New group set up for alb RvR

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
We tryed a new group setup today which totally rox'ed .... at first when we was leaving atk we where sure that the setup wouldnt work .. but it did..

The rule is ... Pet is good ... Many pet is many good...

1 Earth Theurg
2 Cold Theurgs
1 Necro (we startet with fire wizz, but necro is better it turned out)
1 Mind sorc
1 Minser
2 Cleric's

The strat is simple ... no MA ... just spam pets on anything that moves ...
in a few secs the enemy is swarmed with pets .. some figths it looked like we had 20-30 pets out ...

the Cold theurgs need to Sync their PBt ...

at 1 point 1 of the theurgs had a BM assist train on him ... we lost the figth due to us beening utterly brehon noobs, but the fun was the theurg took 98 hits before he was downed ... (remember to use ASD a lot)

The pbt is stacking still so noob melee groups has no chance in hell killing you ..

the necro got 3 important jobs...

Transfer power.. theurg eat up a lot of power...

Kill the enemies off .... pets are like dots ... low dam but lots of it.. so it is nice to have some1 to acttually kill em off

Peel pets ... peeling pets with minser is extremly important ...

allso the AF buff on cleric's minsers make them virtuelly unkillable in melee with pbt ...

as with any alb caster group loosing mezz is bad ... Save sos for those times..

allso the minser need to be very fast on the demezz both for necro's and casters...

But try this ..... is very fun ... and btw ... scream when you try odins and meet a ment :) .... lucky they was camping atk so when the ment used his RA we could run to atk and let guards kill pets

Filip
HB theurg....

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
i thought eearth theurgs had pbt /cry

should be interesting tot ry a group like that anyway :p

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
ehh they do... but on 6 sec time ....

the cold theurgs got 8 sec times ... so they need to sync they pbt with 4 sec interval..

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Then what happens when you meet a tank train group?

Oh. Strafing. Skill & Tactics ahoy.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
yeah imo earth pets & af debuff would rock

they already hit damn hard this patch

the great thing is putting them on healers cuz they last 1 min now and u can only stun them ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Never been a fan of caster groups but its nice to see theurgists getting used more. Problem is against enemy tank groups your pets wont help that much, and your necro will have alot of work on his hands.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>Never been a fan of caster groups but its nice to see theurgists getting used more. Problem is against enemy tank groups your pets wont help that much, and your necro will have alot of work on his hands.

Can`t help you are a gimp :p damn, a tank without 42+ shield :p

:p sorry mate, couln`t resist :p

;)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:

the cold theurgs got 8 sec times ... so they need to sync they pbt with 4 sec interval..

U know they got a spelllist so they can choose any of the spells?
Like 10s would be nice now.
Next run,.. hmmm 6s will be good and so on.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Then what happens when you meet a tank train group?

Hmm tank groups seemed not to be worse than caster groups ... infact some tank groups seemed so much easyere than caster groups ...

a lot comes down to the CC really if we land mezz on the tank group they never had a chance.... if they mezzed us and assistet well we where screwed..

but those semi noob tank groups with a hero or skald not assisting is doomed vs that pbt ...

yeah imo earth pets & af debuff would rock

hehe why didnt i think of that :) ... well the necro is allrdy very very busy ... but would be neat to throw in a debuff....

allthough 60% of the pets are ice pets .... not to happy about earth pets when they have to kill anything ...

U know they got a spelllist so they can choose any of the spells?

ehh ya ... but we wantet max pbt ....

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
1 Necro (we startet with fire wizz, but necro is better it turned out)

I've been advocating necros in caster groups for weeks. Hate going anywhere with our Sorc/Cabby groups without one.

Ozwin

Fledgling Freddie
Good on you guys welldone, its nice to see people experimenting and having fun as opposed to these fotm have to stick with the standard best setup groups with no flexibility. Have fun !!

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
-> Getting the mezz in first

That's the hardest part in the game atm. As you need a mezzer who has good reactions, good connection, not going afk, doesn't chat too much and knows his char :D

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
That's the hardest part in the game atm. As you need a mezzer who has good reactions, good connection, not going afk, doesn't chat too much and knows his char

but i allso think we lack ppl who spread out on inc so the entier group dont get mezzed ....

but that goes for all realms ...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
> Can`t help you are a gimp :p damn, a tank without 42+ shield :p

:p sorry mate, couln`t resist :p

;)

Fully offensive tanks like me are precisely what will give such caster groups a hard time.

Try blocking a fireball with your 42 shield.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Fully offensive tanks like me are precisely what will give such caster groups a hard time.

sry mate .. that group eat 2h tanks for breakfeast ...

give up the arms ... they dont work ..

Eof

Fledgling Freddie
But not everyone wants to make a new character jsut because of other people's opinion of the class. Some of us actually just play a class and character we enjoy to see how much we can get it to do rather than just be limited by the opinion of others. Seems strange someone being experimental with group setup could be so limited in vision in other ways. If Kagato enjoys his armsman what is more important?

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
If Kagato enjoys his armsman what is more important?

that is the most important ...

i'am truely sorry for some class's in this game ... atm the way the game is some class's just make a group weaker in some case's ...

for armsmen that is vs hibs 6 sec warden pbt... the general lower dam out than merc's got can be accpetet imho .. but when you try group arms and you find out you got a very very hard time killing good hib groups you just get sad...

the same armsman would with a merc be a killing machine .. notthing to do with the player ...

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
at 1 point 1 of the theurgs had a BM assist train on him ... we lost the figth due to us beening utterly brehon noobs

did you lose the the bms or what?

-brehon doesn't mean noob, think of albs warder zergs (nice free rps)

Filip said:
The pbt is stacking still so noob melee groups has no chance in hell killing you ..

uhm, 2 wards doesn't make a different in melee fights (and they got 3 sec bubble synced)

so no way that helps

Filip said:
allso the AF buff on cleric's minsers make them virtuelly unkillable in melee with pbt ...
PFF! as if!

sorry, sounds like a very sucky grp... only way you could have won is because you had whole zerg with you

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
that is the most important ...

i'am truely sorry for some class's in this game ... atm the way the game is some class's just make a group weaker in some case's ...

for armsmen that is vs hibs 6 sec warden pbt... the general lower dam out than merc's got can be accpetet imho .. but when you try group arms and you find out you got a very very hard time killing good hib groups you just get sad...

the same armsman would with a merc be a killing machine .. notthing to do with the player ...

DUH! no... IF they have a merc/pally or whatever to break pbt they can get nice dmg in.. don't under estimate them

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Try blocking a fireball with your 42 shield.

Kagato will rule ya all >8) you still owe me duel btw >8)

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:

LOL!?!
i would rather want 8 * 6 i give a shit about sync then

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
a lot comes down to the CC really if we land mezz on the tank group they never had a chance.... if they mezzed us and assistet well we where screwed..

HAHA! HIBS WILL OWN YAR ARSE!!! GP 4TEHWIN!

Filip said:
ehh ya ... but we wantet max pbt ....

MAX PBT?? HAHA! max pbt is 8*6

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
Gualin you got no clue ...

i do... pbt isn't the best..since i play a ward myself... and that grp seems sucky if you say they rely on mezz... hibs gp 4tehwin

sorry, easy kill for us

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
sry mate .. that group eat 2h tanks for breakfeast ...

I wasn't suggesting a fg of 2 hand tanks, but an assisting group of fully offensive tanks, preferably a combination of two-hand and mercs. Mercs and Armsman assisting makes any amount of pbt worthless.

Gualin said:
Kagato will rule ya all >8) you still owe me duel btw >8)

Happy with your duel ? :p We can have a rematch later if you like ;)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
we did a mad theurg group a few weeks ago, with five theurgs, 2 clerics (both smite) and a mincer. Worked really nicely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom