New FG RvR Group

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I'm going to try get a set group running, mainly becuase I'm bored of the way I've been playing the game so far, I feel this would offer me a new challenge. Days / Times I've not thought about, but this can be sorted I guess later, just want to get general idea on those interested.

Main points are that 2 of the classes in the group will be a reaver and minstrel, and other classes I'm not too sure on - Assist train I'd like to see would be reaver as MA (me), and armsman/merc will assist me. Minstrel will branch out and supply interupts, whilst reaver also provides both slam/levi/debuffs to the assist train, aswell as TWF i.e infront 250 units with TWF on MoC'ing casters - and backup minstrel with interupts.

Only thing I ask now is show interest and post your class/spec/rr etc so I can get an idea of what groups could be made.

Thanks,

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
give me a shout, i can play either

Sorc 40 body 36 mind rr2l6 ml9
Cleric 40 enchace 36 rejuv rr4l0 ml9
Pally 42 shield 46 chants 29 slash 32 2h rr3 ml3
Merc 50 DW 39 Thrust 29 Parry rr2l5

give me a pm her with times and dates and ill see if i can be there

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
if i still had my mincer i would come an play with you m8 :)

Martok

Part of the furniture
if you are going reaver + mini setup you would like a setup that i used to run with a few guys here that was kown as the evita group!

we ran

Minstrel - INterupts + assist
Sorc - mezz nuke
Merc - MA
Reaver - Assist + interupt ant BGed caster
Enhance Cleric - Buff Shearing/healing
Rejuve cleic - Healing
Paladin - BG/End bot
Firewiz - Damn Graendels nukes hurt! (but personaly stick a thurg or a cabby there)

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
if you are going reaver + mini setup you would like a setup that i used to run with a few guys here that was kown as the evita group!

we ran

Minstrel - INterupts + assist
Sorc - mezz nuke
Merc - MA
Reaver - Assist + interupt ant BGed caster
Enhance Cleric - Buff Shearing/healing
Rejuve cleic - Healing
Paladin - BG/End bot
Firewiz - Damn Graendels nukes hurt! (but personaly stick a thurg or a cabby there)

Aye was an awesome set up but i think the base of the grp was all being rr5+ to start. think hes trying to set up a grp of ppl that will just run rvr as a set grp not worring about RR

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:

as of 1.83 wizards get nearsight in the earth line meaning most wizards will get at least the lowest nearsight... hopefully this will increase their groupability :cheers:

Martok

Part of the furniture
Legean said:
as of 1.83 wizards get nearsight in the earth line meaning most wizards will get at least the lowest nearsight... hopefully this will increase their groupability :cheers:

Oh dont remind me i made a cabby since my merc got no more rvr groups and well their main advantage is Nearsight and Debuff, without them 2 it would be like a firewizzy mixxed witrh a sorc

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
reaver is a shit ma, with all your interrupts you should be changing target several times for a quick dot/lt then carrying on assisting

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Have to agree with Stoner 100% here...

Reavers are not MAs. We have a lot of toys and interrupting/rapid target switching is more to our strengths than sticking on one target.

Our styles, though godly in some situations, just aren't designed for being a MA...

Martok's right, that setup was pretty solid for us as a reaver grp when we ran, had a lot of fun and got a good number of rps...

Damn I miss that grp sometimes, it felt like home!!! Now-a-days however...

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be interested with Cabalist or Armsman - the Armsman could easily be MA although he is only 4L1 at the moment he's still fairly useful.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
I'd be interested with Cabalist or Armsman - the Armsman could easily be MA although he is only 4L1 at the moment he's still fairly useful.

Dnt think rr will have anything to do with this grp tbh.
So whos wants to get a grp formed? wanna get back into rvr and having a set grp will be cool

Martok

Part of the furniture
well if you ever need a merc or a cabby, just give me a call since i dont play as much as i used to pointless me being in a set group but use me as a stand in anytime if you need! dan knows were to spam my mobiel :fluffle:

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
well if you ever need a merc or a cabby, just give me a call since i dont play as much as i used to pointless me being in a set group but use me as a stand in anytime if you need! dan knows were to spam my mobiel :fluffle:

Aye Aye First Corperal martok!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies not replying for so long - Whats been said about reavers and MA is something which I can partly agree with, so maybe swap that role around and give to someone else - However, I still think having mincer and reaver playing as interuptors in the group would still be decent. If the reaver doesnt work, I'll use my caby instead - but want to try focus on using reaver - not becuase of rps but its the class I enjoy playing and I think it has a space in alb groups still, despite alot of indirect nerfs.

Martok

Part of the furniture
me and wisty ran in the setup i posted above for a good 6 months and it worked wonders! with a good minstrel with str cap and good dex in temp they can be good on assist (battler mincer spec) + interupts.

Reaver = Assist/stun munkie untill a caster/target gets BGed then he turns into killing Bger while interupting the Bged player ace combo tbh!

Merc will always be MA imo its what the class was designed for.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Although OP, I think reavers are getting a boost - hopefully something like an AOE spell spd decrease / debuff - minor but not as effective as say ML2 / ML9 BL. I think for inspirational purposes, have a ganders at a US reaver called Tirral, he released a vid a while ago and plays his role very well. I think the merc should be MA also, need a good one though! The armsman will be ace for the train, especially where reaver is concerened and the new abilities armsmen get for CC issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom