New Frontiers: Supply Lines

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Trying to get supply lines straight in my head at the moment, and Mythic's lack of ability to write clear English isn't doing me any favours. To quote them:
In order for a keep to be in a supply line, you must be able to trace a line back to both your two border keeps. Taking one keep in a chain will break the supply for keeps deeper in the chain.

Keeps are paired up with their sister keep for supply purposes. For example, taking Renaris in Albion would prevent Albion from teleporting to all keeps further down the chain. (they could still teleport to Hurbury, however)

In order to trace supply to an enemy realm, both coastal island keeps must be owned. (as well as all the other keeps in the chain)
So... that all sounds quite nice and simple. There is a problem however, and I've drawn a few little diagrams to illustrate my point.

supply_lines_1.gif
supply_lines_2.gif

supply_lines_3.gif
supply_lines_4.gif

#1 Shows all supply lines intact, no issues there.
#2 Shows mythic's demonstration - again, no issues as no keeps have access to castle sauvage. No teleportation allowed anywhere other than Hurbury.
#3 Shows the first of two possibilities when Boldiam is taken. My question is whether this is true (can port to anywhere because all keeps have access to both border keeps via Sursbrooke)...
#4 ...or whether this is in fact the case - players can only teleport to Hurbury, Renaris, or Sursbrooke, because keeps further up do not have access to Renaris.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
havent read much about these things but can u tele to like odins and bled if u control that keep and all keeps in your own frontier ? and will the porting be like in to (no zoning with load screen etc) so u dont loose ur buffs ? :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Taking one keep in a chain will break the supply for keeps deeper in the chain.

so when boldiam is taken, you can't be teleported further (which makes pic nr4 the correct one).

Ofc im not english, and can have it wrong... but this seems to be the case.

Bellona

Banned
Tualatin said:
so when boldiam is taken, you can't be teleported further (which makes pic nr4 the correct one).

Ofc im not english, and can have it wrong... but this seems to be the case.

I get the same picture :)

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm I would say that you confused things by adding the horizontal lines.

If you can't port from border port to border port then its actually just a large arc. Removal of a point from that arc stops you proceeding further along one path.

So

Snowdonia <-> Hurbury <-> Sursbrooke <-> Erasliegh <-> Benowyc <-> Berkstead <-> Boldiam <-> Renaris <-> Sauvage

Linking the border ports would negate the need for two border ports (altho you could link them inside your own realm with Djinns rather than horses)

In the example above taking Benowyc would mean that the furthest anyone could reach from Hurbury is Erasliegh, and from Sauvage would be Berkstead, but that you couldn't port straight from Hurbury/Sursbrooke/Erasliegh to Berkstead/Boldiam/Renaris without first swapping to the opposite border port.

If you interlink the forts then situations would arise where say an enemy takes Benowyc, majority of Albs are at Berkstead, stealther sees enemies leaving Benowyc and heading towards Erasliegh, so all Albs port to Erasliegh.

The way I hope it works is that you have to port back to the border port, enter your own realm, travel to other border port, port to new keep OR travel on foot across open terrain to defend.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
The horizontal lines are needed to show that you need both the previous keeps in the chain to port to anything further up, without them you don't get the complete picture.

Plus you can't port back to the border keep, and the two chains are linked. It's not a simple linear relationship.

To better explain what I've done above, you have to trace lines back from a destination keep to BOTH border keeps in order to teleport to that keep (from either border). The lines don't represent routes you can take from the borders ******ds.

^ wtf, censorship of the word o u t w a r d s ???

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
I tried really hard to understand your diagrams but couldn't :(

Can you use a blackboard and matchstick men next time, or make it like a football pitch or something?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
Trying to get supply lines straight in my head at the moment, and Mythic's lack of ability to write clear English isn't doing me any favours. To quote them:
So... that all sounds quite nice and simple. There is a problem however, and I've drawn a few little diagrams to illustrate my point.

#1 Shows all supply lines intact, no issues there.
#2 Shows mythic's demonstration - again, no issues as no keeps have access to castle sauvage. No teleportation allowed anywhere other than Hurbury.
#3 Shows the first of two possibilities when Boldiam is taken. My question is whether this is true (can port to anywhere because all keeps have access to both border keeps via Sursbrooke)...
#4 ...or whether this is in fact the case - players can only teleport to Hurbury, Renaris, or Sursbrooke, because keeps further up do not have access to Renaris.

Afair all are wrong from what I interpret it is
xxx
a-a
b-b
c-c

When one of the b's is taken out you can't port to a or xxx only crom c to the other c or to the still claimed b

with one of the a's taken out you can only port to the other c or the 2 b's
etc or the other a

so taking out a cuts access to both a's and xxx
taking out b cuts access to both b's both a's and xxx

as far as I can see anyway.
(edit) i confused myself yes your example 4 is right.....

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Keeps are paired up with their sister keep for supply purposes.
Your horizontal lines should be between the pairs of keeps (Hurbury - Renaris, Sursbrooke - Boldiam, Erasleigh - Berksted), rather than between the paths between them, to show the pairing described.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
i saw some models made by mythic (cant find but will post if i find em) that u can link the keeps betwen each other as u want (think the guilds there claim the keep can decide how they will link there keep to the other).
think 1 of them was a they linked in a serial, mean if u took 1 the link will be broken. cant remember the other models.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
It doesn't make any difference, the pathing is the same...
In fact this version doesn't give you as much information.
(It makes it look as if the link between Renaris and Hurbury allows you to port to Benowyc etc)

supply_lines_5.gif

Tilda

I interpret it in that you need both keeps on a "level" to port to any of the next ones up.
ie, hurb and ren are level 1, surs and bold 2, etc.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
I've put the labels on all three realms' versions now and uploaded them at the resolution I made them. Any XML-specced wizards out there fancy making a keep link map when the time comes? :p

Albion
Hibernia
Midgard

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you should email a copy to mythic while you're at it ;)

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
i think what they mean is trace a line from one border keep to another without doubling back (if renaris aint there you can still trace from border keep to border keep but double back on yourself).

french. pfft

edit .. having actually read the entire post id just ignore what i wrote here and look at the bottom of page 1 where cjkace makes much more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom