New ATI Catalyst drivers out 5.4

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
SawTooTH said:
All these monthly updates don't make for happy downloading on 56k, hehe!

Aside from the usual fixes and improvements, these drivers apparently include a WHQL driver for Windows XP x64 Edition, as well as updating the Linux driver and Multimedia Center, together with an HDTV setup wizard (thanks to The Tech Report for the summary).

For those interested in software updates, MSN Messenger 7 has today been released. At over 7MB it is rather bloated, and again comes with lots of things you'll never likely use, but there are a few nice new features (see the download page for a brief summary).

Kind Regards

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Jonty said:
For those interested in software updates, MSN Messenger 7 has today been released. At over 7MB it is rather bloated, and again comes with lots of things you'll never likely use, but there are a few nice new features (see the download page for a brief summary).

GAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*savagely beats Jonty to death*

(translated into English, this means: MSN Messenger 7 is very bad)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Uninstall driver, run hwclear.exe to get rid of separate tv card drivers which do not work once your remove vga drivers, reboot, run driver cleaner, reboot again, install new vga driver, reboot, isntall hauppauge tv drivers (in bits of separate bloody files no less), reboot, configure vga stuff, run channel detection crap again.

SHITCOCKS.

I tried the Ati omega drivers the other day, 5.2 based (5.3 this weekend btw) - my NES emulator ran jerkily so installing this new shite will be the third time I'll have sat through this UTTER SHITE this week.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
fatbusinessman said:
*savagely beats Jonty to death*

(translated into English, this means: MSN Messenger 7 is very bad)
Why is that my fault? :( *sniff* There will be a patch released shortly which the beta versions had which gets rid of all of the annoyances (adverts, tabs, MSN search/spaces etc.). I can't recommend you DL it, as it probably violates the licence agreement, but it does provide a more streamlined experience :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, Mazling :(

Kind Regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi RB

The latest Catalysts don't allow themselves to work on most (if not all) Mobility Radeons, but you can edit the install files so they'll work. The drivers work fine, they're just not officially supported.

The best thing to do, if you want to try the latest drivers, is to download the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's website and then use the Driver Heaven patch utility which modifies the Catalyst files to install correctly. This perhaps sounds complicated but, if you read the Driver Heaven instructions, it's a simple enough process.

Alternatively, just stick with the latest drivers offered by your laptop provider. These are guaranteed compatible and are officially supported (or should be) but they're often out of date compared to the latest ATI Catalyst drivers.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Some of the optimised driver suites, such as Omega Drivers, come prepatched and are usually more up-to-date than laptop supplers' drivers. The downside is they're unsupported, but other that they're usually safe to use and offer quality and performance enhancements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom