Games New game controllers

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, they've finally officially jumped on Nintendo's bandwagon.

Nintendo, on the rails, forced to innovate. Makes Wii, and becomes hugely successful again.

Microsoft and Sony copy, copy, copy :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Interesting this, I was going to post it in the games consoles forums.

Hats off to Nintendo for setting the trend, even if I do think the Wii is a complete pile of fisher price crap as a single player / standalone console. Four of my closest mates have one and none of them play them anymore. When they stopped being such pikeys and the novelty of Wii Sports wore off after 2 days, they got 360s and now rave about them.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I use my 360 for streaming media and very little else. I'll break out Lego Star Wars when we have visitors and thats about it. Rarely even make it into the game proper as we just stand around in the starter bit beating the crap out of each other :D

I do 99% of my gaming on a PC.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
IT'S A FUCKING CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These console companies are all in league with the Devil, trying to formulate ways to make me, poor old grumpy unfit lazy git, get out of my chair to play games. I nearly got caught out by trying playing drums to Rockstar, but soon realised that was a con because although you sit down you still have to move a bit... oh yeah, I can tell you I saw through that one pretty darned quick!

I'm going to start a petition, write to my MP (oh hang on, I think he stepped down)...errr... err.... oh bugger.

*wanders off to find a beer*

:D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good article in El Reg about this and why these new controllers are doomed to fail. Looks pretty spot on to me.

old.user4556

I suppose Gaff, but:

Reg said:
And chances are you'll pick the console with the enormous user base guaranteed to have the right equipment: the Nintendo Wii.

In the same way that "regular" games like Pro Ev and Tiger Woods suck smeg ridden cocks on the Wii and belong on the "right equipment" i.e. PS3 / 360.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
These new controllers are just the beginning though. They have only been released to try and steal market share from Nintendo / make some extra cash off the back of the consoles they have already sold.

The next gen Playstation and Xbox, howevere, will most likely come with something like this as standard rather than as an add on so its definitely going to be something that will be more mainstream than being doomed to fail

old.user4556

I guess the sales figures of the Wii speak for themselves, but I find motion controllers faddy, overhyped pap.

Ono

Part of the furniture
The technology is impressive on both the prototypes but it is too late for this generation. Wii has got it sewn up to be honest as, let's face it, loads of parents aren't going to buy new XB360s and PS3s just because of these. The current userbase will of course.

Anyway, I should be getting my Wii MotionPlus thngs next week along with Grand Slam Tennis. :ninja:

BTW: anyone else think Peter Molybollocks talks crap most of the time. His Milo thing looks impressive on paper - but so did Black & White and I hated that with a passion.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
BTW: anyone else think Peter Molybollocks talks crap most of the time. His Milo thing looks impressive on paper - but so did Black & White and I hated that with a passion.

I cant help but think that Milo thing wasnt real. Just seems staged i cant place why, watch it a few times and you will see what i mean.

Peter Molyneux talks so much shit and its seems the people of wiki agree

Peter Molyneux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Molyneux has nevertheless acquired a reputation for issuing over-enthusiastic descriptions of games under development, which are found to be somewhat less ambitious when released. The most well-known case of this was with the game Fable, released in 2004 without many of the features talked about by Molyneux in press interviews during development. After the release, Molyneux publicly apologized for overhyping the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom