New DAoC Minotaurs

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
no, just that u cant seem to grasp the fact that everything about that expansion that isnt already posted about by Mythic is NDA protected.

Non-Disclosure-Agreements are a contract between both parties. As neither me, you (I doubt) the topic-starter or Freddyshouse itself is one of the parties, its ofcourse total bollocks to try and enforce a NDA on this forum.

I've got no idea why the mods are pushing so hard to try and enforce a rule which they dont need to live upon. It's not 'illegal' to posts these links under some weird law, its just not allowed for the person who made these screenshots to make em public. If he chooses to do, thats his fault, and not the responsibility of FH or any of its users.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Puppet said:
Non-Disclosure-Agreements are a contract between both parties. As neither me, you (I doubt) the topic-starter or Freddyshouse itself is one of the parties, its ofcourse total bollocks to try and enforce a NDA on this forum.

I've got no idea why the mods are pushing so hard to try and enforce a rule which they dont need to live upon. It's not 'illegal' to posts these links under some weird law, its just not allowed for the person who made these screenshots to make em public. If he chooses to do, thats his fault, and not the responsibility of FH or any of its users.

as i totally agree with you, you will get the same responce as always

'we enforce the goa contract so requiel comes on fh'

when infact looking at her recent posts, she comes on every 2 weeks and posts in 1 thread about how everything is working as intended :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
- English - said:

when infact looking at her recent posts, she comes on every 2 weeks and posts in 1 thread about how everything is working as intended :)
requiel is a he... not a she, and so is Xalin :)

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

Correct, it seems almost "fanboi"ish tbh.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
- English - said:

I read FH every day at work, In fact I'm generally lurking on the forums all day. Just because I don't make +1 posts in every thread, doesn't mean I don't follow stuff on here.

The admins at FH have decided that they'd like their forums to remain free of controversial stuff such as cheats, hacks, warez, and other stuff that publishers don't like. NDA breaking stuff falls into this category as well, as if you encourage or condone this sort of thing where do you stop? The CoC is also 'a contract between both parties' It's not 'illegal' to break the CoC - you won't go to prison for speedhacking but I don't think anyone is going to suggest that people should be able to discuss download locations for cheat software just because FH isn't party to the CoC. If the admins have this vision of what is and isn't acceptable on their forums then the mods have a duty to uphold it. It is ultimately their call on what is and isn't acceptable, whether it's actually against the law or not isn't a factor. Their forum, their rules.

Ultimately the people who suffer will be yourselves, if you persistently ignore the NDA then you are likely to not only lose your current beta spot but the publishers are likely to look askance at communities that encourage this sort of thing and ensure that people associated with those communities don't get the opportunity to ruin their carefully staged publicity plans in future - meaning no more beta spots for you. Companies have these NDAs for a reason, it's not just free publicity for them when you break it otherwise they wouldn't bother implementing it in the first place. Things change, different elements get revealed at different times for various reasons that they don't need to explain to you and by throwing a cog in that process you are damaging the release for stupid reasons.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Just because I don't make +1 posts in every thread.
But you're able to +1 Perma ban people ingame, while we can't. We gotta get our 'kick' somewhere!

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
i cant see where could a screen shot posting ruin an expansion? did you mean "ah, ive already seen the minotaur, why would i buy the exp.." ... this is bs, im glad ive seen those cows, and guess what, im still buying..

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh it's only for the better to release those screenshots, atleast now people can discuss it and eventhough most (like with all things) people will be negative about it you do get a better view from people to see if the expansion is going to be a hit or not or fall into the buyer's (us) likings and adjust it accordingly.
Beta testers probably wont say stuff like "omg this sucks so hard" for being affraid to lose their Beta spot (can't believe they ever seriously tested the pre nerf Warlock class for instance).

Though I can also understand Mythic being affraid that another company steals their idea or something prior to releasing it thereby screwing them over or ruining their advertisement about the game and/or getting free marketing (yeah like DAoC gets marketing but still :p).
Still think they should be more open about it, if it was a fresh game ok I can understand the NDA but this is like the 5th or so expansion.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
i cant see where could a screen shot posting ruin an expansion? did you mean "ah, ive already seen the minotaur, why would i buy the exp.." ... this is bs, im glad ive seen those cows, and guess what, im still buying..

You truelly are thick aren't you?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:

The expansion is still in beta stage at the moment, which means the content can change in the future. Releasing screenshots of something that's still in beta stage can mislead people as it doesn't represent the end product. Just to give an example, if you release a screenshot of a minotaur holding 2-handed weapons in both hands at the moment and Mythic decides to take that feature away, people could complain that they saw the Minotaur wielding 2x 2 handed weapons and why it got removed etc...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Often screenshots don't really tell the story anyway. DAoC horses looks a bit pants on screenshots, but pretty good in game. Anyone else remember how much the Catacombs character look changed between early leaked beta pictures and the final product ?

Darzil

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
oh look, its the 'can we talk about freeshards' debate all over again!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
oh look, its the 'can we talk about freeshards' debate all over again!

What debate ?

Using your client to play on a freshard is against the terms that you agreed to when you installed the client - no debated needed.

Disclosing information covered under a NDA is not something the forum admins dont want to promote - no debated needed.

If you feel the urge to do one of the above - do it elsewhere

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
...their carefully staged publicity plans in future...
rofl... what plan, what publicity??? never seen anything even remotely close to that!

Hauwyth

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if GOA will have learnt to advertise the new expansion before its released :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hauwyth said:
Wonder if GOA will have learnt to advertise the new expansion before its released :)

would it matter if they did? the few ppl thats trying the game already gets scared off pretty fast due to a screwed up community that doesent play the game anymore outside rvr. cant really beg for new players when all the rest of us do is go to moderna and whetever the other 2 realms zones are called to PL every alt we make now can we?

hard to get new ppl to stay that way.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Quite simple tbh.
In the end all that matters here on this forum is "Their forum, their rules", not that hard to grasp ;)

Ofc some people will whine and fabricate good or less good reasons(to no use, just to have their opinion out, much like me now ;] ).

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
Well i hope they change the start up screen, it sucks atm its like a cartoon version of the labrinyth ^^

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
their carefully staged publicity plans in future

That made me laugh :p, I have seen more publicity for tampons than DAOC.. (And thats in some gaming mags)

Requiel said:
Companies have these NDAs for a reason,

Yes it makes them money, or there product is so bad they dont want people to know until they have bought it...

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom