New Frontiers - Fun, cool and interesting things

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt this thread will be free from whine but c'mon all - lets try to leave it out of here mkay? :fluffle:

Made a bonedancer over there and tried Juggernaut 2 on a fully buffed hunter. When the commander only was buffed by the BD-buffs and not in Juggernaut mode it hit for around 100 in damage - when I used Juggernaut he hit for 500+ and style for 600+.

Guess the use of this RA is limited still in keepfights and so on but it sure is fun as hell to watch. :D

Killed a orangecon troll in Passage of Conflict entrance and got 70+ million XP...dont ever think Ive gottan that much for a solo kill but a while after that I managed a solo kill and got 80+ million so its gonna be fun to "level" in the BG's since the XP and fun beats PvE easy. :D

Cant wait really until it goes live. :clap:

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
juggernaut 3 is even better can 2 hit kill casters easy with it on my cabalist, 1hit kill if pet gets a crit hit, will change a bit tho with buffbots etc on live servers. had a sb try to jump me used it and killed him easy, got 250 mill exp + a further 50 mill xp bonus :drink: so far best fun on there i have had is having fights in the mazes, good for tanks in them too

Tilda

maze fights = awesome fun.
There are some bits that you can cast over(both ways) but cant acctually jump over, so have to run around. Its all good fun :D

Tilda

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tilda said:
maze fights = awesome fun.
There are some bits that you can cast over(both ways) but cant acctually jump over, so have to run around. Its all good fun :D

Tilda

Aye, those mazes are a shitload of fun :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, I was in a group of 3 once, and we returned from retaking the tower in the alb maze (There's only one maze, is there? I haven't looked actually, but it was in the alb maze that time). Then, suddenly we got debuffed (or mezzed, or something that drew our attention anyway), so we turned around, and there was this mid standing there. Someone else mezzed him, he purged and ran. So I ran back into the maze but I didn't see where he went, but I still had him targetted so I did face, and my camera moved from left to right.

Meanwhile my groupmates already ran to the tower where he spotted us and then chased him, but I jumped over a wall and jumped right in front of him! So I threw a mezz, moved back and debuffed him and then we killed him.

But the *jump over a broken wall* thing was just.. awesome :-o.

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Tried Skald, Sorc (those 2 are great in maze fights :> ) and scout so far. Scout with True Shot 3 ability seems really overpowered, can shoot for 3500+ range every 30sec, that makes him nightmare for enemy casters in keep or tower siege.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Most fun i had was when i played my merc and killed 3/4 stealthers that jumped me, unbuffed AE DT is really.. overpowered :p

Maze's seems fun havent checked em so much yet tho :(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I'll confess to being impressed by the new keeps, specially when upgraded!

Somehow my FPS has improved in NF, even at an upgraded keep with a huge zerg outside! That was my main concern about NF, my PC not being able to cope with it but Mythic have surprised me :p

There're alot of interesting changes and I can't wait to see how they will work on live servers. Alot of it is fun on Gorre, but it'll probably be an annoyance later!

Funniest thing I've seen during a tower retake. 1fg albs went up to camp the roof when hibs entered and retook the tower. The albs were killing everyone who climed up to the roof, untill a chanter-pet in juggernaut mode went up and singlehandedly killed them all :D

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
best thing i had so far me and 3 other albs where jumped by a fg mids and 2 bd's :D the 2 pds put pets on our theurg so i instant pet mezzed them but soon after we lost and i pulled out using sos and sprint then stealthed

i walked in stealth towards the geborched wounder pet spot in new emain in the mean while the pets of the 2 bd's where lose and coming after me and i saw em coming so i positioned myself between the geborched and the 2 pets :D so the pets walked through the geborched spot pulling over 50 mobs on the 2 silly bd's :D

so the 2 bd's thought they would get a easy kill got 50 mobs instead :D was to damn funny fell of my chair laughing :p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
BEst fun i've had so far has defo been myself ( chanter) and my brother ( Champ) camping where the boat drops peeps off near DC. most we've taken is about 4 albs , with just the 2 of us. My fave is when the boat drops of stealthers, and they are already stealthed, Pbaoe and you uncover them all.
then when they start bashing me , my bro comes up , anhilates them and i continue my pbaoe =).

Been enjoying my Reaver too, i've had a few good fights, best has to of been a nice fight with what looked like 2 sbs, but was infact 1 sb and 1 female norse Zerker. utos is just evil.

but what i have enjoyed most is the keep fights, seige wepons are really kwel , and the new animation for the ice balls is fantastic =)

edit : Can any1 post up some nice screenies ? i'm bored and stuck in work till 6:30 tonight :(

Bloodclot

Banned
anyone was at DC battle yesterday?

took on for hours. iceballs and fireballs flying constantly trough the air. my hunter + a sb m8 stood their like "uuuuuuhhhhhh *drools over keyboard* next thing i know i got killed by a few caster albs, how? cause i forgot the stealth :/ since i was enjoying the view so much.

came back and farmed loads of aaarpeees there and was most fun

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
You can actually climb on top of some certain wall pieces in those mazes and nuke straight inside the tower :p

Elec

Fledgling Freddie
One thing about NF that really excites me, is the speed and intensity of the game.. No more waiting for that god forsaken gothi to walk down those stairs.

One sad thing however is that many chars will become almost useless, other then trebutchet and catapult users :(

Oh well, will have to try it some more..
definately going to roll a frosty rc-runie when it hits excal.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
People with artifacts and people doing MLs, that's gotta take the price. :eek7:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I can see people who dont have time with ml's and alot of artifacts will still be able to compete, just aslong as they take some time to get a decent sc armor. But will see what happens when the this is released.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Elec said:
One sad thing however is that many chars will become almost useless, other then trebutchet and catapult users :(

Oh well, will have to try it some more..
definately going to roll a frosty rc-runie when it hits excal.
Well you can look at it this way, try to take a lvl10 keep without siege engines. All I can say is good luck if there are some defenders. Or if you got a relic size zerg then you can do it. NF has taken a turn that will need us to utilize siege engines. Sure a lvl1 tower without defenders can be soloed by most buffed players.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Well you can look at it this way, try to take a lvl10 keep without siege engines. All I can say is good luck if there are some defenders. Or if you got a relic size zerg then you can do it. NF has taken a turn that will need us to utilize siege engines. Sure a lvl1 tower without defenders can be soloed by most buffed players.

yeah i was trying to do this with my Reaver on goore. Got the door down was happyly pwnzing teh Lord, but then 2 sbs decided that i'd had enough fun :(

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:
anyone was at DC battle yesterday?

took on for hours. iceballs and fireballs flying constantly trough the air. my hunter + a sb m8 stood their like "uuuuuuhhhhhh *drools over keyboard* next thing i know i got killed by a few caster albs, how? cause i forgot the stealth :/ since i was enjoying the view so much.

came back and farmed loads of aaarpeees there and was most fun

i think the fight at dc has been goin on near non stop for 3 days :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive enjoyed the cash from killing people, since I started playing beta Ive made over 1 plat :D

When Albs had the relics twas funny seeing my melee scout pwning just about everything, smacked a SB once for 300+ & crit hit of 100 ^^ with Sting, wish I could do that on my Excal scout :'(

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Think anyone will get juggernaut3 on the real servers when NF is released there?
As it cost loads of points but its so scary to have such a pet on you which hits you for like 600 - 1000 dmg per hit, saw a buffed cabalist pet in juggernaut 3 mode kill loads of people as it was unCC'able (free rr5 cabby spell) so you can't do much than nuke it for 50 dmg per nuke.
Think when people will start to go fg fights again if that will ever happen you can solo 1 fg with that pet (mach5 un CC'able and cannot nuke it for much).

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft:

Ah nice one...actually never thought that much about that you get money too. :)

Andrilyn:

Well its really nice to have if you get jumped but I doubt
I gonna get it higher than 2 at the most on my BD since I want that Thornfield-thing as well..actually I want alot of the RA´s on the BD...going high on Negative Maelstorm seems really cool as well. :D

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
Somehow my FPS has improved in NF, even at an upgraded keep with a huge zerg outside! That was my main concern about NF, my PC not being able to cope with it but Mythic have surprised me :p

In the old frontier, every keep was a big model incorporated into the 'landscape' and one big texture displayed on it. Every time you entered a zone with keeps, a skin would be cached to memory for every keep in that zone, and their guards, and what not. So you ended up with having up to 4 copies of the same gigantic skin cached in your memory. Then there's also DAoC"s 'normal' memory issues that it wouldn't remove those cached textures when you leave the zone, so, if you'd cruise thru the whole frontiers, you'd end up with all the keeps's textures stored in your ram/virual memory.

(Please correct me where I'm wrong here)

NF, however, is a different tale.
There are 20 keep 'components'. The gate, a short wall, a long wall, a 45 degrees rotated wall, a tower, etc. Effectively there are 19 components because 1 is reserved for future use. When you enter the NF region, these components with their skins are only loaded once. Their textures are more detailed but nevertheless smaller in space than the big keep overlay from the Old Frontiers.

When you enter a zone, the server tells your client where the different keeps are, and for each 'keep' where the locations of the components are, what the health of the components are (there are 4 health skins; perfect, slightly damaged, really damaged, almost broken), if the wall is damaged or not (a hole in the wall, or not) and what mode the component is in (level 1 till 10, 4 modes iirc). So, all the client does is sample the already loaded 'component objects' to build the keep! It's like Lego!

If GoA/Mythic wanted, they could just build a completely new keep using these components :). With no performance decrease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom