New class New mid

Clathis

Fledgling Freddie
:D Ok here goes , proably see alot of threads like this :)

Got alot of spare time on me hands and rolling mid.

I do like me rvr, once got me MLs and TOAed up will pretty much live in rvr, well nights anyway.

So here comes the question for a rvr group even random ones:

Thinking of Frost elf healer

Any ideas of specs as I not got a clue?

Also I dont expect insta rvr groups but do they get groups ok or are there loads about already?

Also with me second account was going to roll a pet spec Spirit master, thinking they work well together to ge me up levels as like all realms 20s-40 groups seem hard to find, well where i am atm they are.

Ok thats it, all advice appreciated.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Howdi and welcome!:)

Well yes thats a good choice. (normally you chose shaman + summsm but pac healer + summsm works well too!:)

There are 3 different speccs for ya as a healer:

(and yes as healer you usually get decent groups from start!:) (even without eq!)

Mend/pac healer
40 mend/36 pac

Pac/mend healer
44 pac/30(31) mend (depending if you want grey healer speed or a better single heal)

Aug/mend healer
39 mend/37 aug (även om jag själv tycker 44 aug/31 mend verkar trevlig:)

Summsm är rätt enkel bara Summoning!:)

/Charmangle

Clathis

Fledgling Freddie
Talking to a few ppl online they do say active shaman would e good choice.

To be honest happy with either.

Sorry to trouble you but any ideas of cookie cutter specs for rvr shaman?

Thanks for advice :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Healer is an excellent choice of class. The healer fills 3 rolls in midgard. It is our primary healer (well duh) our primary CCer and also has resistance buffs and haste/celerity. It is fairly common to have 3 healers in most RvR groups.

There are many good healer specs I will list the most common ones that I know off:

44 Pac 31 mend - this is generally the spec of the primary CCer in any RvR group. You have plenty of instants and the best aoe mezz, you also have enough mend for spread heal and some pretty large single target heals. You will have the power regen 4 spell with this spec which will be very useful for leveling.

36 Pac 40 mend - this is the spec of the primary healer, secondary CCer. You have 100% res, spread heal 2 etc. You also have some decent instants and CC spells avaliable. You will still have the power regen 4 spell with this spec.

39 Mend 37 Aug - this is the most common aug spec I believe. You have got plenty of healing power although lack the 100% res (perfect recovery, EoY or perfector abilities are usually more usfeul than the 100% res though). The 37 Aug gives you the second set of resistance buffs. You also have 15% combat haste and the 31% combat haste spells which really do make our tank groups nasty. You can only get the first power regen spell with this spec though.

Other specs (but not as common as first specs I have noted)
48 pac 24 mend - not enough mend for todays RvR but you get power regen 5, the best aoe insta stun avaliable.

44 aug 31 mend - your haste buffs are even better than with 37 aug but you lose some of your healing power, still enough for RvR but less common than 39/37.

36 pac 30 mend 26 aug - the tri spec. You have lots of tools at your disposal but if you need to use all of them you are rpobably going to need to /release alot too. You also lack the specilization to get into opted groups as there will be somebody with better aug/pac/mend than you.

Hope this helps. Some people may disagree with me but I think most of what I have said is accurate.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
bah! beaten by charmangle!

current fotm rvr shaman spec is 44 aug, 31 cave, I believe. End regen 5 plenty of interupt power and you can buff in the field fine too.

Brite

Banned
46 aug 29 cave is also good aswell, get red str/con and the only buff you miss is 4 dex/qui from using yellow which isnt major and better cold/heat resist buffs, but just enough cave for insta pb disease which is all you need really, kobold with 15 dex 10 pie at creation would be best as a shaman as dex > all

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
(även om jag själv tycker 44 aug/31 mend verkar trevlig.
Summsm är rätt enkel bara Summoning!

Hmm...some swedish here...my brain just aint working as it should!:) Translated:
(even if I my self think that 44 aug/31 mend seems nice too!:)
Summsm are pretty simple. Just put all in summoning!:)

Cadelin said:
bah! beaten by charmangle!

current fotm rvr shaman spec is 44 aug, 31 cave, I believe. End regen 5 plenty of interupt power and you can buff in the field fine too.

Hehe have to be faster than that cade!:)

/Charmangle

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i would say a active shammy would be the best way to get grps. kobbie, 15dex 10pie or con, 27cave 46aug 8mend.

Clathis

Fledgling Freddie
So looks like aug 46, cave 27 and heal 8.

Ok thanks for help. Best get leveling then :)

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Look me up when your Lv 50, ML10. Could always use a shaman ;) (j/k)

Welcome to Midgard, i would say a Shaman is an excellent choice of character to play atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom