New Frontiers - what will happen?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I just casually checked out the free RA-gifts that each realm gets and it would seem many of the ones Albion classes gets are really, really potent in RvR.

Is that the reason why Albion seemed to rule all servers when NF went live in the US? If so, will it stay that way or get "fixed" in 1.71?

Well hopefully NF will be something good - at least its an expansion that dosnt force you to play alot more, farm things(ToA anyone?) yet it would seem it improves on the RvR-scene alot but thats something that remains to be seen I guess.

Can't wait tho - Im guessing middle-late october for its release but I would love to be suprised...in a good way. :D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Free RAs, as a generalisation, are goat wank. But New Frontiers is fun. Just have to wait and see.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Yup, Snapshot is going to be uber over powered :rolleyes:

Yeah, personally i'm crapping myself at the sheer power of this ability. Just think, You could... shoot people... while.... running...

It boggles the mind really.

It's a shame though, Mythic were on to somthing with the 'all realms get all RA's' thing and then they had to go and give out RR5 abilities. Oh well, atleast a self-res is sort of cool... better than some abilities atleast (not snapshot though ;))

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The Sorc one is the one most people have a problem with - immunity to 90% of all damage and still able to cast/lifetap etc.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Of course the Reaver RA will make it to the Euro servers, but keep in mind it was nerfed while still on Pendragon.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
albion dominates on usa bcoz
1) numbers!
2) sorc and scout - best caster and best LR attacker.

dunno what will happen here. sure ppl will begin hunt for power relics instead of str ones - as caster damage > archer damage even with longer range of archers. also complaints about albion zergs will increase - just bcoz @ 2.00 cet when 1-2 mid / hib grps are around in emain i see 4-6 fg alb zerg. where this mob will go in NF? to keeps ofc, instead of mindlessly roamng around....

and, just fyi, max range of scout's attacks in NF is 2920 units.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Its weird how ALbion can be said to dominate because of those two classes, considering how many people in Albion don't play em.

Just shows how broke this game is really. Most of the Albion RR5 abilities are darn sucky (oooh Paladins get their health chant to be three times as effective at RR5 for a short duration and it doesn't effect them, oooh, thats awesome :mad: ) that I've seen, but as long as Mythic continue to try to balance the game with server populations as the basis rather than the actual abilities of each realm, this crap will keep happening.

TBh what really needs fixing is the imbalance of Casters Vs Tanks. Tanks need love too.

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just downloaded the "come back to camelot" from darkageofcamelot.com wich is with NF as a test and I haven´t really found it to be that different. If you do a quick overlook of the servers on US you´ll see that RPS wise Alb isn´t in 1st place on all of em, but that it´s pretty much evenly spread throughout the servers who leads by rps.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Things have always turned out slightly different over here than on the US servers.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Retribution of the Faithful looks quite nice also :) although the mincers RR5 ability sux the big one :(

Good that mincers still keep SoS/IP

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The Cleric free RR5 procced once(!) in 3 months for a Cleric that did tests on VNBoard, yes we are going to be so overpowered with that RA.
Sure Sorcs RA is overpowered but don't say we (as entire Albion) get overpowered RA's as that's obviously not true.
Numbers > all in NF as far as I have read meaning on Prydwen I think Alb and Mids are fairly close to eachother so I see now problem there only for Hibernia...

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
I dont think that Reaver RA will make it to the euro servers

A tenner says we get same version as US (unless they coding a special Euro one) ;)

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think itll ever go back to gank squads tbh. if i remember correctly from a brief stay on the US servers with my utterly gimped, non-sc'd, non-toad'd infil, the more keeps you have the more bonuses you get. Not just dmg bonus but also bonus to rps earned, exp etc etc... If having the most keeps means getting more rps, imagine what the gank squads will be doing before going to gank for rps...

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Heh. Maybe that's why the sorcerer was #1 for a while on some servers; they were all keep taking whores. I know I am. Some times.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
if i remember correctly from a brief stay on the US servers with my utterly gimped, non-sc'd, non-toad'd infil, the more keeps you have the more bonuses you get. Not just dmg bonus but also bonus to rps earned, exp etc etc...
You mean exactly like it is here now then? :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sorc one is only 90% immunity to melee... not quite as bad as 90% immunity to everything, still sick when combined with MoC3 though ...

basically you need a nuker to kill a sorc....
that and the ml9 convoker ability on a nasty pet = evil!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
stick all the glitter and fancy stuff on anything u want.. hib/excal will always take and defend power relics at will. we are ready for NF.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
another thing might bee no one had developed a good strategy against the new RA´s and Sorcs one is not that hard to figure out when to use :m00:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
sorc one is only 90% immunity to melee... not quite as bad as 90% immunity to everything, still sick when combined with MoC3 though ...

basically you need a nuker to kill a sorc....
that and the ml9 convoker ability on a nasty pet = evil!
Nukers are 2 a penny in NF tho. ;)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
check my signature

and yes,2950 range is sick..givf longbow :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom