New Frontiers

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just got my PCZone today and on the DVD i noticed that NF is on it.

Hope that means we getting a patch date soon \o/

Guess for all those not wanting to dl megs and megs of files its handy to know as well :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
pfft thats over a month later than matt thingy from mythic announced at leipzig

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Its probably the US version, im sure they have put the updates on Magazine cover disks before (Foundations i think) and it was the US version, which is no good to us.

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Firebirth said:
Its probably the US version, im sure they have put the updates on Magazine cover disks before (Foundations i think) and it was the US version, which is no good to us.

I downloaded housing from US and installed when patchday came to us.
No problems.

As you should see from another thread, you can download New Frontiers
for Euro ToA off the GOA pages anyway.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
its the uk euro version .. i wouldnt post here if it was US

issue 148 december issue of pczone

punchy

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
its the uk euro version .. i wouldnt post here if it was US

issue 148 december issue of pczone

Its October ffs :<

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
says december on top of the magazine heehee don't blame me for them being screwy

Xurio

Fledgling Freddie
just got it of the dvd ..
is it the same as the one on Goa webbie?
its 270mb but not sure :/

Calgacus

Fledgling Freddie
Goa website file is 270Mb and called 'frontiers_toa' is that helps. Sounds like it is the right version. PCzone etc are all UK mags so it must be ok :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if I dreamed it or misunderstood it completly but wasnt the ones using Daoc classic-clients gonna get some special patch so they can run NF? Reason for wondering is cause the laptop I run my second account cant handle SI or ToA-client. :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There will be a special 'Super classic' client available to download for free from www.camelot-europe.com soon.
As you say, NF will not run on the basic classic client so this new client will give you the SI graphics engine without the additional SI content. The system requirements for the super classic client are the same as for the SI client however.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
There will be a special 'Super classic' client available to download for free from www.camelot-europe.com soon.
As you say, NF will not run on the basic classic client so this new client will give you the SI graphics engine without the additional SI content. The system requirements for the super classic client are the same as for the SI client however.

Mmm so when 1.70's released there will be
ToA
SI
SuperClassic

versions - ouch, alot of translations there.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Mmm so when 1.70's released there will be
ToA
SI
SuperClassic

versions - ouch, alot of translations there.

No more than they currently translate atleast :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Ah thats interesting - nice to get an official reply, will the areas in classic get upgraded graphics as well as the frontiers? Cause if they aint the poor laptop might be able to hang on when I enter NF instead of refusing to start as the case is with SI and ToA-clients.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
everything will run with the si engine including classic areas

the gfx wereupdated in si in classic as well as SI areas

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
If you order ToA from Swallow games, they say they're getting the Gold Expansion pack which will include a new frontier expansion on the 29/10/04

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom