New Frontiers

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
lo folks

just wondering with all that NF that is comin up if it wont be game over for HIB realm in general :confused:

dont think we r a challenge for the other realms even with zerg etc and those keepfights will certainly increase the lag even and we all know even the server cant handle proper relic raid or zerg atm :(

discuss

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont think it will be game over for hib/excal, hibs on excal are imo known for being extra good ;) we shouldnt just give up, i pretty optimistic, i think rvr will stay the same as it is now though, theres too many gank guild on this server

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
we wont suck at start, prob is if people are gonna keep up with it :)

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Afther reading on VN board it seem like NF is all about zerge, so if we can fight the alb zerge we gone be ok.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
well hibs wont have the 3 relics to start with, which will be impossible to get back with current NF relic system.. as alb population is to big.. I dont see any problem except relic issues with NF.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Hamro said:
i dont think it will be game over for hib/excal, hibs on excal are imo known for being extra good ;) we shouldnt just give up, i pretty optimistic, i think rvr will stay the same as it is now though, theres too many gank guild on this server

Think this is the main problem with NF tbh, Hib and Mid typically have more dedicated gank-groups than Alb, but when NF comes along the GG has a harder time, with the realmwar map, instaporting and "zerg4tehwin" ideals promoted, many decide to up and move to PvP server, leaving Hibs and Mids underporulated compared to Albs.

It may not happen in EU, cycles tend to run shorted on EU than US due to the pach delays (We see long before something comes if it's gonna be short lived) so if a future patch reduces the power of population to an extent, the GG may stick around to weather the storm, waiting for the "new dawn" of gank :p

If not... well, they'd better upgrade Camlann to handle the influx!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
hib/exc will alway weather the storm.. we just too fucking good

mana ments for keeps.. void elds as well.. roll em now..

direct line nukers for rvr.. return of light and void spec etc..

we sorted. gotta learn to zerg more often though.. ESSENTIAL

get cg/bg up.. easy :) together we are stronger

gl mids btw.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha.. u sooooo screwed

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs is the worst of all realms atm with doing controlled zerging, none listen to anyone and we just run around randomly until other realms zergs pick out all the hib fgs running clueless around.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty good fact that Aloca made there about us Unzerging Hibbies.
When we do get a Zerg up we seem to have to many Chiefs and not enough Indians.Some people think that Keeptaking,Defending or helping other groups is below them.
Mids and Albs seem to have /assist down to a tee when Keep takes come into play Especially Middies dont know how often I had around 5 Arrows put in me after I thrown 1 Shot.
If Hibbies can just start working more together,Info and assisting each more I think Even tho we know the Albs will bring BIG numbers with them we can certainly contain them.With New Siege weapons that are coming as well the /assist will become much more useful.
That my twopenneth Worth.
Soulja
Photon
Ensnare
Soulbow
Soulsbot

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
We're going to get a big shock at the start :eek7:

Shield tanks are a must, even if that's only 10 shield for Guard II on your BM / Champ. This is to save support and casters from 2-5 assisting scouts, the biggest rp earning class in NF. I think rangers come in second - woohoo! /dance /dance /dance

Guarded light elds will be a big asset against enemy archers / casters with their nearsight and aoe dex/qui debuff - we have to shut down scouts and sorcs or we'll feel the pain of being a duck shoot :D

NF is putting Realm vs Realm combat back into the frontiers. The current optimal setup mentality of RvR now that only supports a small elite part of Hibernia won't cut it in NF, and certainly in big siege battles you don't need that ultimate template. It's pure overkill (saying that - I like overkill! :flame: ). There's blue and green con players in the US taking part in siege, wearing any old gear (literally :p) that do fine - yeah they die a lot, but who cares with rezzers in fonts of power? They're back up, and off they go like the little happy bunnies they are. That doesn't mean Hibernia can get away with zerg 24/7 because we can't. We're underpopulated but skillful, with some great leaders and guilds, and our strength seems to be in using multiple small and hard hitting gank squads supporting a modest siege force, using a lot more classes & specs than we are now!

legar

Loyal Freddie
Well do fine, and if not, we can just farm of the non-stop zerg of warders who keep on porting into our lands :clap:

Xray

Fledgling Freddie
I think the thing we have to worry about most is how often the server will crash. GoA have crap bandwidth compared to Mythic. If they dont increase this significantly then the server will crash every night.

Anyone remember the last time we tried to RR the Mids? Or when the Albs tried to RR us? If those kind of zergs become the norm the servers won't be able to cope.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Recent RRs causing the server to crash are mostly due to the current setup of the servers, mainly the frontier for a realm being on the same box/cluster/BBC micro as the inner realm. In NF, the frontiers are on their own box, with inner realms remaining on the boxes they are right now.

Chances are, since Alb realm and Hib realm cope well enough with non-RR numbers, I've a feeling the new setup will be OK, if a tad laggy - lag mainly due to the new keeps more than numbers!

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
I give it two weeks (three tops) before the Hib frontier is renamed "New Albion" and the only Hibs to be found are in ToA or crafting in Meath.......... please prove me wrong peeps :twak:

Only way I see NF working on Excal is if Hibs and Mids cross realm but I doubt that would ever happen..... but who knows ;)

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
gravedigger said:
lo folks

just wondering with all that NF that is comin up if it wont be game over for HIB realm in general :confused:

dont think we r a challenge for the other realms even with zerg etc and those keepfights will certainly increase the lag even and we all know even the server cant handle proper relic raid or zerg atm :(

discuss

lol you high lvl stinking rich cous of me, when will you understand that its gonna be as bad for albs/mids as for us eh? and anyway, from what I found out it was such a huge success in the US that at one point they had to refuse accounts trying to logon the test server ... well if you really think its bad now then it just can get better now doesn't it ....

P.S. wont change a thing imo, albs will still need a zerg to wipe a fg hibs and we wont loose crauchon so fast all the time anymore :D

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Popov said:
I give it two weeks (three tops) before the Hib frontier is renamed "New Albion" and the only Hibs to be found are in ToA or crafting in Meath.......... please prove me wrong peeps :twak:

Only way I see NF working on Excal is if Hibs and Mids cross realm but I doubt that would ever happen..... but who knows ;)

Cross realming with Mid will probably happen for the first few weeks, it's the only real chance Hib will have.
You can spout everything you want about Hib "skills" (which is a highly dubious argument in the first place), but in NF "skill" is a non factor. NF is all a numbers and range game, and Albion wins hands down in both departments.
There is just no way we can compete with the population imbalance as it stands now. You can't say we'll succeed against those numbers in NF because we succeed against them in OF, it's a totally new game, very dumbed-down and far more accessible to people who wouldn't rvr in OF. While I don't think this is a bad thing in principle, the ramifications of it are that numbers rule the game, and Hib is severely lacking in that department.
I think I'll be one more fotm quitter again when NF comes out.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Popov said:
I give it two weeks (three tops) before the Hib frontier is renamed "New Albion"

We`l just have to go Odins(as usuall) then when the massive alb zerg arrives in emain.

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
WE still have shrooommmmsss :p

nah NF will be fine we been zerged before it and we fought our way back so i don't see problems atm with the added "Radar" kids will be extra happy -_-.

but like aloca said we need to help assist each other and not nessaryly zerg :p

And besides u always have a ranger like me here pickin those scouts off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom