New cluster-survey up on GOA´s page!

Ziial

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
110
Manisch Depressiv said:
RvR zones and capital cities only I thought?
Correct ... these 2 zones are the only ones that will be clustered (only 1 of these for all players) Yhe other zones ToA, SI, Mainland etc will still be left as Prydwen and Excalibur but you can switch between these by a NPC in Jordheim ... for ex. if GoLM is camped on Prydwen you can check if its free on Excalibur or if ya cant find that sword ya looking for on Excalibur CMs you can go Prydwen housing etc.
 

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
3,042
Sharkith said:
you have confused me.

:eek7:

Oki u seem not to fully understand this cluster thing. Lets say they are gonna cluster. Then they will cluster capitol and RvR. That means there will only be 1 frontier and 1 capitol for both servers. All the other zones will be 2 (excal and prydwen). And you are able to for example port between excal ToA and Prydwen ToA or excal housing and prydwen housing.

This then means (in theory) that by having 2 arti mobs will lead to more artis on cm´s or/and more artis up while still being able to gather 1 big zerg for that ML.
 

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
2,798
xxManiacxx said:
Oki u seem not to fully understand this cluster thing. Lets say they are gonna cluster. Then they will cluster capitol and RvR. That means there will only be 1 frontier and 1 capitol for both servers. All the other zones will be 2 (excal and prydwen). And you are able to for example port between excal ToA and Prydwen ToA or excal housing and prydwen housing.

This then means (in theory) that by having 2 arti mobs will lead to more artis on cm´s or/and more artis up while still being able to gather 1 big zerg for that ML.
No I got that.

If you think as an individual potentially you would think - great two zones two artis more opportunities for Artis!!

:clap:

That is logical but it doesn't work like that - it is a population issue. There are approximately .5 more Excal peeps than Pryd peeps across the board. It is more likely that we on Pryd will feel the impact of that greater population moving around in Pryd zones. I am hoping it will not be such a big issue but if you look on the vnboards you will see that co-ordinating ML raids for clusters can get messy along with the additional crap of arti camping (I hate ToA so much).

if you are on Vn boards look at this thread as a good example of what has happened over the water:

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp...arch=clustering

From the desk of Ofortuna:

The Iseult server has been overrun with (let's just come out and say it cause you all know that IF i post here i am quite upset) Kay bastards.

We all have the same zones with the exception of the shared zones, so why would you come to our server to farm artifacts and do ML raids. Now I know you are ALB's but there should still be some consideration when infecting someone elses server.

Clustering WAS put in so we could work together in RvR, and on ML's NOT SO WE COULD GO SCREW OTHER PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR ARTIFACTS AND ML'S.

I log in to find our ML3 raid has to take place on Kay, because Kay people are already in our ML3 dungeon????? I barely had time to get to our ML3 dungeon before the raid, and now i have to go to another server? Thanks for screwing me out of ML3 Kay-Albs.

Yes the Alb mentality is to screw, steal, and cheat: yes the Mid and Hib mentality is to screw, steal, and cheat: but not their own people.

Needles to say I hated the clustering idea, and think that it's stage 2 of my predicted Mythic Death. Cats was stage 1.

Clustering is doing a lot more for Mythic than its customers in the long run, if only they survice to see the long in the long run.

Bottom line STAY THE HELL ON YOUR OWN SERVERS, HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE, A SHRED OF DECENCY, SOME COUORTESY AT LEAST SINCE 99% OF THE Iseult Albs have already witnessed your severe lack of skill in playing your toons.

IF this problem persists, and I am just voicing what a lot of people on Iseult are thinking, YOU KNOW I AM, you will be excluded out of any of my events, and might even find others on Iseult not wanting you in groups and BG's either.

Have a nice day, and be warned that IF I find you in the way of one of my raids, I WILL move ahead of you and ensure you do not get credit on Iseult. The only exception would be IF and only IF yours is not already teken BY someone from another server.
Please understand me here I am not painting a doom and gloom picture I would just like to have a balanced evlauation of what might happen. It has some good points this idea of clustering especially RvR but allowing shared ToA zones is so integral to RvR that you cannot ignore the fact that we on Pryd might well feel the impact more than excaliber people. I kind of dislike that inequality.

If they made all artis 100% drops etc it would go a long way to removing this sort of pressure though. <Shrugs> I know people can choose and I don't mind that I would just like an open and balanced discussion. I hope I have clarified why I am posting about this here now apologies for any lack of clarity.

Sharkith
 

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
3,042
Sharkith said:
We all have the same zones with the exception of the shared zones, so why would you come to our server to farm artifacts and do ML raids. Now I know you are ALB's but there should still be some consideration when infecting someone elses server.
Highligted the important part ;)
 

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
143
Another way of saying what sharkith is trying to say is
We get a 1 extra toa zone
but as the other servers are bigger, we get 2x more arti campers
So for example right now Toa to arti campers is 1:1 , 1 server, 1 prydwen servers worth of arti farmers.
excal isnt much differant to 2 prydwens put together alrdy.
So bascily with clustering it becomes 2:3, 2 servers, 3 prydwen servers worth of arti farming
Hope some people understand what am trying to get at here

Voted No for clustering
 

aldar

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
34
Treeeebeard said:
Another way of saying what sharkith is trying to say is
We get a 1 extra toa zone
but as the other servers are bigger, we get 2x more arti campers
So for example right now Toa to arti campers is 1:1 , 1 server, 1 prydwen servers worth of arti farmers.
excal isnt much differant to 2 prydwens put together alrdy.
So bascily with clustering it becomes 2:3, 2 servers, 3 prydwen servers worth of arti farming
not quite right tbh

this is with assuming the excal population is infact 2 prydwens put together already, but a quick look on duskwave (for active characters) suggests that (excal:8,505 vs pryd:5,348) excal has a 60% larger population, although this doesnt tell us anything about active accounts which is what really matters. I guess we could take a look at the current online statistics for the servers... (excal:914 vs pryd:647) suggests that excal has 1.4 times the poplulation we have on prydwen.
lets be fair and say excal is 150% the prydwen one. 2.5 prydwen populations spread over 2 zones would only give 25% more articamping

so your statment that "we get 2x more arti campers" is way off using reasonable numbers. (not to mention that your first statment is in conflict with your final conclution which would suggest 50% more articamping)
 

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
2,798
aldar said:
2.5 prydwen populations spread over 2 zones would only give 25% more articamping
This is roughly how I saw it.

Now that might not be so bad if the benefits outweigh the risks.

The benefits are significant I think. Maybe they can be listed and that will help (me at least)

RvR
More Zergs which is good for people who are low RR and don't have access to a group.
More Group versus groups (from what I can read on the American discussion forums)

Downside
Solo playing seems to have taken a knock over there

PvE
I can't see many changes Catacombs had made people more able to solo and it is harder to get a group as a Bard for example. This however would remain the same with clustering. THAT SAID you have a better chance of finding people if you are determined enough.

Downside
You have the time delay if you want to PvE in other relams (personally I don't see that as big and issue but others will find it tough).

ToA
Major advantage especially for Midgard (who are getting it rough on this) perhaps is many more people available for ML raids. If your not Midgard you still have the chance of going for a bigger range of ML raids - this is a nice big advantage.

Downside
Artifacts will be 25% more camped than they are (I think aldar's calculations are very fair). For Hib Pryd we have had enough bitching and yapping about this that I see this as a significant problem. many of you will not which is fine. Prices are very likely to increase (once again I have got this of the vnboard but please correct me if you have other evidence).

Community Spirit
Two schools of thinking on this:

1) Pryd communities are reported to be tighter and Excal is constructed as full of nasties. Pryd communities might be negatively affected by these 'outsiders'.

2) Community spirit is something you actively maintain and so you ought to do this in the face of anything that changes in your environment (Vegetafn on pryd made this point). If the spirit is as good as some people claim it should remain unchanged. However this depends on your beliefs - would the selfish evil outsider always undermine the lovely idyllic insider?

One final point I dislike anything that labels people as from here or there - you can see in the quote above th vitrollic view of someone who hated outsiders camping in his ToA zone. I dislike this the most.

So on the balance of it I think it might just be a goer but people would need to have their eyes opened and be ready for the inevitable downside.

OK I am off to get pissed for the rest of the day and watch the FA cup final - sorry for all this spam I was also a bit bored with the game this morning.

Sharkith
 

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
3,155
Voted NO!

just cos you cannot change realm anymore. We got three realms in this game.. what's the purpose of joining the only two english servers which in essence that leaves us with only 1 server on which we cannot play another realm (yeah.. we all who play for a while can.. but say if our main server is mid... our secondary alb, and we grow tired of alb (hey... most logical) and wanna try out hib... it's IMPOSSIBLE!! We're then stuck to mid, or we have to delete the main server's characters in order to try out alb....

For new players that's even more the case.. .they cannot even play the two realms with an our in between as is now the case.

The americans didn't have this problem. They had enough servers to switch between... but since GoA decided we english speaking folks aren't worthy enough for more servers...
ahwell, I'm tired, gonna go to bed, but THINK BEFORE VOTING :D

not only we've got the problem of more camping (especially here in pryd, where population is lowest we'll feel the impact of campers) and all the problems the americans encounter.. we've also gotta deal with the problem of this realm changing...
 

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,034
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
For new players that's even more the case.. .they cannot even play the two realms with an our in between as is now the case.
New players, heh prly an influx of about 30 new players in total, and most of those prly quit before reaching 50 anyway, on pryd/exc every week, mebe less, besides who the hell cares about new players :(
Before they're gonna get 50 and toa'ed etc daoc servers will be closed due to lack of population anyway, if the servers aren't clustered.
 

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
288
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Voted NO!

just cos you cannot change realm anymore. We got three realms in this game.. what's the purpose of joining the only two english servers which in essence that leaves us with only 1 server on which we cannot play another realm (yeah.. we all who play for a while can.. but say if our main server is mid... our secondary alb, and we grow tired of alb (hey... most logical) and wanna try out hib... it's IMPOSSIBLE!! We're then stuck to mid, or we have to delete the main server's characters in order to try out alb....

For new players that's even more the case.. .they cannot even play the two realms with an our in between as is now the case.

The americans didn't have this problem. They had enough servers to switch between... but since GoA decided we english speaking folks aren't worthy enough for more servers...
ahwell, I'm tired, gonna go to bed, but THINK BEFORE VOTING :D

not only we've got the problem of more camping (especially here in pryd, where population is lowest we'll feel the impact of campers) and all the problems the americans encounter.. we've also gotta deal with the problem of this realm changing...

:puke: I mean who the fuck are you? :S ofc GoA expect roleplayers like you to vote no, it's quite sad actually.
 

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
1,551
Niko said:
:puke: I mean who the fuck are you? :S ofc GoA expect roleplayers like you to vote no, it's quite sad actually.
Well, everyone has the right to vote as he/she wish. Someone likes to RvR, someone likes to PvE, someone likes to solo/skirmish, someone likes the fg vs fg, someone likes to zerg. So why is the "hate"?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom