New bg's

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Herald patch notes :) :
- The new battlegrounds, with the exception of Proving Grounds and The Lions Den, are now ready for testing on Pendragon. Players can now use the portal ceremonies at the border keeps in their home realm to port into the battlegrounds using the Battleground Medallion of Passage. The names and level ranges of the battlegrounds are as follows:

1 - 4 Proving Grounds
5 - 9 The Lions Den
10 - 14 The Hills of Claret
15 - 19 Killaloe
20 - 24 Thidranki
25 - 29 Braemar
30 - 34 Wilton
35 - 39 Molvik
40 - 44 Leirvik

- The new battlegrounds do not have realm point caps.

in case you people havent read it already :)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
no rp cap? 0_o
there is gonna be some really really really mean BG chars in about a month if it goes live.

Duze

Loyal Freddie
lol siddles has a point considering that 99% of the time u get 1rp per kill in bg1. Even when I play my infi and think I've "solo'd" somebody, I still mostly only get 1rp per kill meaning somebody slapped him already 5 hours ago or something. Be nice for getting some passives etc. tho to help with levelling :) but I seriously doubt we'll see any low level bg characters running around with IP and purge.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Purge will cost 5 realm points, even tho with a 5 second delay it'll get popular in thid to get rid of 40+ second mezzes and stuff.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Coccas said:
- The new battlegrounds
:clap:

Omg I had no idea this was coming. About time too, was always a shame that you couldnt go to a battleground at any level if you felt like a change from exping, crafting or whatever.

Just hope they dont all end up graveyards like Abermenai is though.

Coccas said:
1 - 4 Proving Grounds
LOL at a level 1-4 battleground. wtfpwned by a bronze training sword.

Coccas said:
- The new battlegrounds do not have realm point caps.
Thank god for that, I have re-rolled my Shadowblade and Hunter far too many times and their armour is down to 30% duration from all the 20-24 levelling. :(

I see quite a few exp suicides coming for people who want to stay in a particular battleground tho. My current Shadowblade has almost 8 bubbles towards level 25 from Albs and Hibbies alone.

Good news though, thanks Coccas :cheers:

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
best idea i read in years.. mean low lvl no artifacts just capped with scéd gear

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
more info about the bgs

Sharp-eyed readers of the 1.70x patch notes over the last few days have noticed a series of disparate items that, when matched together, point to a great new addition to Dark Age of Camelot: you now have the option of gaining experience via RvR or PvE at any time on your journey from level 1 to 50. We are adding all-new Battlegrounds, raising the experienced gained for killing other players, and making other changes that give players options in how they accrue experience.

These Battleground changes are all part of New Frontiers, our free RvR expansion. Here's a list of the new additions to the game. These new features have all been made in the 1.70 patch cycle, which is still in testing on Pendragon. They will go live when New Frontiers launches.

You now get 8x experience for killing another player, compared to the amount of experience on normal servers up until now. This is now the same amount of experience gained for killing any enemy as on Mordred, the PvP-only server.

There are new Battlegrounds for all levels up to 45. These are 1-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, and 40-44. So, there will always be a place where you can go engage in RvR, no matter your level - if you are level 45+, of course, you'll be going to the New Frontiers. You are not limited to these Battlegrounds - just like always, if you want to go out to the New Frontiers and engage in full-scale RvR, you are welcome to attempt to do so at any level.

You can stay in any of the Battlegrounds for as long as you wish, provided you don't level out of them. Players 15th level and above still accrue Realm Points for engaging in Battleground RvR, but now, once you've hit your cap, you are not barred from the Battleground - instead, you just won't accrue more until you attain enough experience to level up to the next Battleground.

The new level 1-4 Battleground starts out with very basic terrain and objectives. Each successive Battleground adds new features and objectives, such as keeps, towers, water, boats, etc.

The end result of all these changes is that players of Dark Age of Camelot, through the New Frontiers expansion, have the option of engaging in PvE OR RvR to gain levels. No longer will you have to wait to level 15 to be able to enjoy the thrill of fighting against other players in Dark Age of Camelot - now you can do it from day one of your character's existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom