New code of conduct...

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
After reading through all of the announcement, I have only two questions left:

1. Wouldn't it use up much less space, saying what we are allowed to post in the future?
Like: RR5+ grats / raid info / WTB-T-S

2. Where will the drama happen in the in the future?

Methos

Loyal Freddie
The new rules in general are good...

But banning people for posting grats to RR4 or lower is just absurd.

There are people in daoc (and no i'm not referring to myself ;) ) that take ages to get to lvl50, or take long to gain RR's. For some getting RR4 requires the same effort others need to get to RR6, for example. Difference in speed when working through a MMORPG is in the spirit of this type of game.

Thinking up a rule to ban people for this is weak.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
CoC said:
Gratz threads.

Realm Rank 5 and over only. No exceptions. Users doing so will receive a 3 day ban and the thread will be closed. Persistent offenders will be subject to a post history review and are likely to receive a 1 week ban as a final warning followed by a permamnent ban if their posting does not improve.

This is silly and discriminates against hardcore and casual players. Your saying that a casual player that gets to RR3/4 after 2 years does not deserve a gratz?

:twak:

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Forb said:
its stupid to make a gratz thread for rr4

Why? Not saying that you see many gratz threads for < RR5 but if someone deserves it..

What about banning gratz for ML raids or for RL birthdays etc...

Blane

Fledgling Freddie
So lets see : we can t whine we can t spam we can t gratz we can t flame we can t death threat...hmmmm... W T F let s all go to FroddosHouse or smthing
!11!1!1!!

:clap:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
>> We realise that by defining rules we empower some bright sparks to dance between them, flaunt them by not quite breaching them. Users we think are simply provoking the mods or testing the flexibility of the rules will be banned

This one made me laugh ^^

Bahumat

FH is my second home
surely you could post Grazt bob on rr2 in off topic section.

>> We realise that by defining rules we empower some bright sparks to dance between them, flaunt them by not quite breaching them. Users we think are simply provoking the mods or testing the flexibility of the rules will be banned

i'll see you all next week :(

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Forb said:
its stupid to make a gratz thread for rr4

Partly i agree, what my point is, is that it's even more stupid to forbid this.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the rule has always been RR5. I think that's just there to let the kiddies who think it's funny to post "GRATS TO MY MEGAMEIGHT ON RR2L7!!!!oneone" know it's not on.

ML grats threads? never seen any
RL grats threads are Off Topic.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Gratz for suceessful raids? am sure there have been a few of them :)

Sucessful raids, or gratz threads about them (if they even existed)?

Rules are meant to be broken, if you wern't meant to break them, they wouldn't need to invent them in the first place.
Since I didn't read the rules, maybe someone can tell me if inciting others to break the rules is forbidden?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
the rule has always been RR5. I think that's just there to let the kiddies who think it's funny to post "GRATS TO MY MEGAMEIGHT ON RR2L7!!!!oneone" know it's not on.

ML grats threads? never seen any
RL grats threads are Off Topic.

Gratz on that post Flimgoblin, can we be megameights?

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
I personally think the gratz threads should be limited to rr7+ or something higher than rr5 at least as the majority of them recently have been rr8 and higher.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Golena said:
Since I didn't read the rules, maybe someone can tell me if inciting others to break the rules is forbidden?

... no, but then drawing attention to yourself like this probably wasn't your best ever idea :twak:

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
... no, but then drawing attention to yourself like this probably wasn't your best ever idea :twak:

Hmm...it actually probably WAS his best idea ever...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
scorge said:
Gratz for suceessful raids? am sure there have been a few of them :)

and they're in the non-RvR section and perfectly ok unless people take the piss and spam with it.

The rules are enforced by the mods not some automatic banning robot so it's not like if you post a certain combination of words in title and body of a post you'll be instabanned.

If people post crap they'll get warned, suspended, banned. Pretty simple.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by CoC
Gratz threads.

Realm Rank 5 and over only. No exceptions. Users doing so will receive a 3 day ban and the thread will be closed. Persistent offenders will be subject to a post history review and are likely to receive a 1 week ban as a final warning followed by a permamnent ban if their posting does not improve.

Me personally has always thought that grats thread could have a own section instead of rvr section (not tryin to bring this up as a discussion, only my opinion) but since im with the minority on thinking that I accept it.....however If they now are allowed...in rvr section...then all grats threads should be allowed.
This rule seems however pretty waste of space in the coc regarding the count of grats rr4 (or lower) there is....I do bother about having the grats threads in rvr section but i dont make any difference in who or what dinged however.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I think i would make a much better mod than all the current ones.
Im very tolerant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom