New Bike Thread

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Not to confuse the other thread with Laz's problems, here's a new thread showing my finished 2003 GSF1200 Bandit for anyone who cares :)

Old bike -

1200%20Bandit%2024.9%20small.bmp

Finshed Bike -

Small%201200.jpg

So far Ive removed the

top fairing - worked quite well but horrible to look at

the mini indicators - god why do people put them on, replaced with proper ones now

the belly pan - I was going to leave that one, but I was getting a wierd weave about 110 mph onwards, now with the belly pan off, the weave is gone.

the standard exhaust has been replaced with a Beowulf stainless steel item. Its much lighter, a bit louder, and much better looking. The 1200 is really restricted in the exhaust, doing this has cured the carb icing problems I was having, and added a good 10 horsepower as well. Bargain :)

Ive replaced a few other bits too, like the horrible handlebar grips and removed most of the anodised nuts and bolts the previous owner put on. Some people go mad on that stuff, I don't get it. I think the bike's lines are much cleaner now, I'm satisfied with it. I just need a new set of tyres, and I'm going to bung in another rear shock at some point, and I'll be finished!

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Good call on the Beowolf can - I have one on my 650 Bandit :)

You should pop over to Bandit Forums - some good folk on there.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
before i put one of those beowolf things on my bike i have one question, will it make as good a sound as a kwenchy cup?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It will sound better than 12 really good things on a good night out in well, a really good place :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
the belly pan - I was going to leave that one, but I was getting a wierd weave about 110 mph onwards, now with the belly pan off, the weave is gone.

That sounds pretty scary :eek6:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It actually was kind of scary :)

Now it's solid all the way up to 145-150 :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I had to put the standard can on mine due to the insurance :(

A few years back I wouldn't of cared and left the after market one on but I must be growing up. On the plus side I got a standard can off Ebay for £5.50 :D

Looks good throdbacon, much better as god intended.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thats a "road legal" can Trem. Not sure how, as it's quite a bit louder imo, but it has the BSAU stamp and everything. Far superior to the original :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom