New Expansion

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
During the Round Table of the 30th of April that was led in Chantilly, Virginia, Jeff Hickman, new executive producer of Dark Age of Camelot presented the concepts of the 4th commercial expansion of Dark Age of Camelot which main lines are being finalised. The information we give you is thus not the final elements of this expansion which will be presented with more detaile at the E3 video game gathering of Los Angeles in May.

Like the previous ones the new expansion brings new PvE contents dedicated this time for players of quite high levels (30 to 50). Indeed, the realms will call for their best inhabitants to deal with a rebellion which aim is to overthrow the sovereigns. No one knows who leads the plot and adventurers will thus have to unmask the enemy, find his territory and invade him to put an end to the threat. The invasion of this territory will not be simple and many epic battles will certainly come.

Characters will have the opportunity to accomplish heroic quests commanded by the highest authorities of the realm and will be able to gain the title of Champion of the realm. The status of Champion can be claimed by level 50 characters and will be obtained in PvE as well as in RvR as well as a new content specially meant for that. Champions will of course receive some benefits like access to the royal armory and will be able to personalise their mounts or use unique mounts.
Indeed, the expansion will give the possibility for characters to own personal mounts, which was eagerly awaited. There will be different types of mounts, the basic ones being accessible whichever version of the game the player possess.
A few high level epic zones will also appear and will also be the place for group quests. They will of course ask you to venture in the adventure wings for some parts of these quests - giving to each one the occasion to become the hero of the adventure.

These first revelations are far from being exhaustive. Mythic has made clear that these are the main lines of the expansion but nothing has been made final. The coming months will enable to refine the different concepts. Of course, we will keep you informed of the progress of this new expansion as it goes along.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Personally, I don't see how DaoC could possibly need more zones. They need to bump the content in the already exisiting ones ~~

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Like the previous ones the new expansion brings new PvE contents dedicated this time for players of quite high levels (30 to 50). Indeed, the realms will call for their best inhabitants to deal with a rebellion which aim is to overthrow the sovereigns. No one knows who leads the plot and adventurers will thus have to unmask the enemy, find his territory and invade him to put an end to the threat. The invasion of this territory will not be simple and many epic battles will certainly come.

Characters will have the opportunity to accomplish heroic quests commanded by the highest authorities of the realm and will be able to gain the title of Champion of the realm. The status of Champion can be claimed by level 50 characters and will be obtained in PvE as well as in RvR as well as a new content specially meant for that. Champions will of course receive some benefits like access to the royal armory and will be able to personalise their mounts or use unique mounts.
Indeed, the expansion will give the possibility for characters to own personal mounts, which was eagerly awaited. There will be different types of mounts, the basic ones being accessible whichever version of the game the player possess.
A few high level epic zones will also appear and will also be the place for group quests. They will of course ask you to venture in the adventure wings for some parts of these quests - giving to each one the occasion to become the hero of the adventure.

Sounds like TOA, mk2 to me. *sigh*

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
OK, you all want mounts and will therefore feel the urge to buy it ;)

Minau

Loyal Freddie
tbh i dont give i flying **** about mounts, on the other hand if the
expansion makes it possible to have 27 stat capp instead of 26 i gotta have it >.<

edit: just an example.

Kais

Banned
Krakatau said:
OK, you all want mounts and will therefore feel the urge to buy it ;)

if they can be used in rvr imagine the number of arthurs paladins riding with the zerg on their noble steeds :(

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
people have wanted mounts since forever, and since it got done in WoW, mythic had to make it possible.
not really impressed but i expect i'll buy it anyway.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
better that they add it, then dont at all :) offers the daoc players who prefer daoc before WoW something :p

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Kais said:
if they can be used in rvr imagine the number of arthurs paladins riding with the zerg on their noble steeds :(
i would love to see that day:( but all prydwen will see is a flock of tree huggers on unicorns or whatever :eek2:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like they've been checking out Ultima online

Personal mounts - UO has had since it started (7 or 8 years now?)
Titles - UO has been using these more and more in the past 5 years

IMO only a good thing if they are looking at UO for ideas, I'd personally like a cross between the two :)

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
More Information:

Evening all,
Just got back from the Roundtable in Washington DC and thought I would tell a bit about what was discussed and how things went.

Two Updates and one Expansion were shown. 1.76 for release in roughly June 05, 1.77 roughly Sep 05 and the new UNNAMED expansion in Winter 05.

1.76 - This update will be giving Guilds some love. Several things were mentioned as follows.
- An update to the Guild Interface. Making guild items more easily accessable.
- Instituing a merit system. This will have several aspects, but will be a good way to try to keep people in a guild.
- Guild Banners. Usable in RvR. This was very interesting. Each banner has a different ability (ie. with it Abs buff, mez reduction, etc..) Only one banner can be in RvR/Guild at a time. However, if the banner holder dies, the banner falls to the ground and an enemy realm will be able to pick it up and take it back to their guild house and display it like a trophy. The specifics on how long the banner stays in one place before it can be picked up have not been difined yet, but were being worked.
- Guild Missions. Much like RvR missions, but guild specific.
- Guild Dues. A system to pay guild dues. Not much was discussed about this.

1.77 - This update will be giving Classic Camelot a much needed rework. Specifics that were mentioned were updates to Epic Quests and Epic Armor. Making it worth wearing and doing the quests for. Updates to Classic high level areas (Dartmoor, Lyonesse, Llyn Barfog) Updates to the dungeons. etc... Specifics were sketchy but lots of good things were discussed.
- Epics. The big downer on the Epics was that one would have to REDO the epic quests from the beginning to get the new updated armor. However, the quests are being reworked so that peeps would be doing the same final quests for the armor.
- Many individual class bugs were discussed, too many to list, however, not many were new bugs not stated in TL reports.
- Talk about reducing the repair timer on razed towers was mentioned, and other thought on RvR. Some far fetched, some not so far fetched.

New Expansion - The next expansion (presently unnamed, in fact there was a contest to name it at the Roundtable) will be another PAY expansion. The next expansion will be based on each realms (Hib, Mid, Alb) is being "attacked" from within and is having his thone threatened. Players will talk to the king to start the process. This expansion will include several aspects I will discuss below, but will be Champion Quests, Champion Levels, Champion Weapon, and one other thing....
- Champion Quests. These are going to be in 3 phases, presently undetermined as to how it is going to be separated. But will be able to be started at Level 30. The 2nd phase may be at Level 40 with Phase 3 being the Champion Levels at L50.
- Champion Levels. These will additional abilities that you will be able to get, but not as powerful as ML's. Each Champion Level will give like a 50 HP increase or and increase to Power. etc... small things but will give the ability to work on Subclasses. Subclasses are being able to get abilities not normally available to you as a specific archtype. Example: A paladin would be able to get a low level Caster DD, or a Caster could spec in slash and be able to wear and use a sword. etc... certain things WILL NOT be allowed according to Mythic. Stealth, Speed, CC, Climb Walls, and several others will not be able to be Subclassed into. Completing each Champion Level will give one point to put into a subclass culminating to a total of 5 CL points. Titles will also be available at the completion of the Champion levels. Completing all CL's will lead to getting the Champion weapon.
- Champion Weapon. This will be the Weapon equivilent of Epic Armor. Each will be class specific and will be individually created for EACH class. The concept art of the Pally Sword was very nice. Eagle on the hilt and Bright Glowie...
- PLAYER CONTROLLED HORSES. They are coming and we saw the video showing the initial stages of them. With the expansion, at @ L35 everyone would be able to get a horse, however this will be the Standard Horse (free), not customizable. With the pay expansion you will be able to get a customizable horse or several different types. Barding, Armor, Guild colors, etc will be able to be put on the Horse. Horses will not be usable in combat and will travel at Mins/Bard/Skald speed. Completing CL's and other undefined quests, will unlock different abilities of the horse. Saddlebags will be available for additional storage. There is also a plan to be able to name your own horse.

Well, that is all I have at the moment, if you have any questions, go ahead and post and I will do my best to answer them.

Well there goes "Darkness Rising" :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
"if they can be used in rvr imagine the number of arthurs paladins riding with the zerg on their noble steeds"

If any class type needs bringing up to the NF level of the other classes its the bloody speed classes.Not weakening further by removing their last unique ability that only they can provide, and hence no longer be needed in a group.Marvellous. :puke:

Aeva

Banned
I don't like the idea of Champion Levels, Champion Ranks and other Champion shit, we already have MLs to deal with, they are just taking it way too far

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
a paladin with castable DD,HAHAHhahah.Other than that,upcoming toa 2!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if those mounts looks and behaves any simmilar to what the horses does atm. im not sure i want one.

and u can forget about them being usable in rvr. imagine the uproar from all the bards/skalds/minstrels if they were. as i cant imagine anything other then those mounts being as fast as the horse routs. and that would just make just another broken class useless as speed is why ppl want them in the grp (exept bards ofc) not for their insane *cough* damage dealing.... (ok bards might not be in such a distress as they are still primary mezzer)

but minstrels and skalds would be more or less rendered useless as they are in the group more or less for the speed and nothing else. so making mounts usable in rvr...... is a very very bad idea.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aeva said:
I don't like the idea of Champion Levels, Champion Ranks and other Champion shit, we already have MLs to deal with, they are just taking it way too far

u dont HAVE to do them u know... doing them just to feel "competative" is bollox..

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
As long as it runs in instances, can be accomplished with one group and doesn't introduce the artifact/scroll annoyance. I don't mind. It's still one year ahead, that is a long time.

Cheers
Solo

Jeros

Part of the furniture
sounds nice, but if mounts are usable in rvr....

ahh crap....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jeros said:
sounds nice, but if mounts are usable in rvr....

ahh crap....

i can almost guarantee they wont be. but if they WILL be they wont be nearly as fast as the speed classes...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
'Not usable' and 'unavailable in RvR' are two different things. I'd love to have a horse in RvR so my non-speed class characters can horsie over somewhere, then ditch the horse. :)

As stated already, the horses move at speed-class speed, and I doubt you can make em sprint, so having a speed class is always better - but having a horse is nice way to get around if you can't find a speedclass.

It's not a nerf, just another option. So far it sounds pretty much good fun, the new expansion. ^_^

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Mikah75 said:
i would love to see that day:( but all prydwen will see is a flock of tree huggers on unicorns or whatever :eek2:
With underpopulated realm bonus!!!

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
certain things WILL NOT be allowed according to Mythic. Stealth, Speed, CC, Climb Walls, and several others will not be able to be Subclassed into.

??? Will mincers finaly be removed from game? :flame:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:
It's not a nerf, just another option. So far it sounds pretty much good fun, the new expansion. ^_^

its a "stealth nerf" ppl WILL get another damage dealing class insted of a speed class if they can find a way to make it viable.

hell i know i would if i were running with a fixed rvr grp. id ditch the speed class for another dmg class in a second if the mounts were as fast as their speed (sprint or not)

but as they said. its NOT final. they CAN and probably will change on this when enough ppl whine and bitch :)

so heres me hoping they WONT be usable in rvr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom