New crafter recipies in TOA

T

Tesla Monkor

Trawling through the crafterboards, I stumbled over this tidbit:

------
That staff is the Legendary Pyroclasmic Quaterstaff, made by my dear Kallisti. The staff recipe is yellow at 1080 skill, which until ToA was the CAP!!! There are 4 varieties of this staff and although it is only 97% qual at tiems it outdamaged my MP exceptional qstaff (it is also 4.2 speed 16.5 dps)

They are very interesting staves, VERY useful in PvE and potentially useful in RvR, but will be tricky to incorporate into an SC setup as they aer crafted pre-SC'd and don't have +staff +parry on them like most friar staves we are familiar with.
------
Source: http://forums.drunkenfriar.com/viewtopic.php?t=283&sid=3a92468645bd2dd8d5f7fa250e2114b6
------

So I guess some reward/drop/quest item from ToA will be 'recipies' that can be turned into weapons/items/armor by Legendary crafters. The resulting product is already SC'd and cannot be further enhanced.

There's mention of weapons/items gaining 'xp' and skills too, intriguing. =)

K

kallora

Hehe... my words follow me everywhere!

Nope its not a quest or drop type recipe this is a standard recipe that appears in your list when you get high enough level just liek any other. However as I mentioend beofre it is VERY high level and will only be available to the MOST dedicated crafters.

F

Flimgoblin

and they look sweeeeeeeeeet :)

they're pretty nifty but NDA :p

(oh and *waves* to kallora)

S

SFXman

They are the ones with spiky balls on the ends...?

T

Tesla Monkor

If they're regular recipies but highup on the recipies list, and take no special ingredients, life will be interesting for crafters again. People will want to see which they want - an SCed regular item, or one of these new things.

It's at 1080, which apparantly is, as mentioned, the fletching cap. (I'm on a leg here.. Not sure albion fletchers do the staves.. in Midgard, they do.).

My fletcher has no yellows left.. the highest recipy is blue, close to green. I wonder if she'll 'see' the new recipy when it is introduced.

At least we now know where those nifty looking armors come from. (Assuming Armorcrafting gets them added like these new weapons.). (Not just from quests, then. :)

=)

Y

Yussef

Give, only 15 points left to skill up in 1.64 ;o

S

Silenzio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Yussef
Give, only 15 points left to skill up in 1.64 ;o

Are you a fletcher? :p

Staff = Fletching remember.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hmm...wonder what the new weapons (if any) will look like? :)

S

SFXman

Has been some amount of pictures of them.
Saw some NS (iirc) weapons, looked nice.... or was it a kobold holding them.

K

kallora

Look aroun din the various ToA screenshot galleries.. any unsual looking weapons will prolly be Legendary ones. I've seen Lurikkens runnign aroudn with what look to me like Geology Hammers :D

The longbow looks awesome.. when I find a scout I'll let him hold the one Kallisti is carrying for a SS and post it.

Yes Fletchers do staves and quaterstaves for Friars - why do you think my Friar has all 4??? :)

BTW the crafter clone of Kallisti on Pendragon now has 1087 Fletching... the cap is now 1130 /cry /cry

The weapons require LGM SC components, LGM ALchemy components, LGM Fletcher or WC components and a drop from ToA, so don't expect to see many of them out and about. We can make tehm relatively easy on Pend for testing purposes but they'll be much harder to come by on live.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by SFXman
Has been some amount of pictures of them.
Saw some NS (iirc) weapons, looked nice.... or was it a kobold holding them.

The weird mini pick hammer looking things?

G

Graknak

good more glowies for me to collect, it does glow right? ^^ now i need 1 of each from each legendary crafter since each has a diff "Made By" ^^, happy days :D

O

old.linnet

Great idea from Mythic, because increasing melee damage is EXACTLY what this game needs :rolleyes:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by kallora
BTW the crafter clone of Kallisti on Pendragon now has 1087 Fletching... the cap is now 1130 /cry /cry

The weapons require LGM SC components, LGM ALchemy components, LGM Fletcher or WC components and a drop from ToA, so don't expect to see many of them out and about. We can make tehm relatively easy on Pend for testing purposes but they'll be much harder to come by on live.

~cries~

Must...craft!

G

Graknak

i wonder what recipies the other crafters get.... ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

Better continue on my weaponcrafter then. To get my set of Legendary crafters complete. =)

F

Feac_

can the drop be got solo ? or in a small group ?

K

kallora

No idea to be honest, I've only seen them drop once and that was on a trial mob that required 2G. Then again they might only have been put in as drops recently...

D

Draylor

Look aroun din the various ToA screenshot galleries.. any unsual looking weapons will prolly be Legendary ones.
Hmm, so what about the new armour suits - since there seems to be a few pics of a new design around already.

Drops - or again new crafted items requiring TOA drops?

Hmmmmmm, the pain of crafted gear requiring rare drops coming out as low quality - that will not be fun. Definitely sounds interesting though ;)

T

Tranquil-

Seems like I'll have to dust off Tranq later so I can get bows then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom