New Albums

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
A few new albums out this year/summer.

I'll write a small review about ones ive heard and ones im going to get.

AFI - December Underground

Gah, well AFI are a very decent goth punk band but this time they've only done satisfactory, Miss Murder their new single isn't bad; quite catchy but not one of their best.
Miss Murder ->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crFnn0n1mGk&search=Miss Murder

This album is out on the 6th of June. If its a fair price, buy it but dont expect as good as their past albums.

Album I'm looking forward to: RHCP (red hot chillie pepper) new album out soon.

Anyone else found any new nice albums recently?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now

It's their third album and they have pulled it off really well. As the name of the album indicates it is louder and faster then the previous two. This new style really works for TBS and has made the album top notch. It also got 5 Ks in Kerrang Magazine. I also saw them live last night and they were amazing, the lead singer is a great frontman and the new material really got the crowd wild. Well worth a buy.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Lacuna coil - karmacode came out a month or so back, good album if you ask me..

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
awesome stuff guys keep it coming :D

Mey

Part of the furniture
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

One of the best British ‘extreme power metal’ bands to come about in recent years. Showing that the British have still got it and that the market is no longer dominant by Swedish / Finnish (Scandinavian) metal bands..

http://www.dragonforce.com/main.html

And

Apocalyptica

Though not really a new album out atm if you haven't heard of them I’d advise you go check them out. Classical music mixed with metal (i.e metallica etc..).

http://www.apocalyptica.com/home/

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

Is ok-ish, although a little too soft for my tastes. It´s a double CD, so lots of data for your money. :)

Tool - 10000 days

no comment needed... awesome.

The Streets - The hardest way to make an easy living

"A Grand don´t come for free" was hard to top I guess. Nevertheless, good lyrics as usual.

Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia

Not everybody´s taste I think, but I like them. Highly original.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
Album I'm looking forward to: RHCP (red hot chillie pepper) new album out soon.

Stadium Arcadium is already out.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Disapointed in RHCP, it all just turns too samey. Individually most the tracks are a nice listen but they dont work togethar, the albums been put togethar poorly. Also none of the songs seem to be EXACTLY what you want which sucks :(

id give it a 7/10

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Muse's album 'Black Holes and Revelations' comes out on July 3rd, personally I can't wait. :D
Their 1st release from the album; 'Supermassive Black Hole' is supposed to have been heavily influenced from the New York dance scene, which Franz Ferdinand have become favourites in:
Singer Matt Bellamy told NME.COM: "I was going out dancing in clubs around New York. That helped create tracks like 'Supermassive Black Hole'. Franz (Ferdinand) have done it very well, with that dance type beat going on mixed with alternative guitar and I've always wanted to find that."
I for one was disappointed with the sound of this song, although it shows Muse are willing to stretch their musical abilities; I feel their talent is completely wasted in a poor release track. It is possibly the only Muse song I have ever felt disappointed with, so I still have faith (it is being called the 'Unintended' (Showbiz) of Black Holes and Revelations). From what the lead singer (Matt Bellamy) has said, and after reading a few reviews, you can probably expect to find atleast one more song on the new album similar to the new release; of course many fans like the song, but I am an oldskool fan and really hope they don't go down this direction. After listening to a live performance of 'Knights of Cydonia' I have high hopes for the album once again! Another track available as a live performance is 'Starlight', which is supposed to be very good aswell; however, I am waiting for the actual release of the album so I don't spoil it. :D

http://www.muse.mu/ is the link to the band website if you have never heard of them before!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
:| just wrote a massive review of stadium arcadium about each track how it goes blend etc and couldnt edit my last post so i've lost it :'(

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Thom Yorke (Radiohead) has recorded a solo album aswell, due to be released on July 11th; it will be titled 'The Eraser'.
This does not mean the end of Radiohead, as they are in fact working on their 7th album; Yorke has simply wished to do something like this for a long while.
Personally, I have no idea if this will be good or not, but this is very interesting nonetheless. I think I may get the album simply based on his work with Radiohead.
The elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished, and I have been itching to do something like this for ages," Yorke said in his post. "Inevitably, it is more beats and electronics."
It is a safe bet to assume with this quote; however, that if you dislike the electric alternative sound in Radiohead's later albums, such as 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac', you are probably not going to like this. Who knows though, it may end up with a blend such as 'Hail to the Thief'; mixing old with new in a very good way (imo), only time will tell. :)

Article about the new album.

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Couple of months old now but Super collossal by Joe Satriani awesome, more of the usual which in my opinion is a good think but if you haven't liked his other albums you'll wanna keep away. Got a good mix of sounds from the hard rockish title track, a bluesey sounding Just like lightning to more chilled out tunes like a cool new way so it keeps you interested with the change in styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom