New Catacombs monster revealed!

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Five new screens from next Mythic expansion can be found here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/view_screenshot.cfm?gameID=11&screenID=1827

Ogres look impressive. ;)

Here the official press release from the same source, but I still have not found any confirmation to this on Mythic pages.

FAIRFAX, VA - JULY 14, 2004 - Mythic Entertainment today released screenshots featuring brand-new monster art from "Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs." The screens show off classic "Dark Age of Camelot" monsters as you?ve never seen them before, with completely redone models and textures that provide twice the amount of detail, and take the game above and beyond today?s graphic standards.

The monsters, including an irewood, ant and an ogre, are just one example of the graphical upgrades featured in "Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs," the latest expansion to the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game. Playable character models and environments will also feature stunning new art.

In addition to enhanced graphics throughout the game, "Catacombs" adds new dungeon areas to each Realm, instanced content, new player classes and challenges for all character levels. "Catacombs" will be available in stores in December 2004.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
think the first image is actually an ettin he's fighting (bloke on the right could be an ogre)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
yep, and ants theres as well, could be new renders of the standard mobs

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
Why is the Valkyn Savage wearing the Warrior epic? :eek7:
And how do you know it's a savage? he uses a sword on the first image ^^

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Sitting at work ( I know, what am I doing browsing DAoC forums @ work when I'm not allowed [but who gives a &^&* anyway]) And I must admit, they do look pretty damn nice...

Thing is...

Better models mean more work for the client machine...
And ppl are complaining that their 'low-average' machine can't cope with NF as it is now... How the hell is it gonna cope with those...

Mass upgrade or quit time again for a lot of ppl come catacombs then :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Look at his posture.

With all the fancy new Character related stuff thats supposedly coming with Catacombs I wouldn't be surprised if Race-Relative combat stances was one of them (judging from that picture)

Oh, and don't forget...

Catacombs will break the game and make everyone quit ;)

Sigurd

Banned
Archeon said:
With all the fancy new Character related stuff thats supposedly coming with Catacombs I wouldn't be surprised if Race-Relative combat stances was one of them (judging from that picture)

Oh, and don't forget...

Catacombs will break the game and make everyone quit ;)

Don't be silly! How can it break the game if NF already has :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Don't be silly! How can it break the game if NF already has :p

i thought TOA and the other patch b4 broke the game??
/sarcasme off

the new mobs look awsome, and i cant understand why ppl complain about there 2 year old machince cant play all the newest games (just see reqs for doom 3 and half-life2), games develop and and so does u machince.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Lejemorder said:
/sarcasme off

the new mobs look awsome, and i cant understand why ppl complain about there 2 year old machince cant play all the newest games (just see reqs for doom 3 and half-life2), games develop and and so does u machince.
Its not soo much as the fact yes people do have to upgrade. its the pace at which things are advancing. the games industry is the fastest moving sector of the entertainment industry.

very few people can afford to splash out £1000-£2000 on new hardware every year just so they can play the latest games.

Specially with graphics cards. They are advancing almost 3 times faster than CPU technology. A top of the range graphics bought a year ago is nothing compaired to todays top of the range card. yet a cpu bought 18 months ago still has enough power to compete with todays standards.

Ohh and btw Doom3 and HL2 requirements are grossly exagerated ;p

Doom3 and HL2 will both run fairly well on moderate machines (P4/Athlon 1.3Ghz+) with a GF3 ti 500 or better.

GF4 MX can run still run Doom3 at farely good detail if you have a fast enough CPU.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
uhm 1000 euros should buy yourself an up to date pc (without monitor maybe, but you dont need a new one every time atleast imo). You can probably get it cheaper if you just buy parts and use your old case +power supply.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
emma said:
Ohh and btw Doom3 and HL2 requirements are grossly exagerated ;p

Doom3 and HL2 will both run fairly well on moderate machines (P4/Athlon 1.3Ghz+) with a GF3 ti 500 or better.

GF4 MX can run still run Doom3 at farely good detail if you have a fast enough CPU.

you have to have all detail turned down to run a pc with that spec though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
YEEK! Those irewoods look nasty, if they had been in the game when I first started, I'da sheete myself if one jumped me in the forest.

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Just like the other expansions (waterreflection, high rezz textures..) you can just turn off the new models. If I remember it correct :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
The new player models look superb - can't wait until they're implemented. Much better than the current ones IMHO :)

Sigurd

Banned
Lejemorder said:
/sarcasme off

*Sarcasm

Zebolt said:
And you know that they haven't made new postures how exactly? :rolleyes:

Mythic are lazy.

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Aargh I'd have watched all but the page resized itself everytime I pushed next..
Nice screenies tho.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Driwen said:
uhm 1000 euros should buy yourself an up to date pc (without monitor maybe, but you dont need a new one every time atleast imo). You can probably get it cheaper if you just buy parts and use your old case +power supply.

My last pc cost me well under 400 quid.... Shuttle case, athlon 2600 processor, 2*512mb sticks of memory and a gfx card... Had a 80gb hdd lying about at work which went into it, but it certainly didn't break the bank, certainly cost me less than a top of the range gfx card ;)

But then again i never buy cutting edge i always buy the last best setup which seems to do me for a few years.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
Shouldn't that be aren't you? Idiot.
Im kinda amused that the only way you can insult ppl are by calling them names. Use your head more instead of just calling ppl fuckers and idiots eveytime someone says something to you, but maybe thats too much for you to handle at once? :worthy:

And learn some grammar before you write silly things like that, geez..

Sigurd

Banned
LOL my grammar is fine... your spelling however is rather poor. I always find it amusing when people randomly insult me then try to put me down for insulting people. Yes, congratulations, you started it fucktard.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me, or arent these 'my spelling is better than yours' conversations something that belongs in pre-school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom