New GOA Survey poll!

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
It's regarding the same options as the yanks got, if we vote well, we might get a new server too? (i hope) So goto http://daoc.goa.com/ and click surveys in the left list and sign up for: A server type that eliminates the ability for players to travel to Trials of Atlantis (to eliminate artefacts, master levels and master abilities. !!!!!!!

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Done. Tho that merging with home invading server would be real nice.

Bourlog

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
A server type that eliminates the ability for players to travel to Trials of Atlantis (to eliminate artefacts, master levels and master abilities. !!!!!!!

Oh... My.... God.... :D :D :D !

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
I think wether we get a no TOA server or not will depend more on how successfull they turn out to be in the US than how we respond to this poll.

If as i suspect this becomes more than a minority comunity like PvP or coop then beari in mind in the US there are a lot of same language servers, if no TOA servers become popular and drain players from normal servers then they can just cluster more of the old servers. Here we have excal and pryd and thats it, any player drain to a TOA server will be felt, you have to ask is the English european comunity still big enough to support 2 servers?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
dont roll that many chars these days because of toa but don't' mind it once I got all the MLs etc done. some are fun, others are.. well awful.

good idea but I don't see it as progress. I'd rather they looked at TOA and actually changed it to focus more on fun and tactics than just a massive time sink.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Mythic need to seriously take a look at the whole idea, I'd say its totally flawed. What is the point of creating a seperate server type? If its to try and level the playing field between all players then I seriously doubt it will work.

I can only imagine the following:

• Mythic opens up a non-ToA and ranged buffs only server
  • Casual players level up to 50 for some easier and more balanced RvR
  • 1fg of experienced players (high RR on their home server) quickly level up to 50
  • The casual players get rolled over by the more experienced players, exactly the same on normal servers

This server could end up like Gaheris and Mordred eventually, with the casual players who this server was intended for being unable to compete against the high ranking players who don't need this server.

Buffs, buffbots and their range need fixing on live servers. Creating a new server type is pointless.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
They should fix the excisting problems instead of trying to roll back. I think that some aspects of toa are dreadfull, however I'm not letting behind 3*LGM craffters to start fresh on a new server!

IMO goa should take the innitiative and tell em to do some proper research on what customers want instead of creating a poll with idiotic choices! Send mythic's marketing team to college for heaven's sake!

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Mythic need to seriously take a look at the whole idea, I'd say its totally flawed. What is the point of creating a seperate server type? If its to try and level the playing field between all players then I seriously doubt it will work.

I can only imagine the following:

• Mythic opens up a non-ToA and ranged buffs only server
  • Casual players level up to 50 for some easier and more balanced RvR
  • 1fg of experienced players (high RR on their home server) quickly level up to 50
  • The casual players get rolled over by the more experienced players, exactly the same on normal servers

This server could end up like Gaheris and Mordred eventually, with the casual players who this server was intended for being unable to compete against the high ranking players who don't need this server.

Buffs, buffbots and their range need fixing on live servers. Creating a new server type is pointless.

emm... ofc your going to be able to win if your better at the game, same goes for everything in life /shrug, taking toa just removes so many countless hours of pve to simply compete, 8v8 in SI was brilliant fun, and lets be honest, it wont take even the most casual of players to get 50 and some sort of sc on a toa'less server.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
xtortionist said:
emm... ofc your going to be able to win if your better at the game, same goes for everything in life /shrug, taking toa just removes so many countless hours of pve to simply compete, 8v8 in SI was brilliant fun, and lets be honest, it wont take even the most casual of players to get 50 and some sort of sc on a toa'less server.

Hmm. Count of casual players in 8v8 groups ?

That'll be just about none, I reckon.

Darzil

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
iv played camlann since its release but when i played excal in SI casual players ran 8v8 yes

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
id like a server without ToA & NF just be able to port back Odins is a thrill,
also now when Visur port u on a click id say Emain Neckie 4tehwiin :worthy:

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with GReaper - creating a new type of server is not the answer when there is hardly the population to support.

Besides - I think ToA is actually a good expansion for what it offers - which is good PVE. The problem is the effect on PVP which is has - which forces people to go through MLs, get artis, grind the ML and arti xp out which is what people don't like.

I'd like to see ToA reworked - so all the MLs are run in instanced dungeons which limit the number of people in them to 8 (ie. 1fg). Sure - make them a pve challenge but personally I feel every pve event I've been on where more than 1fg attends just becomes mayhem, and not a lot of fun. Whereas I've usually (always) enjoyed 1fg events. Also, keep artifacts as they are (I don't think they are desperately overpowering really in the majority of cases, compared to the high-level drops which drop in ToA anyway), but again put them in instanced dungeons so that there is no camping required, you just get a group of friends together and go and get arti x, y or z.

Putting buffs on range would be great for the game as well - put everyone on a (more) level playing field regardless of what hardware they run or how big their wallet is.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
so casual players only zerg? -.-

Lets put it this way. I'm a casual player, and really enjoyed the one night of 8v8 I've been able to get a group for in the last couple of years. Not many decent 8v8 groups are after low RR casual players. They'd generally prefer to have 7 people.

Darzil

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
if opted groups roll on there, i hardly see how it would be any different from pre-toa anyway?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they do neither option.

Do we really want a new server like this pull people away from Prydwen? I mean... haven't you -already- done the ToA grind? Really feel like putting that to a waste?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Hell, why would I want to start over on a new server, ToA isn't a problem for me anymore...it's everyday business for me now.

Make Artifacts and MLs alot easier instead!!! and make scrolls drop more often....problem solved!!

I won't leave my wonderful guild and start over on a new server, no way! and if this new server comes along and steals of 50% of my guild I'll be really sad and probably stop playing.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed - new servers are a bad thing this late in the life of DAoC, if the number of people playing the game isn't dramatically increased first. Otherwise you're just killing off your established population by watering it down.

There WILL be a new servers, though. Mythic will milk this situation for all they're worth, no matter what we vote (Out of a purely business-perspective, adding a new server is smart - as it will sell more accounts in the short run. Regardless of whether it's a long-term move or a short-term one. PVP server was very popular at the start, and is dead now.)

We can just hope that GOA doesn't follow suit and will refrain from acquiring a licence for the new servertype. (Frankly, I don't think they will cough up the cash, not now that they bought Spanish and Italian licences from Mythic. I don't think they can financially justify it for the English servers, and they never bought the PvE server for the same reason (not viable))

English and German is another story altogether and Spanish/Italian is to early to say if those servers will be viable.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
It's regarding the same options as the yanks got, if we vote well, we might get a new server too? (i hope) So goto http://daoc.goa.com/ and click surveys in the left list and sign up for: A server type that eliminates the ability for players to travel to Trials of Atlantis (to eliminate artefacts, master levels and master abilities. !!!!!!!

Apologies if someone has already posted this but...

On the subject of the new server - why the F**K would we get a new server, when they are contemplating clustering!??! - its not rocket science that We're NOT getting another server. :twak: We can barely stretch 800 players on pryd nowadays. You do the maths. :flame:

Duh!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
We can just hope that GOA doesn't follow suit and will refrain from acquiring a licence for the new servertype. (Frankly, I don't think they will cough up the cash, not now that they bought Spanish and Italian licences from Mythic. I don't think they can financially justify it for the English servers, and they never bought the PvE server for the same reason (not viable))

English and German is another story altogether and Spanish/Italian is to early to say if those servers will be viable.

Even if GoA doesn't follow suit, it may very well draw even more people away from the English servers.

This means even less business for GoA and less RvR for Prydwen. Poor situation.

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
Currently there are 1011 on Excalibur(Normal) and 523 On Prydwen(Normal) and 447 on Camlann(PVP).

They should merge Prydwen(Normal) and Camlann(PVP) and keep it as a pvp server and allow people from Prydwen to move to Excalibur if they don't want a PVP server.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If they let me move all my characters, houses and gear to Excal, I don't think that would be a problem - but there wouldn't be anyone left to merge the PvP server with, I assure you.

If there's going to be a merge, it will be Excal and Pryd. I wouldn't be playing Pryd if I wanted purely PvP - just like everyone else there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom