New EU shrouded isles site, as usual its tons better than the US site....

O

old.0xygen

well we get loads of flash stuff with little functionality, usa get the facts easy to find and with a pretty decent layout.

I know which one I prefer

F

Flimgoblin

no, we get both ;)

or can you not see www.shroudedisles.com on your browser? :)

for an advert the GOA site is good
for info the shroudedisles site is better

so pick which you wanna use :)

F

Flimgoblin

our screenies are better :) no doubt about that :)

B

Bleri McThrust

And with a release date of 21st Feb 2003.

G

Gandir

GOA should really send there web designers on a real designer education. That is not a web page its a over priced graphic intese crap page! Same as the main page, who the hell designs a web page for 1280*1024 to start with. I would so very much want to have a real camelotherld page with the same simplistic layout not something like "hey look what we can do teenager page" but instead a real web page.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
And with a release date of 21st Feb 2003.

Shame it comes out round the same time as a whole load of other games.

Way too late too, typical GOA yet again IMO.

As for attracting new blood to the game, without copies of DAoC on the shelves (reading many threads about it), a severe lack of advertising (at least in England), I think the player base will soon start to dwindle, seeing as our knowledge of the realms is now pretty much maxxed for level 50s, by feb we could all have 4 level 50 chars and be plenty bored with the exp slug.

Just my own opinion, no need to flame it.

O

old.tRoG

the intro is extremely annoying.

darned music.

S

Sigurd

The realms are already emptying.. don't remember albion ever being as deserted as it is now (I know, PvP on Gorre is dragging quite a lot away, but less now)

S

SFXman

Turn the music off then.
I for one quite liked the site, with music on. The screenshots were quite nice...
One thing I noticed, at least it was so on my PC, was that the Sylvan was same for male and female in GOA's flashy version o_O
Might have been a bug on my side though.

As for the date, np... I will still be around.

P

pcentella

Way too late too, typical GOA yet again IMO.
I don't think it's too late (if they really release the game at the date they said), taking into consideration that USA SI release date is December 3, 2002 (hmmm isn't that next Tuesday?), and that we are a few patches behind USA DAoC at the moment, and the time they usually take to patch...

I think GOA are being quite risky by saying an official release date actually (if they don't make it, many people will get quite mad), so that is a thing we should admire (at least i do :p, coming from Blizzard's Diablo II and their typical keep-everything-secret-until-it's-live policy(doh, there must be some word for that :p, secrecy or something like that)).

T

Tealeaf

Sorry to piss on the fire, but the date of Feb 21 2003 has more than likely been set by Wanadoo, the publisher.

Anyone remember Wanadoo's release of DAoC? Two weeks delay on the English-language version, missing CDs, messed up CD-keys, messed up case colouring (yes, that ugly all-over yellow colour was an error - it's what happens when the colour separations aren't done properly and checked) - what a farce.

Sadly, these are the same people who are probably responsible for promoting and advertising DAoC in Europe.

It's interesting to see that the website says you can soon pre-order SI so that you can have the box the day of release. Just maybe Wanadoo learned something from the complaints about internet retailers not being allowed to start sending DAoC out until the day the servers went live.

On a happier note, I see that the Hibbies are living up to the name - check out the flares on that Treant thingy doing the groovy weird hippy dance!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SFXman
Turn the music off then.
I for one quite liked the site, with music on. The screenshots were quite nice...
One thing I noticed, at least it was so on my PC, was that the Sylvan was same for male and female in GOA's flashy version o_O
Might have been a bug on my side though.

As for the date, np... I will still be around.

I got that in Opera - something to do with targetting different windows - worked fine in IE (no doubt some security loopholes that IE lets through ;))

S

stu

I'm guessing you haven't done much web design Fingoniel...

E

erl

Originally posted by stu
I'm guessing you haven't done much web design Fingoniel...
I'm guessing you haven't done much informative posting Stu...

M

Milkshake

I guess NO-ONE in EUROPE uses 56k anymore except me!

I find the European Websites a steaming pile of poo. Whereas www.duskwave.com/daoc is quick, effective and to the point, it takes me 2-3 mins to load up the GOA DAoC page to read the news!
The SI pages, even though is all sparkly and new, takes me ages to load so I can even see the screenshots. Not fun, especially since I had to wait for the No-Sound button to load for what felt like an hour.

I think a good *aaaaarrrggghhh* is needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom