New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

S

SFXman

Might be a useless thread but I just made a new avatar picture. I took this screen outside keltoi then in Photoshop I fiddled with the brightness and contrast and to make a finishing touch added a lens flare... for some reason I think it looks very real!

S

SFXman

It seems like no one is interested in my avatar :( *sniff*
I personally like it a lot since it looks very realistic, if you ask me it does.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Damini
Preferred your old one, truth be told.
Noooo! It cannot be true! When I finally get a post it isn't the kind I'd desire, booohooo! :(
In the old one I am such a low level "thing" and the picture was too brown, I don't like brown.

D

Damini

You seem to spend so long in the forums... how do you ever get the time to play the game?

S

SFXman

You seem to spend so long in the forums... how do you ever get the time to play the game?
I don't usually spend that much time here, in comparison to however many posts I have made... I just tend to post quite fast and type fast you know. You should see me action sometime. *gets an idea* Record my forum action with that screen recording thing! Hehee.
Of course I play the game, quite a lot too.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Psi
Damini's avatar scares me :eek:
Yeah I have said that too before, in a sense, when I said that Damini's avatar aint very normal either.
It reminds me of Carmageddon in a sense. A "weird" driver, "weird" in this case because the driver is young, mouth open just hitting the pedal to the metal while turning left at some crazy speed.

D

Damini

Hey! That's me being young. And cute. And not at all sinister.

Now Brinx's avatar... that's the stuff that nightmares are made of.

S

SFXman

Hey! That's me being young. And cute. And not at all sinister.

Now Brinx's avatar... that's the stuff that nightmares are made of.
Yes, but your avatar seriously could be seen as the car a bit tilted to the left and a kid steering it that way giving the idea of a under-aged driver, hehee.

O

old.Rohirrim

truth me told i do prefer ur old one, and i like mine...Go leggy go!!!

i wanted a pic i got of aragorn hooded sitting in a dark coner in the pub, its so dark and sinister...so rougish, but that one didnt show up so well. So im stuck with legolas, which i like. :clap:

O

old.Olorin

the green is too bright, looks mire like an elf in hibernia to me

L

Lam

I like your avatar but the background looks to me like your scout is having a party with some lasers on the background.

S

SFXman

Damn you all, I think it so nice and then others think my old one was better, I hate it! I do I do I do I do I do I do! :)
FINE, I will get new screenshots, make around 10 of them, put them in one post and then we'll have a "vote" of some sort.

F

Flimgoblin

Is it just me or does it look like he's eating something really rubbery... and it's just not breaking?

(yeah I know it's his bow string... but dontcha think?)

S

SFXman

Well sort of, but actually the thing on ->her<- mouth is an arrow. I just like the look of that.... it looks very little like the usual DAoC, looks more real imho...

O

old.SkeritXP

Is that a girl?
It's kinda hard to see, and dark.
You can't see the bow good.
Sry, you gotta make another one
:D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by SkeritXP
Is that a girl?
It's kinda hard to see, and dark.
You can't see the bow good.
Sry, you gotta make another one
:D
Yes it is... can't you see the damn "heandband" that you may choose in the making of your character... I can.
I made it a bit weird in color because imho just taking the screen and cutting that bit out.... gave one ugly avatar. So dull and "not-realistic", I mean some people have avatars with real people etc. in then.... mine is on the thin line between them and that's why I think it looks great.
Can't see the bow good? You couldn't make out anything if I tried to squeeze that in aswell since the character would become so small. If I kept it in the same proportions and tried to get the bow to show more it would look a bit stupid (I tested it different ways... this looked best).
Sry, make one yourself first before you judge others, ehehe. :p

O

old.Kennsai

confused!

can i ask, how do you put a avatar in, i wanna do one but when i go to the avatar selection page there in nothing in there. do i hav to hav a certain number of posts?

how do i put my own avatar up aswell, any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

Kennsai

L

Lam

Re: confused!

Originally posted by Kennsai
can i ask, how do you put a avatar in, i wanna do one but when i go to the avatar selection page there in nothing in there. do i hav to hav a certain number of posts?

how do i put my own avatar up aswell, any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

Kennsai

You have to have 20 posts before you can specify a custom avatar. WHen you have 20 posts you'll get a new window in your avatar options and you can upload one.

O

old.Kennsai

aah ok thanks alot m8 :clap: :clap:

ill do it soon as i get 20 :rolleyes:

S

SFXman

20 posts don't take long at all. But how do your posts have anything to do with my thread :confused:

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by SFXman
Might be a useless thread but I just made a new avatar picture. I took this screen outside keltoi then in Photoshop I fiddled with the brightness and contrast and to make a finishing touch added a lens flare... for some reason I think it looks very real!

I thinx its better! :)

S

SFXman

Re: Re: New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

Originally posted by Zenox

I thinx its better! :)
Woooooooohoooooooo! But hey like I said earlier in this thread I am making loads and posting all... then we'll see which is best in peoples opinions.

O

old.Zenox

Re: Re: Re: New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

Woooooooohoooooooo! But hey like I said earlier in this thread I am making loads and posting all... then we'll see which is best in peoples opinions.

Stop replying u fast real time chatter! ;p

S

SFXman

Re: Re: Re: Re: New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

Stop replying u fast real time chatter! ;p
Why? Does it bother you :)
I am not a machine.

O

old.Zenox

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

Why? Does it bother you :)
I am not a machine.

It bothers me :)

Are u perm logged onto the forum? ;)

S

SFXman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New avatar, hmm looks pretty damn good actually!

It bothers me :)

Are u perm logged onto the forum? ;)
Damn it's been hours sinec I posted. Actually... usually I have the forums open all day even if I am doing something else. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom