new class

O

old.Raivo

I found this from www.shroudedisles.com

Reaver

Reavers are hybrid Fighters with chain armor and a variety of Albion weapon skills. They are the fighting class that protects Arawn, lord of the underworld. Reavers are hybrid tanks, related in spirit to the Thane and Champion – they have some debuffs, like the Champion, and some direct damage/lifetaps, like the Thane. They also can specialize in a variety of melee skills including all the 1 handed weapon specs, shields, and parry - but they also receive a new weapon type, Flexible Weapons, which includes whips, flails, and morningstars, with appropriate combat styles. Their spells are a variety of debuffs and lifedrains which are intended to augment their damage in combat.

A new spell function is being added to the Reaver: the "proccing" life drain chant – which, when active, gives a chance to heal the Reaver when he melee damages his enemies.

---

Sounds nice class.. now guess what realm will get it :p

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Raivo
...now guess what realm will get it :p
Well, um... the first line of the quote says a variety of Albion weapon skills...so um... Hibernia?

:m00:

-G

O

old.Tohtori

Reavers are hybrid tanks, related in spirit to the Thane

Umm...Brannor i have to go with midgard.

X

Xandax

Let me guess, a class that seems interesting, have good abilities .... hmm, that must be Albion :p
(Mytics "love child" realm :D )

I

ivan_tribbiani

Necromancy all the way baby, And yeah if we migrate entire Albion to Midgard then itll be Midgard that gets the Reaver class.

L

lakih

They also can specialize in a variety of melee skills including all the 1 handed weapon specs, shields, and parry - but they also receive a new weapon type, Flexible Weapons, which includes whips, flails, and morningstars, with appropriate combat styles.

Isnt a Morningstar a blunt, very nonflexible mace-like weapon?

And wheee, they combined a Champion and a Thane and gave it to Albion... i hope they combine a Infiltrator and a Skald and give it to Hibernia... but then agian, that would be a Minstrel, and Albion already have one of those too... ;) :D

G

Gran

Acquired via google

Morning Star Okies, here we go.I've seen alot of people get the mace,morning star, and the flail mixed up.So i'm going to explain the diffences to ya.A mace is a foot shaft with a large sphere on the tip,and sometimes varies in shape.A morning star is a foot long shaft attached with a foot long chain with a spiked sphere on the end.A flail has about a 3 foot long shaft(2 hander) attached with a foot long chain with a spiked sphere on the end. -A morningstar is basically a one-handed flail-

D

danskmacabre

Except this part:

A flail has about a 3 foot long shaft(2 hander) attached with a foot long chain with a spiked sphere on the end.

is incorrect.
A flail is a 3 foot long shaft with a foot long chain attached with a 3 foot long shaft on the other end.
It was originally developed from the Rice flail, which was used to bash rice after it had been harvested to separate it from the husk.

O

old.Aralik

i thought a monring star is a throwing weapon that ninja's used, they looks like star (suprisingly enough)

In fact im Very sure they are called morning stars.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.Aralik
i thought a monring star is a throwing weapon that ninja's used, they looks like star (suprisingly enough)

They're not, in English they're called THROWING stars...
And yeah, there is another name in Japanese...but I don't know what it is..

D

Danya

Originally posted by Xandax
Let me guess, a class that seems interesting, have good abilities .... hmm, that must be Albion :p
(Mytics "love child" realm :D )
Mythics love child is clearly hibernia :p

... i hope they combine a Infiltrator and a Skald and give it to Hibernia... but then agian, that would be a Minstrel, and Albion already have one of those too...
Cool, now where's my 2 handed weapons, crit strike, dual wield, and envenom skills?

D

Damon_D

Ahhh and yes guesse what the so call'd " melee" realm gets..an ape-man who fights with sticks and stones... MYTHIC GO FEEK YASELF GOD DANM ALB PLAYING BASTARDS :mad:

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Aralik

Lol! Those are throwing stars. ;) Or Shuriken, more correctly.

Flail = bigger version of nunchaku sticks (sp?)?
Morning star is a "ball and chain" attached to a shaft.

-G

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by danskmacabre

They're not, in English they're called THROWING stars...
And yeah, there is another name in Japanese...but I don't know what it is..

The japanananese name would be "Shuriken" :)

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by danskmacabre
Yes, I noticed Brannor's post.
Woohoo! Somebody reads what I write! Legend! :D

Sickofit is not only getting irregular with his posts, but slow...very slow...

-G

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Ha... look at the time... uhm... *coughs* uhm... bah...

Lets just agree on "both of us knew it";)
Go get your pwice, Brannor.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by sickofit...
Go get your pwice, Brannor.

OI, I wanna ½ prize, I knew there WAS a japanese name...
:eek:

;)

S

SFXman

but they also receive a new weapon type, Flexible Weapons, which includes whips, flails, and morningstars, with appropriate combat styles.
OMG this sounds awesome :D
With the new graphics engine and all it will look awesome whn a Reaver uses a whip for example. Flail could be cool, being two-handed and all... shiiiit.... can't wait! But I want to try the necromancer aswell and I already have 3 characters (4, not counting my paladin, Cannabis) :(

O

old.LandShark

So in essence what a few of you are saying, is.... nerf reavers.
n1

edit: or was it nerf albion
:rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.LandShark
So in essence what a few of you are saying, is.... nerf reavers.
n1

edit: or was it nerf albion
:rolleyes:

The latter :cool:

O

old.LandShark

Well, wanting all of albion's classes* nerfed is much the same as wanting albion nerfed, isn't it....
Oh, i saw a thread round here about Lyonesse giving albion an unfair advantage, nerf Lyonesse too :uhoh:

*except cabalists; remember kids, if there aren't 50000 of them, they must suck

edit: Incidentally, these guys will be thanes all over again. "A tank with DD's, wow! cool!" and their spellcasting power will be a half-arsed effort primarily used for breaking mezz. :m00:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I have a better idea! Nuke instead of nerf:)

Equip the lowest populated realm with Interrealm thermo nuclear weapons and killer satellites! That will teach them Albs...

B

Brannor McThife

Landshark, it was me that said Lyonesse gives Albion an unfair advantage. And that is partially solved in a later patch where you apparently can no longer auto the goblins/trees/pikemen. Not sure of that.

I've played all three realms somewhat, and Lyonesse is an XP whorehouse.

-G

L

lakih

Originally posted by Dannyn
Cool, now where's my 2 handed weapons, crit strike, dual wield, and envenom skills?

Was refering to the speed, stealth and minstrels high dmg output in general...

D

Danya

Originally posted by lakih

Was refering to the speed, stealth and minstrels high dmg output in general...
High damage output? You call "lowest damage in the realm" high damage output?!

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by lakih
and minstrels high dmg output in general...
With 34 base slash, my damage cap on a lvl1 mob is 195 with a high-quality crafted 3.5spd weapon. That is not an impressive damage table....
And the shouts? If you think minstrel shouts are particularly impressive, you need to sort your body resist out.
/em eaglerly awaits body resist lowering stun duration, when everyone and his uncle will have capped body res (and sorc/minstrel DD's will be pale shadows of their former selves)

Brannor: fine, i realise lyonesse is a good exp spot. However I absolutely deny that it makes levelling 45-50 any easier for an alb than it is in midgard. I know that myself i've spent most of my 43+ levelling in our epic zone, not in bloody lyonesse. Because, basically, witherwoodes are lousy exp once you're above level 45 or 46...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom