New Expansion...?

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../103-7239467-9361400?v=glance&a mp;s=software

Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs
Other products by Mythic Entertainment

Price: $29.99

Availability: This item will be released on December 7, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. See details.

Platform: Windows 95 / 98 / Me / XP
ESRB Rating: Teen (Content suitable for persons ages 13 or older.)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like it might have been a prank/april fools joke that nobodys picked up on yet. Then again who knows?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Archeon said:
Sounds like it might have been a prank/april fools joke that nobodys picked up on yet. Then again who knows?

From what people are saying on VNWhine, looks like it's bona fide. I'd love to know what's in it, hopefully more PvE.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
ooh, not heard anything about it as yet. What are they saying on the VN boards then?

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
From what people are saying on VNWhine, looks like it's bona fide. I'd love to know what's in it, hopefully more PvE.

hopefully possibility to get to ml20 :puke:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
more waste of time in pve bashing mindless mobs in lag, yay :/

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm catacombs - that implies its underground. My guess is that it will be a reworked system for the RvR dungeons (Summoners hall, Dodens gruva etc, maybe even DF^^).
Makes senese since they wont be altered in New Frontiers. Perhaps its also a gfx update of the classic dungeons.

If that is the case it should appeal to everyone :)

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
My two pence worth: it will take till Dec for communities to get back to normality from toa, even si took a fair whack of our time. We have frontiers coming out and I don't think most folk will go back to pve after thats released. If its a fun expansion (I don't know what that would entail) then people may buy it if its another one like toa then no thank you.

WoW will be out by christmas and unlike swg I know good people who are in the WoW beta and if what they say is true DAoC has got some serious competition on its way.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
hopefuly it will include a way of obtaining RPs without RvRing :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Pff u got it all wrong.

Its when we all have finally kitted 50% of our chars with hard toa stuff and then catacombs come with wtfpwn items and toA artis will look like 15.6 dps drops from barrows :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Here's another idea of how it could work (purely speculation): What if each frontier keep was connected to an underground catacomb (i.e. dungeon). Each catacomb having different rewards etc so that not one became the only place ppl would want to go to. Then you would have to capture the keep that had the catacomb entrance (or perhaps sneak in if your a stealther). Maybe several keeps would be connected to the same catacomb, so that you would often find rvr down there. Might be to easy to take a keep if you could come up from a catacomb inside the walls tho.

Well, time will tell what its all about. But this way keeps would be attractive to take for more reasons than just DF.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
The idea of sneaking into a keep via a catacomb sounds pretty cool, if it is genuine i'd agree from the name it sounds like it'd be a dungeon rework. Still, you'd think Mythic would have made an offical announcement about it before it was priced on Amazon.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
The idea of sneaking into a keep via a catacomb sounds pretty cool, if it is genuine i'd agree from the name it sounds like it'd be a dungeon rework. Still, you'd think Mythic would have made an offical announcement about it before it was priced on Amazon.
He was talking about sneaking into a catacomb via a keep though :D Because you would like something down in the catacomb, you need to sneak through the keep, not through the catacomb. Or maybe both lol :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
He was talking about sneaking into a catacomb via a keep though :D Because you would like something down in the catacomb, you need to sneak through the keep, not through the catacomb. Or maybe both lol :p

Both^^

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wonderful, more of the older zones become redundant just so Mythic can sell another add-on. What is stopping them re-vamping old zones and loot? The almighty dollar of course.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall's sig said:
If you don't like PvE...why are you playing a MMORPG?

ehh ... for PvP/RvR?? If I wanted endless PvE I'd play a RPG (-MMO) ... now go find yourself a sig that makes sense please :touch:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Frontiers = Planetside for DAoC.

Catacombs, purely basing on name sounds like Planetside: Core Combat for DAoC too, possibly what Dodens/Marfach/HoC should have been right from the start. I'm probably so far off base I'm not even in the baseball stadium though :D

I'd always felt the underground RvR dungeons were are real missed opportunity. There should be underground fortresses and so forth that you can capture and tunnel combat and underground lakes with forts you can capture in the middle of them. Stuff like that. I'd love to see this kind of thing implemented.

Bring on the speculation :D

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Lets just pray that there is alot of RvR content in there. I will hardly be rdy with ToAing me up for RvR in februari or whenever it's released in Europe. :twak:

If it's almost pure RvR?
PRAISE THE LORD! :worthy:

Odds of that are less then 1% though. :(

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Well... considering it has a price tag, I'd guess it includes some new ubah items/abilities etc to make you buy it kinda thing, like ToA.

Why would they make you pay just to have nicer walls to stare at?

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Well... considering it has a price tag, I'd guess it includes some new ubah items/abilities etc to make you buy it kinda thing, like ToA.

Why would they make you pay just to have nicer walls to stare at?

Plz plz plz, i'll pay for just nicer walls! Just make sure that you cant get any new über items from them and ill pay. Just make them dyable and im happy.

hmm maybe i could set up some kind of fund for mythic, where we pay them to not get any new über items and/or abilitys in game.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
you guys realize everquest has 7 (thats seven) expansion packs. what makes you think daoc will be any different? the general rule of thumb for a major mmorpg is that an expansion pack is released every year (this is not counting free expansion packs, large patches etc).

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Prior to SI MF said that he hoped to add to DAoC's numbers with expansion packs - just like EQ.

No one knows what the new expansion might be but imo the best guess is that it will be in the mould of Lost Dungeons of Norrath. To those unaware the (Game of the Year) LDoN was the ground breaking EQ expansion that introduced instancing. Its very clever and ended forever the need to camp in EQ - that mantle being firmly picked p by DAoC.

Biggest fear: this will be yet another untested expansion and that there simply isn't time to do it properly and release 'Christmas 2004'. Europe was very lucky in not having to debug ToA, I don't believe the US server population will be as ready and willing to rush into a new expansion. People don't play for grief.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
:touch:
Cracked said:
Plz plz plz, i'll pay for just nicer walls! Just make sure that you cant get any new über items from them and ill pay. Just make them dyable and im happy.

hmm maybe i could set up some kind of fund for mythic, where we pay them to not get any new über items and/or abilitys in game.

hmm, didn't quite understand what your trying to get at quoting my post tbh.

If you didn't understand my 1st post then, I'll explain for you...

SI expansion, had to pay for it, it contained new areas with new and better items, which drew people away from old realm areas, people bought it to explore, get these items and play new overpowered classes.

ToA expansion, had to pay again, basicaly the same stuff, but even better items, and you can get to play even better races then currently, a few reasons to buy this expansion here.

(yes i know bother had improved gfxs in both also, nice addiction too)

Foundations, a freebie, nothing really which was already in game, just another way of keeping people interested. Nothing to make you better here, no one would buy it, so its on the house. (thought that was a nice pun there ;P)

Frontiers, yet to come, but free, this is a change, altering almost all aspects of RvR, nothing really included to make you want to buy it, basicaly a "keep you interested" expansion and includes a few big attempts at balancing/fix ra's etc.

All I was saying, is that it has a price, meaning it will contain things to make you maybe have an advantage over others, making profit for them, after all Mythric is a company just like any other.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Why doesnt Mythic try to start with DAoC 2 instead of releasing expansions? Just rework everything in the game from scratch...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Why doesnt Mythic try to start with DAoC 2 instead of releasing expansions? Just rework everything in the game from scratch...

They are working on another game -Imperator. http://www.imperatoronline.com
And DAoC isnt very old in mmorpg terms so i doubt we will see DAoC2 until its at least 5 years old, if ever.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Shanaia said:
ehh ... for PvP/RvR??...now go find yourself a sig that makes sense please

LOL

My sig makes perfect sense, if you want PvP and don't want PvE why aren't you playing Counterstrike/Quake/UT/BF1942/Enemy Territory etc etc etc? These games offer excellent team-based PvP action with no PvE.

I do not understand all the RvR fanatics who whine and whine about "having to do PvE" in TOA...it's not like Mythic introduced PvE/levelling in a patch or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom