New Business Hunters

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I went on a bookkeeping course the other day for people starting small businesses and everyone there, about 15 people, had all been contacted by pretty much the same people. York City Football ground wanting to know if they needed a billboard for 800 quid; a reqruitment company in Sheffield asking if they need temps; and even a local post office offering a TV ad just inside that particular post office for 50 quid a month! Even Yell.com doesn't cost that much, and this was for one tiny local post office.

Where do they get your new business name from, are they going through yell.com or thomson online and looking out for new entries or is there some kind of register where new businesses appear - and, if there is, how do you get yourself taken off it? Or do you just have to put up with it?

Vae

Resident Freddy
Presumably you registered a company at Companies House. That'll be the most likely source of the information as they only need to identify newly formed companies from there and obtain your registered office address.

Bad news is you can't get yourself taken off the list.

If you haven't registered a company (you're running as a sole trader or partnership) then there is no place you're required to register yourself other than with the revenue who don't publish lists of new businesses.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks, I'm not that bothered about it myself, just a couple of people asked me - so now I know what to tell them. I guess their names are coming up in the local online phone book then. I can't remember what I did myself, it was last September - I think I just figured at the time that the bank sent something to somebody somewhere... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom