effective without being killed by the /assist train and importantly co-ordination with others to take down your target with other nukers and debuffers. At siege you have some unique tools which need to be used an honed to aid your realm mates, gtAoE is a must for interrupts - /groundassist with climbers and learning useful places to put it round the keep comes with experience, a well timed ranged AoE on doors when the enemy are trying to pbAoE your tanks can leave them horribly interrupted, make them waste MOC or hopefully dead, hoping ofc that your tanks are awake enough to step back form the door

[little tip, probably obvious and less necessary now with FoP but if the foe are repeatedly trying to pbAoE the door spam a lower level AoE on it so whenever they go in for the kill they are hit and perma-interrupted, should also buy some time for your tanks to back off until it's safe again]

…sorry this summary is getting longer than the main will shut up now and do something work related :-]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom