New Emotes - 1.57a

A

Anu

NEW EMOTES

We're adding some more emote animations into this version. Please note that one of these is a replacement for the current "taunt" emote. When we put the original taunt emote in, we didn't foresee the problems people would have with it, and perhaps we should have. In hindsight it really doesn't fit the spirit of the game as well as the newer (and far funnier) taunt emote that is included in this version. We realize that some of you had no problem with the old taunt, but it just didn't "feel" right, so we are replacing it.

- Hug - self-explanatory.
- Charge - onward!
- No - shake your head.
- Yes - nod your head.
- Raise - raise your hand, as in volunteering or getting attention.
- Shrug - shrug your shoulders.
- Slap - slap someone.
- Slit - Let your enemey know what you want to do to him.
- Surrender - I give up!

From the herald.. LOL woot :p

Wonder how many will run around slapping ppl :)

/point
/slap
/slit
/laugh

:m00:

K

klavrynd

/hug !!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A

Alrindel

Oh my God, they nerfed /taunt! You bastards!

S

Sharma

Gombur SAVIOR HAS COME!!!

/spam
/hug
/hug
/hug
/hug
/hug

WOOOT!

O

old.Xarr

but! look at it this way.. we're gonna get 1.56 next since that's the 'expansion pack patch'. that means we will get /taunt before it get's nerfed! wooot :D

O

old.0xygen

emotes02.jpg

That person JUST missed getting /taunt cause pend went down. But apparently the new taunt is rather funny

***EDIT*** It appears they just updated the picture ;p hard to figure out wtf he is doign though lol

***EDIT*** Last one I promise. When you taunt you basically squat down and do a chicken dance.

S

Sigurd

Looks like he's pretending to be a chicken.

Edit: lol, you just put that in as I posted..

A

Archeon

Wahoo, /Shrug!

i've been praying for the day they put that in, right GOA hurry up and catch us up with the americans. the sooner we get this the better :)

S

SFXman

/surrender and /slit are disappointing :(

I mean that is what a whole army would do if they surrender :rolleyes:
But usually you could do that when you are solo and meet an enemy group.. should be something else, maybe both hands up in the air :)
The slit should look down more, now it looks like a /suicide emote.

B

Bleri McThrust

Hmm not sure about /surrender........ other thoughts come to mind there :p

L

lakih

Imagine the Albion force at a milegate... a newly dinged lvl 50 armsman standing at the front row...

/yell FOR ALBION WITH HONOR
/charge

And everyone in the zerg just

/shrug

:p ;)

S

Sharma

noob: BUFF PLZ

/no
/point
/laugh
/slit
/taunt
<run away>

G

Generic Poster

I have lots of fun with 'Slap' in Sims-Online. The animation involves both players for a real slap fest :D

Piledriving people is fun too... as are most of the funky dance moves.

I'm not sure if AO had instruments, but AO2 does. There're around 5 different ones(lutes/flutes/drums... etc), each with 10 different tunes... ambient and profound.

If you want to relax a little, you just whip out your instrument and start playing a tunes, within minutes, there's a whole crowd around you forming a little band.

I'd love to see something like that in DAoC, because atm, there aren't enough people just chilling out. Everyones always busy to get some RP/XP/hunts... even UO had locations where people would just gather around and trade or just relax a little.

P

pcentella

The new emotes will be cool. I can see the uses of /taunt and /slit in general RvR and specifically in keep taking (I would have loved to have it in Thidranki :)), and surrender in non-zerg warfare. /raise and /shrug will be cool for "who pulls?" or "who leads?". And I'll /hug people when they draw aggro out of the poor little sorc! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom