New graphics card

E

entombed22

Today I got me a new graph card - Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128mb

I logged onto daoc earlier tonight, but I still get the same lag I had before with my old Riva TNT 2 32mb. Should I configure something at Options, or maybe download new drivers? If I should get drivers, where from? :)

C

CliffyG

I wouldnt hold out to be honest, i have a gf4 ti4200 and my missus uses the pc next to me with a gf2 gts. No dif in performance between the 2, still need to relog to sort graphics slowdown after playing for a while and entering cam / sauvage is laggy as hell.

M

mavericky

Getting the latest drivers may help a little, (at least with other games) just go to Nvidea.com for the latest and greatest drivers. They often update them too, the newer ones have better perfomance that the older by a good margin

E

entombed22

You think the card I got is worth it for SI though?

C

CliffyG

Yes will make a fairly good difference in SI :).

O

old.Jable

yeah i have a geforce 2mx running on my 1.7 athlon, and my mate had a geforce4 4200ti running on his 1.6 pentium.

the difference during play was non existent but his seemed to get worse gfx bugs than mine, such as massive striping all over the screen that made it utterly unplayable, whereas mine would ust have a bush that created a huge polygon, that could usually run past and be done with.

for shrouded isles tho, the 4200 will be much better. i heard there were issues with the daoc engine that S.I sorted out.

F

Flimgoblin

Jable will be crying at the reflective effects and the shadows on his friends Geforce 4Ti

Wait for SI :) you'll be very glad of your new graphics card.

*mumbles about his stupid geforce 4mx*

A

Anu

My mate is willing to sell me his G4 ti4200 card.. erm 64 or 128 i'm not sure atm.. hwo much 2nd hand are these card? (roughly) :D

G

Gabrial

No idea - as a guideline I just bought my Radeon 9500 for £111. Apparently, I have heard that the new line of graphics cards are due for release this month so expect prices to drop soonish IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread