New Account Page - TERRIBLE

Dakhor

Fledgling Freddie
Ok just bought the full version DAoC + SI + ToA today and have been trying for 9 hours straight to get into the register new account page and havent been able to thous far... Its now 01:40 and im giving up... If I cant get in tomorrow ill return the pice of shit and go back to US servers instead ... atleast there it works.

Yes ive reset the cache, etc etc etc...

/Dak

Vae

Resident Freddy
Allowed cookies? I've just tested it and got same problem hat it wouldn't access the registration page. Moved IE security to allow all cookies from medium level and it worked 1st time.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Over 12 hours of me fecking pressing the darn button on accounts link 5 times ive been able to put my details in and 5 times once I click advance it gives me the same pages are unavailable bollox.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Dakhor said:
Ok just bought the full version DAoC + SI + ToA today and have been trying for 9 hours straight to get into the register new account page and havent been able to thous far... Its now 01:40 and im giving up... If I cant get in tomorrow ill return the pice of shit and go back to US servers instead ... atleast there it works.

/Dak

u know that a server if it shall not crash it shall have max number in how many ppl it will allow to acces, so u r just unlucky and also try check for cookies!!
and if it really pis u so much go back to US and be our beta tester :D

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Did you really believe it was just to log in and register? With most of the European players doing the same? Give it a week and you can swim around in ToA like the rest :) Life isnt insta satisfaction, sometimes you need to use a bit of determination and perservance to reach your goal ;)

Shivver

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
Did you really believe it was just to log in and register? With most of the European players doing the same? Give it a week and you can swim around in ToA like the rest :) )

Thats a tad unfair, looking at the other threads it looks like the majority still do not have TOA yet so it can only get worse for the registration page.

Also, this is no suprise for for GOA, they knew the release date, they can see what happened to the web traffic on the registration page when they released SI. If I was managing it I would have had my registration server mirrored, simulated the SI traffic (you would have kept the logs from that date) and if it could not cope, farmed the reg page out to another company such as IBM for 5 days to allow the initial surge to subside.

I would do this because I remember the feelings last years shambles inspired.

Still I may be pleasantly suprised and this is just a one off.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
I thought goa would have fixed this after knowing how wrong it went with the SI registration ..

I don't wanna rub it in, but, i was able to do this on the first attempt, i must have been quite lucky.
I fail to see how goa can manage to screw this one up, they know exactly how many players each server got, and from the 25 - 27'th 95% of the players will try to access the registration page.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Dakhor said:

/Dak
You really have it hard huh?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Suedish said:
I thought goa would have fixed this after knowing how wrong it went with the SI registration ..

I don't wanna rub it in, but, i was able to do this on the first attempt, i must have been quite lucky.
I fail to see how goa can manage to screw this one up, they know exactly how many players each server got, and from the 25 - 27'th 95% of the players will try to access the registration page.

no, a small percentage of people will access the registration page - a Large percentage will be registering ToA - which they've changed to use a different system.

In other words - if you didn't change your details or resubscribe before ToA came out or if you're a completely new account then you'll have to be patient, everyone else can get in fine though ;)

Oh and before anyone else says "but hardly anyone has it" - france and germany all got theirs yesterday (or even the day before) - and they've got a lot more players than we do.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
And don't forget to check if you accept shttp or whatever it was as that was a problem some time back as well with people who couldn't access it.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no! Sub-pages wont work fer ya! Repent! The end is near I tell ya!!! The world is coming to an end!! Oh no!
Newsflash for Dakhor: The world does not revolve around you! Patience durnit! :touch:
oh and btw take a look at the pinned thread called Trials of Atlantis news and behold the mystery of information! :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Think you will have problems returning as well as most stores wont accept online games as returns .. even game under its 10 day no quibble rule

Dakhor

Fledgling Freddie
Patience? -- the world revolves arround me?

WTF -- I paid for this shit - paid to switch from US to EU servers due to some RL friends here. And Teh FnoRd ur flaming me?

LOL

This is pure bad buissness sense, its like going into a grocery store and buying some great steak , pay for it, go home and when u rip of the plastic coverings and get ready to hit the kitchen some label sais u cant eat it cuz its not ready yet.

I can return it - we have laws for things that do not work in Sweden. And if the store gives me some BS, a letter from a lawyer friend of mine usually does it.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
No Dakhor I'm not flaming you. mearly pointing out a few facts of life for you that you seem to have missed. I pay for it aswell, but I can understand that there's a huge load on GOAs servers atm with all the ToA registrations.
You're, like a few other people here, just ranting because things didn't go your way when you wanted! You don't like? Don't pay them and sod of then! (Not a flame, but my opinion! :p )
And if you haven't been able to access the subpage I asume you haven't paid anything yet (I read it that you just now moved from us) so you can't really demand anything anyways.

If you want cheese you'll have to pay! :p

Dakhor

Fledgling Freddie
The customer is always right - especially if he has paid for his produkt and does not get what is advertised. Simple as that.

Sure maybe I havent paid anything to GoA yet I dont know how that works but I paid about 44 Euros for the boxed game.

As I myself am in my own buissness I know a little how it works, its always cost vs alot of other things. Now companies do everything to maximize their profits of course, but they dont see things from the eyes of the consumer. The consumer has a few actions to take when wanting to invest in a product. The obvious is to not buy it at all, but once uve bought it you are as the consumer often left to considder more less direct options. A good way is to make other people aware of the faults you think the product you just bought has and thous affecting the overall sales of the product.

Now if a few ppl complain and not very loudly, ie the profit loss is minimall, then the company sees no reason to invest more money in something they see is working as well as it can from their point of cost vs "a whole lot of other things" view.

But on the other hand if a lot of people complain the company most of the time makes an adjustment that suits the needs of their consumers better.

Im just writing all of this BS while trying this reg page over and over... I will have to automate it on my other comp. I remember I did that on some other game - did some automated program to keep clicking that reg button every 30 sec or so and take a screenshot of the page that follows, compare it to the one stored, beep if different. REPEAT indefinetly :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
The info IS actually there for you to read. but you seem too busy rambling so I can see that you haven't had time to read it yet... :eek:

zYnc

Loyal Freddie
Well whichever way you twist and turn what's the right and what's the wrong way of doing this by GOA, you atleast got to admit that the first impression new customers get when they try to pay their subscriptions isn't all to good eh?

My subs ran out a few days before ToA release and I didn't play those days so wasn't aware they had run out. Got my ToA copy yesterday and been trying numerous times to access the 'Account' pages, which of course wasn't possible. I've been playing for about 2 years and was actually really excited to start exploring ToA, so don't give me this 'Patience boy, patience!' bullshit.

Now, is it just me who find this absolutely laughable?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you wanna be angry and bitch and whine by all means do, but for the love of whatever READ UP before. even better: quit if it doesn't suit you! Neither will help you getting to play the game faster!
The fact is still that GOA have given info that the sub-pages will suffer in favor of the registration of ToA!

I still have plenty of Cheese if you want sum... :D

zYnc

Loyal Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Well if you wanna be angry and bitch and whine by all means do, but for the love of whatever READ UP before. even better: quit if it doesn't suit you! Neither will help you getting to play the game faster!
The fact is still that GOA have given info that the sub-pages will suffer in favor of the registration of ToA!

I still have plenty of Cheese if you want sum... :D

Exactly what in my previous post indicates that I haven't read up? The post wasn't about lacking info from GOA.

Read up, then post maybe?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
zYnc said:
Exactly what in my previous post indicates that I haven't read up? The post wasn't about lacking info from GOA.

Read up, then post maybe?
Wasn't meant for you tbh, but for Dakhor, and all others that whine about stuff when they haven't been arsed to read info that has been given. :eek:
Did I once in my previous post write "zYnc"? But your still whining tho! ;)

damn... I'm running out of cheese here. well used quite sum myself atleast! :D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Teh FnoRd, you sir are an obnoxius wanker.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
Teh FnoRd, you sir are an obnoxius wanker.
oh no! I'm a wanker! obnoxius to go with that! Whatever shall I do to repent? :p

So I'm a wanker for pointing out that there infact is information about the issue raised and thinkin that Dakhor should have read said information before whining?
So be it then, but tbh you just proved who's the real wanker in this thread! :p

ps. finally a qoute for my sig! thanks Mirt! :D ds.

Mourne

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
no, a small percentage of people will access the registration page - a Large percentage will be registering ToA - which they've changed to use a different system.

In other words - if you didn't change your details or resubscribe before ToA came out or if you're a completely new account then you'll have to be patient, everyone else can get in fine though ;)

Oh and before anyone else says "but hardly anyone has it" - france and germany all got theirs yesterday (or even the day before) - and they've got a lot more players than we do.

hardly right, now is it? my details are up to date and my subscritpion current, yet I have now been waiting for 9 hours for them to activate toa.

small hole in your argument there

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
I read up on all the stuff GOA and kemer and whoever posted, i knew the sub pages would go down.. but i dont check my subs every day? I've been paying for this game for 2 years so i concider myself a costumer and this is BS.

FOA Teh FnoRd: people come here to seek help, there pissed off obviously and are looking for a solution. you whining on them kinda shows what a a-social idiot you are.

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Dakhor said:
Now if a few ppl complain and not very loudly, ie the profit loss is minimall, then the company sees no reason to invest more money in something they see is working as well as it can from their point of cost vs "a whole lot of other things" view.

But on the other hand if a lot of people complain the company most of the time makes an adjustment that suits the needs of their consumers better.

Now here is your reason for having trouble getting to the registration page. The few in this case are people like you, who have just bought an entirely new copy of the game (and a few people who's accounts ran out just before ToA came out).
The many, outnumbering the few by a huge margin are the people who are currently playing the game and just bought the ToA addon to bring their game version up to date.

So, they have weighted almost all of their registration server power that they have atm towards getting current players ToA copies activated (the many) leaving the relatively small amount of people who require access to the account pages to suffer for the time being (the few).
This sounds like business sense to me. The amount of threads with complaints I have noticed about these boards are almost non-existant compared to the fuss that was kicked up the last time with the SI debacle when almost everyone couldn't get on to do anything about activating their copies of SI for days.
This seems like sound business sense to me, and sure the few who are being put out by the difficulty in accessing the subscription pages are most likely feeling extremely frustrated...........but that is what happened to everyone the last time, not just a few. A massive step forward from GOA imo.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Shawr said:
Now here is your reason for having trouble getting to the registration page. The few in this case are people like you, who have just bought an entirely new copy of the game (and a few people who's accounts ran out just before ToA came out).
The many, outnumbering the few by a huge margin are the people who are currently playing the game and just bought the ToA addon to bring their game version up to date.

So, they have weighted almost all of their registration server power that they have atm towards getting current players ToA copies activated (the many) leaving the relatively small amount of people who require access to the account pages to suffer for the time being (the few).
This sounds like business sense to me. The amount of threads with complaints I have noticed about these boards are almost non-existant compared to the fuss that was kicked up the last time with the SI debacle when almost everyone couldn't get on to do anything about activating their copies of SI for days.
This seems like sound business sense to me, and sure the few who are being put out by the difficulty in accessing the subscription pages are most likely feeling extremely frustrated...........but that is what happened to everyone the last time, not just a few. A massive step forward from GOA imo.

Lots of bla bla but does all the bla bla mean people dont have right the be upset about it and post on a public forum? the awnser is NO, k thx.. let us whine just dont read it if you dont like it.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also wondering why there is a account button on this special toa page.. since the server is down.

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
I'm also wondering why there is a account button on this special toa page.. since the server is down.

It's not down, just overloaded. A quick scan about these boards shows another thread with people who have managed to get onto the accounts page and get registered/activated/whatever.

And where exactly did I accuse anyone of whining? And where exactly did I say I didn't like it?
If you're going to flame me atleast read what it is that you are quoting. Thanks.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Thats a tad unfair, looking at the other threads it looks like the majority still do not have TOA yet so it can only get worse for the registration page.

Not really, the French and German players outnumber us quite handily, there is where the big money is for GOA. The English is just icing on the cake so to speak :) And I wouldnt take anything posted on this board as representative for the players, doubt even half the players on Excal and Prydwen roams here with any frequency and then we havent included the mass of Germans/Frenchies. This board only houses a vocal minority.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
FOA Teh FnoRd: people come here to seek help, there pissed off obviously and are looking for a solution. you whining on them kinda shows what a a-social idiot you are.
Seems you have missed something here....
Teh FnoRd said:
Well if you wanna be angry and bitch and whine by all means do, but for the love of whatever READ UP before.
THIS IS MY POINT! Dakhor is the one I've been whining about, because he has obviously not been reading the info given to him! Had he read the info and bitched and whine about the fact that the subscription pages were slow/not letting him in I'd go "sure here's your cheese".
And imho Dakhors post wasn't close to seeking help, mearly flaming of GOA and whining...
And obviously you haven't read up either....
Wiebe said:
And thanks for the attack on my person! Real fun to wake up to! :(

/Edit: Reported Wiebes post as it breached the CoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom